Author Topic: finally did it, car tire on a C14  (Read 43853 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: finally did it
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
That would not matter- he was not a moderator and so could not have deleted posts or threads. The moderators that are on this site have never shown any interest in censorship of any topic that I am aware of. We can all love or hate a subject, or even have no opinion at all but we do seem free to discuss any motorcycle topic here.

Brian

You may notice that I edited your post.  I hit the wrong key...oh well...

I'm looking to turn over a new leaf in the coming days.... :P

Actually, I think he was a mod besides being the tech editor for the C14...that's where things went a little catywompus.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »
Yep, that is the logic I use to determine safety and usefulness on a street motorcycle and so do not have headlights, taillights, brake lights, reflectors, passenger seats / pegs, turnsignals, a horn, mirrors, or tread on my tires.

;)

Brian

I hate logic.  It always comes back to bite you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Yep, that is the logic I use to determine safety and usefulness on a street motorcycle and so do not have headlights, taillights, brake lights, reflectors, passenger seats / pegs, turnsignals, a horn, mirrors, or tread on my tires.

;)

Brian
I've got tread on my tires.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
Roland, I've got to agree with Fred on this but good luck and keep us informed. I noticed you've got a low post count so welcome to the Forum.

He's been around... just hasn't posted much since Da Crash.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 11:23:03 AM »

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 11:34:02 AM »
That would not matter- he was not a moderator and so could not have deleted posts or threads. The moderators that are on this site have never shown any interest in censorship of any topic that I am aware of. We can all love or hate a subject, or even have no opinion at all but we do seem free to discuss any motorcycle topic here.

Brian

+1000!  Well said Brian.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline R Nelson

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »
:o

Good thing Fred isn't on this forum anymore...  ;)

I've noticed that Fred is no longer around.  Did I not get the memo?  What happened?
My Current Rides:
2008 Kawasaki Concours
1999 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
2006 Ford F150 SCAB, 5.4L

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
There's a box here for you, Pandora.  ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 12:17:58 PM »
I really shouldn't...    :rotflmao:   Good one, but I'll open it..

Fred is at the other site.  After the crash I think he decided that occupying two sites at the same time was a little too much.  I can certainly understand it as I can't keep up with this site, let alone others.

Offline R Nelson

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 12:27:07 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Now back to car tires.  ;D
My Current Rides:
2008 Kawasaki Concours
1999 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
2006 Ford F150 SCAB, 5.4L

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 01:02:28 PM »
I really shouldn't...    :rotflmao:   Good one, but I'll open it..

Fred is at the other site.  After the crash I think he decided that occupying two sites at the same time was a little too much.  I can certainly understand it as I can't keep up with this site, let alone others.

I'm pretty active on 3 forums, what a loser I am... Maybe someday I'll have to get real face to face friends...  ;)

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
Hell I'm still somewhat active on the S2000 forums even though mine got stolen and I have no intentions of buying another one LoL.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »

I'm pretty active on 3 forums, what a loser I am... Maybe someday I'll have to get real face to face friends...  ;)
I know 2 of the three, this one and that other one, but what is the third??

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
Not a loser at all, just means you can multi-task.  You are most blessed.  I, on the other hand, have 'What's that shiny thing over there?' syndrome.  I can't even focus on what I'm doing at the moment....like this.

I like to meet people through these interactions.  I've met Poke and will meet Conrad next year at some point assuming my neck is fixed.  Heck, you may be unlucky enough to meet me at some point....   :yikes:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »
I know 2 of the three, this one and that other one, but what is the third??

gixxer.com

Not a loser at all, just means you can multi-task.  You are most blessed.  I, on the other hand, have 'What's that shiny thing over there?' syndrome.  I can't even focus on what I'm doing at the moment....like this.

I like to meet people through these interactions.  I've met Poke and will meet Conrad next year at some point assuming my neck is fixed.  Heck, you may be unlucky enough to meet me at some point....   :yikes:

This is true Jim, you do still owe me some beers for the whole change your email trick...  ;)   :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »
This is true Jim, you do still owe me some beers for the whole change your email trick...  ;)   :chugbeer:

:-[

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »
[video]Car Tire on a Goldwing.. rightside up![/url]

If that video doesn't make my point, nothing will.  Car tires are NOT designed to be ridden on like that.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
Maxtog, I agree with you.  If this were a good option, someone would have tried to sell us a car tire for our motorcycles.  Either that, or all tires companies are involved in the conspiracy to not sell them for motorcycle use.

Offline Spanky

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 08:19:04 PM »
You buy an expensive bike and ruin it to save money on the back tire? Sounds like federal government finance to me.