Author Topic: warrenty  (Read 3020 times)

Offline ZRXwannabe

warrenty
« on: August 27, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
Does the extended warrenty cover the exact same things the standard does, for instance warped front roters?
2008 Concours
2000 ZRX1100
1987 Mojave
1972 CB450 ss (project)

Offline mike

Re: warrenty
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »
i believe it does.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
You can read the extended warranty coverage on Kawasaki's web page. As I remember, it is only one page long and there are not many exclusions.

Some folks have had rotors replaced under the extended warranty I believe. If my rotors warp again I expect the extended warranty to cover them unless they are worn below the min. thickness spec..

Brian

Does the extended warrenty cover the exact same things the standard does, for instance warped front roters?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
Tip: maker sure purchase Kawi's warranty and not a 3rd party bootleg version
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZRXwannabe

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 06:35:21 PM »
Tip: maker sure purchase Kawi's warranty and not a 3rd party bootleg version

Yes it is the GTPP warranty. Thanks for the replies.
2008 Concours
2000 ZRX1100
1987 Mojave
1972 CB450 ss (project)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 05:19:21 AM »
You can read the extended warranty coverage on Kawasaki's web page. As I remember, it is only one page long and there are not many exclusions.

Some folks have had rotors replaced under the extended warranty I believe. If my rotors warp again I expect the extended warranty to cover them unless they are worn below the min. thickness spec..

Brian

I have my '08 and, being Germany, the bike came with a 2 year warranty from Kawasaki, extended to 4 also from Kawasaki. I know in other countries is 3 years total, or sometimes even less. Anyway, my front rotors will be changed in the next service at no cost. Last time I visited the dealer they told me that they were a bit warped and were going to be changed (at Kawasaki's cost) by the new rotors ('11 models).
Hope it helps.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline ZRXwannabe

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 06:09:41 PM »
Thanks guys.
2008 Concours
2000 ZRX1100
1987 Mojave
1972 CB450 ss (project)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
It might help to read this as well...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.