Author Topic: Accessory Leads In Front Of Bike  (Read 5439 times)

Offline C14-Pilot

• Riding Pushmountain Road In Arkansas
Accessory Leads In Front Of Bike
« on: June 04, 2011, 07:50:22 PM »
Guys,

I found this somewhere on the old  forum before the crash.
Now I am ready to use the accessory leads and now I cannot read remember what I read before.
Looking at the accssory leads at the front of the bike there are 2 bullet connectors.
Which one is the hot wire and which one is the ground?

thanks,
Hwilks
2008 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
1980 Yamaha 650 Maxim,1977 Kawasaki KZ 400 Deluxe II,1973 Honda 250 Elsinore

Offline koval68

Re: Accessory Leads In Front Of Bike
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
(+) Black
( -) Black/Yellow
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
In addition to what Tom said, the (+) lead has a female bullet connector and the (-) lead has a male bullet connector. Both connectors are standard 5/32" (4mm for you metric types) bullet connectors.

Brian

(+) Black
( -) Black/Yellow
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Bob

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 05:01:59 AM »
All this is correct. But it never hurts to verify this with a meter anyway. I normally do, just to be on the safe side.

Offline koval68

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »
All this is correct. But it never hurts to verify this with a meter anyway. I normally do, just to be on the safe side.
After mowing your lawn, do you get down on your knees with a tape measure and a scissors to make sure your lawn height is 2.5 – 3.5 inches ...Just Curious... :rotflmao:   

Seriously...Now, Cap'n Bob is right, you should always check if not sure!
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 08:08:32 AM »
Anyone know the fuse rating for these leads?
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
10 amps on '08 and '09 models, 5 amps on 2010 and 2011 models.

Brian

Anyone know the fuse rating for these leads?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
Yeah, especially since Kawasaki wired the entire bike without checking voltages anywhere- the female connectors are hot (+) and the male connectors are ground or zero volts (-). If Kawasaki is going to start wiring their harnesses backwards, well we all might as well just ride Yamahas 'cause it can't get any worse.... (notice how I did not mention the <k-word> anywhere in there but it was implied?)

:o

Brian

After mowing your lawn, do you get down on your knees with a tape measure and a scissors to make sure your lawn height is 2.5 – 3.5 inches ...Just Curious... :rotflmao:   

Seriously...Now, Cap'n Bob is right, you should always check if not sure!

Flathead

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
In addition to what Tom said, the (+) lead has a female bullet connector and the (-) lead has a male bullet connector. Both connectors are standard 5/32" (4mm for you metric types) bullet connectors.

Brian
And .156" for you decimal types  ;)

Offline Y0ssarian

• Arena
  • 97% chance of being hit by a piano
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
Yeah, especially since Kawasaki wired the entire bike without checking voltages anywhere- the female connectors are hot (+) and the male connectors are ground or zero volts (-). If Kawasaki is going to start wiring their harnesses backwards, well we all might as well just ride Yamahas 'cause it can't get any worse.... (notice how I did not mention the <k-word> anywhere in there but it was implied?)

Brian

If the (+) lead was a male connector it might contact a ground and blow a fuse. It makes sense to make the (-) leads male.
The words of the prophets are written on the cylinder walls.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
If the (+) lead was a male connector it might contact a ground and blow a fuse. It makes sense to make the (-) leads male.

Yup....

Offline koval68

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 11:03:12 AM »
(notice how I did not mention the <k-word> anywhere in there but it was implied?)
Brian
Shh! You're gonna wake up the sleeping giant!
- Mahatma Gandhi