Poll

What is the chance you will order a set of Canyon Cages for your Gen 1 C14?

Yes, %100
31 (37.8%)
Probably, %75
19 (23.2%)
Depends on SWMBO %50
12 (14.6%)
Not sure %25
18 (22%)
It's a safety device, why wouldnt I?  %100000000 chance, why can't I pay now?
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Gen one C14 Canyon Cage  (Read 55929 times)

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
Re: Gen one C14 Canyon Cage
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
I will get a set.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline Huero

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »
Thanks cold streak.
I am gonna start another thread about this so I don't hijack this one.

Point is, I am sure these bars would have saved any damage to my bike in this instance. I was able to set it down gently, but it has scratched the middle side fairing substantially.

Thanks,
Huero

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 06:14:10 AM »
Bump.

08...need now...please help me....spend....my money!

Gotta be more than 10 folks willing to pony up??

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 06:34:23 AM »
Did you see the poll results, Mike?
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 02:41:24 PM »
WANT....WANT....WANT...Willing to sell blood to make this happen!!

%1,000,000,000 YES

cages and hoops for the saddlebags 
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 07:18:02 PM »
19!!! Please let this be enough for the next build! This thread should be just as active as the gen 3s. Come on y'all, pony up!

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline David C-14

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
Count me in, I want the cage in black.
Jose David Gonzalez
David C-14 (2008)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »
Dang, there are more of you looking for these than we initially thought for sure! I just wanted to let you guys know that the success of the 2010-2012 Canyon Cages won't stop us from getting the earlier generation bike in our shop and working on a similar design for you guys. We're close to starting a second run of CCs for the newer generation bike but we plan on getting a 2009 bike in our shop within a week or two and it shouldn't take us longer than a week to get something made up. I suppose we can just continue on this thread and I'll post build photos here once we begin the design/prototype phase, no need to make a separate thread about it.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Huero

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »
Ryan, I can be your poster child. I am certain that wih yor bars, I would have done absolutely no damage to mine. As it stands, I am out $250 bones to replace plastic on mine.

Huero

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 05:11:36 AM »
Dang, there are more of you looking for these than we initially thought for sure! I just wanted to let you guys know that the success of the 2010-2012 Canyon Cages won't stop us from getting the earlier generation bike in our shop and working on a similar design for you guys. We're close to starting a second run of CCs for the newer generation bike but we plan on getting a 2009 bike in our shop within a week or two and it shouldn't take us longer than a week to get something made up. I suppose we can just continue on this thread and I'll post build photos here once we begin the design/prototype phase, no need to make a separate thread about it.

I think that once you get going on the Gen one cages that you'll see a lot of guys coming out of the woodwork wanting them.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »
Gottas have 'em... I just gotta have 'em. These and a set of small racks for the bags & Black Betty will feel all protected.  8) Bam-A-Lam
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Huero

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012, 09:18:04 PM »
Wonder if Ryan has got a gen I in yet?

Huero

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 04:39:56 AM »
Wonder if Ryan has got a gen I in yet?

Huero

Somewhere in all these posts Ryan said that they're not getting a Gen 1 bike in till 5/29, I think...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline speed545

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 05:19:34 AM »
I would get somes in black.......

Is shipping to Canada a problem???
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
I would get somes in black.......

Is shipping to Canada a problem???

Hey guys! As Conrad stated, we will be getting the 2008-2009 bike in our shop on 5/29 so preliminary design and such will happen at that time. Hopefully it won't take us longer than a week or so to get a design worked up as we're merely going to adapt our current Canyon Cage for the 2010-2012 Connie to fit the earlier generation bikes.

Also, shipping to Canada is no problem whatsoever although we don't cover the cost of shipping for international orders like we do for domestic orders.

Oh, I also wanted to ask you, Son of Pappy, if it's okay if we continue to use this thread during the build of the earlier generation Canyon Cages or if you'd prefer that I make a new thread? I think it'd be easier to merely update this thread since it's already established but I figured I'd ask, just in case!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »
Bump to the front.

Mike

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 10:16:21 PM »
Ours will be cheaper since we had to wait longest......right?

:)

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 08:33:23 AM »
Ours will be cheaper since we had to wait longest......right?

:)

Hahahahaha I wish I could tell you this was the case but we still have to cover production, labor, and material costs! Although, 25% off is a pretty darn good deal!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 08:53:49 AM »
Hahahahaha I wish I could tell you this was the case but we still have to cover production, labor, and material costs! Although, 25% off is a pretty darn good deal!
I'm really disappointed that you as a private business has to make a profit. All this should be done for the good of the many (that's us) rather than the good of the few (that's you). :rotflmao:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 12:42:15 AM »
Hey guys! As Conrad stated, we will be getting the 2008-2009 bike in our shop on 5/29 so preliminary design and such will happen at that time. Hopefully it won't take us longer than a week or so to get a design worked up as we're merely going to adapt our current Canyon Cage for the 2010-2012 Connie to fit the earlier generation bikes.

Also, shipping to Canada is no problem whatsoever although we don't cover the cost of shipping for international orders like we do for domestic orders.

Oh, I also wanted to ask you, Son of Pappy, if it's okay if we continue to use this thread during the build of the earlier generation Canyon Cages or if you'd prefer that I make a new thread? I think it'd be easier to merely update this thread since it's already established but I figured I'd ask, just in case!
By all means, continue the thread, makes it easy to keep track of whats what.  I'll change the thread title when the time gets here. 
  At the Fort Lewis Safety day today I couldnt help but think how cool it would be to drag a peg one handed at 3 miles an hour ;D  We had a coupla Lakewood Motors ther, their budget is shrinking so they are being stuck with their old Harleys, they had a chance to use the Idaho C14s, the ONLY complaint they had was the hard as sin Corbin, they want something a bit plusher, so if you have any input along them lines I'd suggest a differant choice of seats.  They loved the bike, called it a bullet.  I'm always hearing reports that the WSP is having issues with high speed wobbles, seems the radio/electronics is enough to really screw with the suspension.

So, 5/6 days and the fun begins, looking at the poll results they should sell pretty good.
Ryan, what would it take to get a set made up fo an 05 KLR?

And thanks for asking and everything else you've done.