Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455196 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1000 on: April 27, 2015, 04:43:08 AM »
Went to the shelf and picked off a Sony auto radio to install in my Rav.  I think I bought it in late 2012.  Anyway, it went fairly well, had to remove it once because of a faulty connection to the right front speaker.  Audio works well.  It has bluetooth so I was quite excited to pair it to my Galaxy S5......it didn't.. >:( .  Went through all kinds of gyrations and no luck.  It will pair to my wife's S4, though.  I'm thinking it's the OS on the phone as there have been quite a few issues with bluetooth and that OS (5.0).  My wife's phone is 4.4.4.  I can either regress it back to a lower level of OS or wait for 5.1 to come out sometime this year I'm hoping.  Some say 5.1 fixes some bluetooth issues.  If that doesn't work I may replace it with something more current and has HD capability.  I can play my music on the phone as there is a jack on the front I can connect to.

Update:  The bug in the sw was me.  I didn't look beyond the first screen, the radio was showing up on the second page.  :doh:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:38:56 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1001 on: May 06, 2015, 10:43:56 AM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..
People that drive their cars/trucks in a light drizzle (or less) with the w/s wipers on high speed.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1002 on: May 06, 2015, 12:25:26 PM »
People that drive their cars/trucks in a light drizzle (or less) with the w/s wipers on high speed.

And their headlights off.   :(

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1003 on: May 06, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »
And their headlights off.   :(

Apparently they can only find one switch at a time while they are talking/texting on the phone.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1004 on: May 09, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..

+1, and headlights off!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1005 on: May 11, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
bicyclists in the road make me crazy.  they claim the own it plus get free frisbees  ;D

http://time.com/money/3852303/bike-to-work-week-freebies-tips/
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1006 on: May 11, 2015, 07:14:14 AM »
I'm all for sharing the road, but bicyclists who want to ignore Sir Isaac Newton make me crazy and annoyed. All the time I see them on roads with 55 mph or faster speed limits riding 2 or 3 abreast and ignoring the shoulder. Come around a corner or cresting a hill and the road is completely blocked and traffic coming the other way. WTF do they think is going to happen?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1007 on: May 11, 2015, 07:45:30 AM »
I'm all for sharing the road, but bicyclists who want to ignore Sir Isaac Newton make me crazy and annoyed. All the time I see them on roads with 55 mph or faster speed limits riding 2 or 3 abreast and ignoring the shoulder. Come around a corner or cresting a hill and the road is completely blocked and traffic coming the other way. WTF do they think is going to happen?

It ain't gonna be good

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1008 on: May 11, 2015, 07:50:06 AM »
When they have to pay registration and insurance like I do AND are subject to traffic fines like I am, I'll share.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1009 on: May 11, 2015, 01:31:47 PM »
bicyclists in the road make me crazy.  they claim the own it plus get free frisbees  ;D

http://time.com/money/3852303/bike-to-work-week-freebies-tips/

This is sad...

"data cited recently by FiveThirtyEight pointed out that 51% of Americans say they never ride bikes, and 6% don’t even know how to ride bikes. Folks in the Northeast are particularly likely to be clueless on bikes—sadly, 12% say they don’t know how to ride, compared with just 3% in Midwest."

I can't imagine not knowing how to ride a bike or knowing how and never doing it.   :o

[smg id=666]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1010 on: May 11, 2015, 07:28:53 PM »
I ride a bike.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1011 on: May 11, 2015, 07:32:34 PM »
I ride a bike.
Then I suggest you stay out of Deziner's way.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1012 on: May 11, 2015, 07:44:44 PM »

:rotflmao:

Most bicyclists get really animated when you brush them with a fender.  ;D
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1013 on: May 11, 2015, 08:28:26 PM »
A few years ago while going thru one of the local round a bouts a group of three or four cyclists (all outfitted in the latest/tightest cyclist fashions) "merged" in on me except one who was trailing the pack by a couple lengths. He about ran into the rear quarter of the Jetta and placed his left hand on the trunk and held on to catch up. I didn't really care much for the deal, so dropped down a gear and romped on the go pedal. It had been a while since the TDI had been wound out, so the ensuing cloud of diesel smoke was substantial. Last seen, the cyclist had not caught up with his buddies, pulled over to the side of the street to clear his lungs, and had released his hold on the rear of my car quickly.

Typically, I don't have any issue with cyclists, but many disregard any/all traffic laws, run stop signs with abandon, and ride on the wrong side of the road knowing full well if you hit them, it WILL be the drivers fault.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1014 on: May 12, 2015, 04:03:33 AM »

I don't think I'll have any problems staying out of someone's way with my bike.  It has an engine and I know how to use it. ;)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1015 on: May 12, 2015, 05:32:30 AM »
I don't think I'll have any problems staying out of someone's way with my bike.  It has an engine and I know how to use it. ;)

+1... and most stay behind us

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #1016 on: May 20, 2015, 02:06:53 AM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed............................................

1. Product end users  :banghead:

2. Postings in the wrong section  :rotflmao:

Enjoy (old one I know................but hey life is for laughing with)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154767807170001

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1017 on: May 20, 2015, 05:45:50 AM »
End users, the bane of our existence..   Course without them, where would we be?

I hate it when you update Java and other products that they helpfully include other products as well.  They even check the boxes for you.  How Fn helpful.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #1018 on: May 20, 2015, 01:23:48 PM »
End users, the bane of our existence..   Course without them, where would we be?

I hate it when you update Java and other products that they helpfully include other products as well.  They even check the boxes for you.  How Fn helpful.

I love it when they update Java, then some of their apps fail.   ;D  Who said you could update Java?  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1019 on: May 20, 2015, 01:56:13 PM »
...is how a 50 lb bag of dog food turns into 100 lbs of crap in the yard...