Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455170 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1920 on: March 23, 2019, 08:32:43 AM »
Right....I'm bored but not that bored.

Maybe you'll reconsider after a few drinks this evening?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1921 on: March 24, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »
Unfortunately I've cut back.  Trying to lose weight.  Next projected drinking window is this coming Wednesday evening.  I'll let you know.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1922 on: August 09, 2019, 04:51:59 AM »
Have you ever come up on a vehicle in the right lane that you are steadily gaining on then go to pass at the speed your closing on them in the left lane and the aholes gradually speed up to match your speed and you're stuck in their blind spot?  I hate that. I don't think they are doing it on purpose but it drives me freakin bananas!   So then I gots to twist the throttle more and scare the s**t out of them with my loud pipes that save lives.  Idiots.  And it would be a Prius for God's sakes!  And no, it wasn't my wife driving hers.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1923 on: August 09, 2019, 05:47:38 AM »
Have you ever come up on a vehicle in the right lane that you are steadily gaining on then go to pass at the speed your closing on them in the left lane and the aholes gradually speed up to match your speed and you're stuck in their blind spot?  I hate that. I don't think they are doing it on purpose but it drives me freakin bananas! 

Close, it is usually- I pass and then they gradually accelerate and stay even with me or a little behind me, so I can't get back over without going much faster than I was before.  Other times they accelerate AFTER I pass them and then are right behind me in the right lane.

I think it is common because it is not intentional, it is they are being ultra passive and not attentive drivers.  They realize they are going too slow and speed up to be more reasonable, or they are not consciously driving at all and just match whatever is around them.  It is a bit strange, but expected.

When driving, car or bike, I usually pick a speed a want and maintain it. In the car, I am almost always using cruise control, unless it is heavy or very inconsistent traffic.

What makes me angry are the people who drive in the left lane, no faster than the people in the right lane, and do not move over when approached from behind.  Some of that is the "I don't give a damn about other people" and "I am going [what I think is the correct speed] and so I am going to enforce it on others".  Besides phone/distracted driving, ultra excessively aggressive driving, and not maintaining proper following distance, I think it is a major cause of road rage and accidents.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1924 on: August 09, 2019, 10:50:21 AM »
Have you ever come up on a vehicle in the right lane that you are steadily gaining on then go to pass at the speed your closing on them in the left lane and the aholes gradually speed up to match your speed and you're stuck in their blind spot?  I hate that. I don't think they are doing it on purpose but it drives me freakin bananas!   So then I gots to twist the throttle more and scare the s**t out of them with my loud pipes that save lives.  Idiots.  And it would be a Prius for God's sakes!  And no, it wasn't my wife driving hers.

Surely this would've been avoided if you had your high beams on.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1925 on: August 09, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
LOL, you're right.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1926 on: August 09, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »
Surely this would've been avoided if you had your high beams on.

:rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1927 on: August 09, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »
You guys deserve this..

http://youtu.be/ld4tIG_PAdo

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1928 on: January 31, 2020, 03:51:46 PM »

Red seems to be the new yellow... with traffic lights.   Some people really need a lesson, or drivers re-education.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1929 on: February 01, 2020, 06:19:49 AM »
Having to live in a country where half the population live in the past and thinks we can go back to the days of the Empire.

Having to live on a planet where 99% of the population are, from my point of view, DUMBASSES!  :banghead: :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1930 on: February 01, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
Just to be sure I am following you, Brexit? And I assume you are opposed to the UK exiting the E.U.?

Just curious as I have no dog in that fight, though I think it will be interesting to watch as the trade situation unfolds.

Brian

Having to live in a country where half the population live in the past and thinks we can go back to the days of the Empire.

Having to live on a planet where 99% of the population are, from my point of view, DUMBASSES!  :banghead: :rotflmao:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1931 on: February 01, 2020, 11:49:21 AM »
Just to be sure I am following you, Brexit? And I assume you are opposed to the UK exiting the E.U.?
Yup, half the population of the UK seems to be tribal and want to "keep Britain pure" or some such braindead bullpoop.
Our press and politicians have convinced them that the EU is the cause of their problems.
Well, I guess now we will get to see what is what.
I'm betting heavily that nothing will change politicallly except for 10-20 years of economic turbulence.
The poli-slime will find someone else to blame and the gullible braindead will carry on believing their lies.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1932 on: February 01, 2020, 05:10:53 PM »
Seems to be a growing problem everywhere. If someone has a different opinion or outlook on something or does not agree with another person then the hate and vitriolic rhetoric bubble to the surface causing dangerous division and permanently damaging societal relationships.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1933 on: February 02, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »
Not sure I am following- are you saying you are opposed to Brexit?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We have something similar going on here (US) although because we are independent, we cannot 'eject' or ignore any external group or organization. Instead, we are focused on the larger sources of foreign person influx directly. But the underlying situation, and the two political sides are just about identical if one takes a step or two back and looks at both countries, IMO of course.

As a non- involved outsider, I do find Brexit interesting because Britain will have to find new ways to integrate with the E.U. either as a whole or as individual countries. I do not know if it will be good or bad, and perhaps a bit of both, but the changes themselves, such as negotiating how Brits. may enter / exit an E.U. country (passport needed, etc.) will be interesting.

As to the political landscape, the same situation has become the norm. here also- there is virtually no 'middle' anymore, everyone has slammed hard left or hard right in regard to political matters. We cannot even see 'manners' or reasonable behavior in the rear view mirror anymore. It is not sufficient to disagree, and discussion is out of the question, everyone simply must hate the 'opposing force' as they say in war games. I find that I have been driven from a more moderate place to a much more hard-line stance without really having any choice. Though it is apparently in the opposite direction from you :-) Still, we can be moderate here and as always, have different views even being on the same 'side' due to being in different countries. So as I believe you would say: Cheers mate!

Brian

Yup, half the population of the UK seems to be tribal and want to "keep Britain pure" or some such braindead bullpoop.
Our press and politicians have convinced them that the EU is the cause of their problems.
Well, I guess now we will get to see what is what.
I'm betting heavily that nothing will change politicallly except for 10-20 years of economic turbulence.
The poli-slime will find someone else to blame and the gullible braindead will carry on believing their lies.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1934 on: February 02, 2020, 03:39:37 PM »
Oh yeah Gary? Well you are wrong! Your position is wrong! Further, you are a hateful, intelligence impaired, and small individual, associating with others of the same type! You are the bane of all things American. And you are ugly too.... probably.

Is that the kind of thing you are talking about?  ;D ;)

But seriously, I agree- a few years ago a U.S. Representative from MA retired and said the reason he was leaving gov't service was because it was broken. When asked who was responsible for that, he said the American voters, further stating that we have elected more and more polarized politicians from each side, not allowing either party to have control of all facets of gov't, therefore dooming us to never ending political gridlock. I agree with what he said although I do not think it is all that bad of a thing for the gov't, especially in this time of radicalization and polar extremes, to be prevented from reaching their goals. So the bad news is that we basically cannot do much politically, the good news is that most things proposed in the first place are so extreme as to be hazardous anyway.

Brian

Seems to be a growing problem everywhere. If someone has a different opinion or outlook on something or does not agree with another person then the hate and vitriolic rhetoric bubble to the surface causing dangerous division and permanently damaging societal relationships.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1935 on: February 03, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »
Oh yeah Gary? Well you are wrong! Your position is wrong! Further, you are a hateful, intelligence impaired, and small individual, associating with others of the same type! You are the bane of all things American. And you are ugly too.... probably.

Is that the kind of thing you are talking about?  ;D ;)

But seriously, I agree- a few years ago a U.S. Representative from MA retired and said the reason he was leaving gov't service was because it was broken. When asked who was responsible for that, he said the American voters, further stating that we have elected more and more polarized politicians from each side, not allowing either party to have control of all facets of gov't, therefore dooming us to never ending political gridlock. I agree with what he said although I do not think it is all that bad of a thing for the gov't, especially in this time of radicalization and polar extremes, to be prevented from reaching their goals. So the bad news is that we basically cannot do much politically, the good news is that most things proposed in the first place are so extreme as to be hazardous anyway.

Brian

:rotflmao:   That pretty much nails it, Brian.

As far as your retired pol, that attitude is exactly why people are fed up with them. Good riddance.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1936 on: February 04, 2020, 03:45:23 AM »
In the UK electoral system, you vote for a local representative (Member of Parliament or MP) for the area (Constituency) you live in. The winner is whoever gets the most votes. Sometimes the winner can get under 30% of the votes, but will win if they score 1 more vote than the 2nd placed person.
That MP then "represents" their Constituency for up to 5 years.

So, if I vote for someone who doesn't win the local election, my vote is from then onward useless and has no further effect on the political system for 5 years. This makes it pretty much a waste of time to even bother voting in many constituencies as candidates for certain parties are certain to win.
Certainly where I live the local MP has been from the Conservative Party since 1970 so it's pretty much pointless going to vote, although I still do, every time.

In most of the European elections, they use a Proportional Representation method.
In PropRep you vote for a Party, not an individual, and if that party gets 22% of the votes for that election, they get 22% of the seats.
In that respect your vote continues to represent you for the term of that election.

There are historical reasons for the local representative method of elections, (distances and communication delays) but those reasons no longer hold true, so our elections need to change.

Your system suffers from similar issues, but at least you have 3 elections (Congress, Senate, President) per term.
We get one and then our MP is supposed to represent us from then on, only he/she doesn't represent me, and she/he never has.
No, I have never in my life voted for a candidate who has gone on to win.

Representative Democracy?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao::banghead: :banghead: :nuts: :loco:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1937 on: February 04, 2020, 05:06:19 AM »
So it's more like joining a gang instead of voting for an individual?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1938 on: February 04, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
The biggest problem here (USA) is that there are really only two parties and can really only be two because of a spoiler system.  So if neither party represents what you want, you are screwed.  Vote for any third-party or independent and your vote will actually wind up supporting the candidate you hate the most, pretty much guaranteed.  There is an easy solution to that- instant runoff voting.  But the two entrenched parties would never support it, because it would make them lose control.

http://fairvote.org

What makes me crazy and annoyed..
The current voting system.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1939 on: February 05, 2020, 03:07:56 AM »
Very much like joining a gang, and many of the people whose candidate wins can be quite gang-minded.

Ranked Choice Voting sounds like an improvement over what we have, and even over PropRep.

I just want my values and ideals to be represented in some way at parliamentary level.
Currently they are not in the UK where we swing wildly from right-of-centre to left-of-centre every 5 to 10 years.
Under PropRep most of Europe ends up with coalition governments, which prevents these wild swings as their coalition partners keep the rabid extremists (right or left) in check. Here in the UK coalition governments are reviled and ridiculed.

I don't know what the answer is, but I do know that I (and a great many others) feel wholly unrepresented in our so called democracy.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK