Author Topic: Rebuild of my C14  (Read 38391 times)

Offline Afm252

Re: Rebuild of my C14
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 06:45:27 AM »
Agreed. Look forward to seeing the bike when finished. Glad that you are doing good as well. Ride on.
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"
07 CBR 600rr Blue/ Silver
98 CBR 600 F3 "Desert Storm"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 08:45:42 AM »
Dropped it off at the dealer and they said that they would do my valve lash check and change the plugs for $100 since the valve cover was gonna be off for the gasket change.  I asked that they make a shim map and the service manager said that they don't have many people ask for those but he said that would be fine.  Pretty good deal IMO.

That's the nice price!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
 :popcorn:
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Coomers

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »
ZX14 throttle bodies eh… Has anyone got a map for the ZX14TB with a Full Area P, or done a Dino test with the ZX14 TB?

I have had a set sitting on my bench since March but no map.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »
I bought an auto tune, that will help if I do decide to install zx-14 throttle bodies.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:46 PM »
Made some progress this weekend.  Got the saddlebag lids, lower fairings, and front trim piece sprayed with bedliner and clear coated.  It actually looks like a professional did it.  I was skeptical at first and was kind of hoping that it would turn out like crap so I could tell my wife that I needed to take the plastics in for a complete paint job.  I will post some pics tomorrow when the sun is out.  I am thinking about doing my whole bike in the same coating.  I used Rustoleum bedliner spray and Duplicolor clear coat.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 07:34:43 PM »
Made some progress this weekend.  Got the saddlebag lids, lower fairings, and front trim piece sprayed with bedliner and clear coated.  It actually looks like a professional did it.  I was skeptical at first and was kind of hoping that it would turn out like crap so I could tell my wife that I needed to take the plastics in for a complete paint job.  I will post some pics tomorrow when the sun is out.  I am thinking about doing my whole bike in the same coating.  I used Rustoleum bedliner spray and Duplicolor clear coat.

I thought that bedliner type stuff was somewhat rubbery/flexible?  You can put a hard clear coat on that??
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »
urethane bed liner---urethane clearcoat? should work.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
I thought that bedliner type stuff was somewhat rubbery/flexible?  You can put a hard clear coat on that??

The bedliner can stated that a color could laid over it, so I think clear should work out.   

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »
I specifically subscribed to this thread to SEE your progress.
For all I know you're making this stuff up.
Pics, or it didn't happen. ;D
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:57 PM »
Wanted to take pics outside to give a better representation.  You might not like it but then again, it isn't your bike.   ;D

Excavator

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
I actually like the look and you won't have to worry about paint chips from rocks and other debris.

Good work.  :thumbs:

Offline PH14

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 10:17:34 PM »
Wanted to take pics outside to give a better representation.  You might not like it but then again, it isn't your bike.   ;D

I think it will look good once it is put together. I have been thinking of doing the same to my bike although at the moment I have no compelling reason to do so. I saw it on a Street Glide last year an it looked great. The had done a great job.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 10:30:02 PM »
Just a thought - maybe use a matte finish clear coat to get the shine off. I rebuilt mine two years ago - know what you are going through!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »
I'll be the minority and say that I'm not super crazy about it with your 08 silver bodywork Jeremy, sorry bro...

I think you could get away with it if you had the faster black or the maybe the pimp green, but my gut says with the silver it just might not look good...

I know, I'm crazy and I do change my mind every 5 minutes, so I look forward to the assembled pics...  :popcorn:

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:58 AM »

Too bad you couldnt get ahold of some CARC Jeremy! 

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »
I think it looks great JD!!!! Love it when people do their own modding like that. It will make you appreciated your bike even more! cant wait to see assembled pics.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2011, 09:12:21 AM »
I'll be the minority and say that I'm not super crazy about it with your 08 silver bodywork Jeremy, sorry bro...

I think you could get away with it if you had the faster black or the maybe the pimp green, but my gut says with the silver it just might not look good...

I know, I'm crazy and I do change my mind every 5 minutes, so I look forward to the assembled pics...  :popcorn:

I thought about the "patchwork" paint too, that is why I am thinking about doing the whole bike in bedliner.

@GSUN:  I kinda like the gloss, it almost looks like a satin clear on the rough texture.

To everyone else: Thanks for the encouragement, I can't wait to get my bike back from the dealer so I can get to work.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »
I like it!
Think how nice the touch up will be later.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »

I agree it might not look good COMBINED with the rest of the stock paintwork, but I *do* like the way it looks, alone.  From what I can tell from the pics, it is impressive.  Good work.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc