Author Topic: brrrrrrrr  (Read 57461 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: brrrrrrrr
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2015, 02:12:11 PM »
I got the high ground of the yard mowed today.  8)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »
Yeah, I <should> have knocked the snow off of my roofs but did not- and now that they have <not> caved in, it was the correct choice I guess. :-)

Your photos of the car remind me of a couple of things: 1) there is a new law in RI that drivers MUST clean a car of all snow before being driven and 2) I think I might be the cause of that.

I normally do not more / remove any more snow that I have to because by July it is all gone anyway and so moving it is a fool's errand IMO. One day I carved a little hole on my side of the windshield and only a token hole in the rear window (not enough to see through, just going through the motions really). My wife is sitting next to me carrying on about how bad and dangerous this is and how I should be ashamed, etc.. WHEN SUDDENLY, we came upon an accident and a LEO doing the paperwork: as I passed them (safely might I add!), he yelled at me to pull over; when I did, he went on a little tear about cleaning my windows off and that it was bad, dangerous, etc., etc. Now I did not mind that- I always do the right thing when forced to do so, but that really wound my wife up and intensified the previous comments with "See- I told you....". The moral of the story is that not properly clearing the snow from a vehicle can hurt your ears.  ;D

First of April and it is 38 and sunny here. The driveway and streets are finally clear and dry though, now to wait for a decent rain to wash most of the salt and at least some of the sand off the roads....  I have been doing all my motorcycle riding in my Envoy.  :(

Brian

Same thing here Brian...it just isn't stopping...lol. We got another 8-12 inches last night.

I normally have my bike out on the road in April, and sometimes in late March. Not this year apparently.

Check out the second last pic.....I've shovelled my roof off twice already this year, and it's still full. We've been in this house for 10 years, and this is the first year I've had to shovel the roof off.

The novelty is wearing off...lol. Pics below from this morning...and it's a balmy 37 degrees out...right down to my t-shirt while shovelling;).

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
The moral of the story is that not properly clearing the snow from a vehicle can hurt your ears.  ;D

:goodpost:

LOL...that is the truth.

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2015, 01:54:26 PM »
You could have pointed out to Officer Friendly that while your windows may have been covered with snow, YOU were not the one involved in an accident. Could the driver of the wrecked car say the same?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2015, 04:45:30 AM »
77 here yesterday and I couldn't ride!     :'(

Too much work to do around the house.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2015, 05:12:16 AM »
77 here yesterday and I couldn't ride!     :'(

Too much work to do around the house.

I call BS. We know you're retired.  ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2015, 05:15:46 AM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2015, 05:24:36 AM »
One never retires from work around the house man! If only...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »
The wife and I are camping this Friday (yesterday) and weekend with a group up at a northern MN State Park. I rode the C10 to work Friday morning and the wife drove the Sub w/camper trailer up to the park where I met her after work. Nice ride, but windy and lots of remote country for potential deer sightings. Huddled around a group campfire last nite as the temps dropped and the weather service issued a frost warning. Woke up to a thermometer on the vehicle laying on about 32*, the smart phone shows 35* in the nearest community. I'm sure there would have been frost if not for the lake holding some temp. Only spotted one deer on the 48 miles into work. It has a winter coat and a bomber hat.
There WILL be hardwarmers on the Connie before Sept.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.