Author Topic: '08 Connie Burned my inside thighs after 45 minutes in 95° TX heat  (Read 15698 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: '08 Connie Burned my inside thighs after 45 minutes in 95° TX heat
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 08:12:56 AM »
Moan, moan, moan.... ;)

No no no!  I am just finding things that can be IMPROVED, which involves the fun and rewarding hobby of farkling.  Right?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
Have been hitting this record heat for weeks now with no end in sight. Since I am ATGATT I find that to be the limiting factor. Rode a couple of fridays ago when it was 105 and actually shed my textile jacket only to have giant welts all up and down my arms from bugs slamming my skin as I tested the 50-100 accel times repeatedly as I passed on US 36 between PendletonIN and Cols OH.

It was hot and for the first time I felt heat on the right side of the tank by my thigh through my Olympia pants. It was not uncomfortable but I felt what guys were alluding to in their comments. Immediate releif when I gassed up as I could feel the coolness against my leg as the fuel was going in. Long story short....as long as I can stand to have the gear on and go then I can handle what ever heat is given off by the bike...and since I ride down into 30 degree territory ...I like any heat I can get. if it is too hot for me to be outside on the bike....my Dodge Ram or the Honda Si have excellent A/C.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline GW2

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 10:33:05 AM »
I think it's obvious that the 08's and 09's put out some heat or Kawasaki wouldn't have modified the bike's fairing.  They seem to have done a good job with that.  I think the amount of heat can also vary by individual bikes. 

I have a 08 and it runs hot and it is noticable.  I think its tolerable, but is there.  My bike runs at least 2 bars all the time and in warmer weather it will run 3-4 bars on the temp gauge.  It gets hot in all the typical places, ankles (left seems worse on mine) and from around the tank.

I ride ATTGATT so it doesn't bother me that much.  The recent 95+ heat has made the heat from around the tank especially distracting.  Still love my bike though and wouldn't give it up for anything else (well maybe a silver 2011)!
2008 C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
Still love my bike though and wouldn't give it up for anything else (well maybe a silver 2011)!

:)

You can't have mine!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »
Still love my bike though and wouldn't give it up for anything else (well maybe a silver 2011)!

It's not a proper silver like the 08.  I'm keeping mine, heat and all.  Makes me feel alive.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2012, 08:27:07 PM »
It's not a proper silver like the 08.

It is a real silver, instead of a light blue like the 08 ;)

I'm keeping mine, heat and all.  Makes me feel alive.

Burn baby, burn!

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »
Finally got some storms movng through here this am. Interesting thought after riding in the heat for weeks on end this summer....this am I got caught in pretty nasty downpour...as I was heading up the road and my arms and shoulders were getting wet I felt a chill and looked at the thermometer and saw 61 degrees and shivered for a second then I realized how nice and warm my legs were fromthe lil bit o heat coming off the engine. I can live with that as I probably have more 35-80 degree days of riding than I do 81-105. Sure felt good in the absence of pulling off and putting onthe frog toggs.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt