Author Topic: has G mail been compromised????  (Read 3387 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
has G mail been compromised????
« on: February 23, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »
Ok, wierdness now...
Both my wife and I have gotten G Mail notifications our logins were incorrect, and niether of us had re logged in, to provoke this messege...

Something is amiss.... and before I go changing stuff, I have to ask around.... pretty fishy...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: has G mail been compromised????
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
Unknown but my Gmail account is working correctly, and I just shut down the browser and re- opened it to log back in.

???

Brian

Ok, wierdness now...
Both my wife and I have gotten G Mail notifications our logins were incorrect, and niether of us had re logged in, to provoke this messege...

Something is amiss.... and before I go changing stuff, I have to ask around.... pretty fishy...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »
I rarely use Gmail, since I think of it as "spyMail", but I do have an account and have no such notices or problems with it...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Bob Young

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »
MOB:

Not on my G mail account today or in recent past.
Bob Young

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:03:30 PM »

Believe it's called Phishing. "You horked up your login, click this link to...."

If you can view the full header of the email, you may find the email is NOT from Google.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:25:57 AM »
When you say "G Mail notifications" what do you mean. If it's an email, what Rick said. If not log into gmail.com directly from a computer and there should be the ability to reset your passwords. Never ever click on a link from an email that says to reset your password.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
Great- thanks a lot! That is really going to help me out a LOT when I post links to my Nigerian bank acct. where the good folks of the world can support my Nigerian Princess friends.

:rotflmao:

Brian

When you say "G Mail notifications" what do you mean. If it's an email, what Rick said. If not log into gmail.com directly from a computer and there should be the ability to reset your passwords. Never ever click on a link from an email that says to reset your password.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:56 AM »
Don't laugh, I got this last week from a domain in Latvia:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 12:24:02 PM »
Looks legit to me..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »
Weird...
I did go to my gmail page, and it showed I was not logged in, I logged in using the last p/w I could rembmer, and got in... viola...
All seemed ok...

Did the same to my phone, where the messege first apeared, and its ok also, both devices were android based devices,

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 09:43:14 PM »
I think that gmail is mucking about with their security.  I got a message on my phone about it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
If you think about it, gmail has been compromised since it's inception. It's basically spyware with benefits.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »
If you think about it, gmail has been compromised since it's inception. It's basically spyware with benefits.

:)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »

Yeah, kinda like my other email provider... Yahoo...
I feel real.safe... yeah..... not.
At least I got a messege saying log in.... instead of " last year we were compromised  and 4.5 billion accounts were hacked...last year.... so you need to update to our NEW security programs.."...p

http://youtu.be/kE_zqVPr4HI
Thanks.