Author Topic: anyone able to get on the COG site  (Read 20560 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: anyone able to get on the COG site
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 04:23:47 AM »
not sure why you find it ok to insult those involved with this program here on this site, it surely wouldn't float on the COG site, which is why you noted carefully that you were "joking".
I don't think people here are aware that you are an AAD with COG, I think you could have been a bit more, how shall I put it, "reserved" in your posting.  JMHO. ::)

Really, Rich?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kv5e

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 05:55:25 AM »
Really, Rich?

Yeah REALLY?!!?!?!?!!!!

I posted the same stuff over there............time to take a stress pill and think things over.

I am not opening the pod bay doors either. ;D

I am not a n00b, been around COG awhile.........

You have a reputation as a HOT ROCK, so just relax and do as Hal as suggests. Please

Craig

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 06:03:23 AM »
Yeah REALLY?!!?!?!?!!!!

I posted the same stuff over there............time to take a stress pill and think things over.

I am not opening the pod bay doors either. ;D

I am not a n00b, been around COG awhile.........

You have a reputation as a HOT ROCK, so just relax and do as Hal as suggests. Please

Craig
I'll bite....what does Hal suggest?

OK got it...

HAL: Look Dave Rich, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.  :)

Offline kv5e

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 06:28:24 AM »
I'll bite....what does Hal suggest?

OK got it...

HAL: Look Dave Rich, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.  :)

I did not want to quote too much.......MGM lawyer bots might comb this portal! ;D

Rich, my satire with the OtT OtP was not lost on an admin on the other forum as he PMed me as a laugh.

We take ourselves way too seriously.....it is a hobby and optional activity.

Craig

SC AAD DFW of the SC COG Area and

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 07:17:04 AM »
COG site has been down for three days now. This sucks !!!
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 07:19:23 AM »
Are you using AT&T?

Offline kv5e

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »
Are you using AT&T?

Last three days, Verizon mobile, ATT DS-3, and Time Warner would not resolve DNS.

Yesterday afternoon and this morning, site rendered from Time Warner. Site does not resolve DNS from Verizon mobile or ATT DS-3 this morning.

There is definitely a peering problem to the cloud where Memberize.com and cog-online.org reside.

cog-online.org hosting sux @$$ if there is a three day peering problem to major backbone partners.

The new IT Director of COG is getting a baptism by fire.

Craig

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2015, 07:47:14 AM »
COG site has been down for three days now. This sucks !!!

Been working fine for me the last few days, just got off a few minutes ago.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline kv5e

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 07:57:39 AM »
Been working fine for me the last few days, just got off a few minutes ago.

That confirms the peering problem IMHO.

I tried pinging cog-online.org as well as memberize.com and they will not resolve from ATT or Verizon mobile.

Maybe a poisoned DNS cache or some other mischief?

I guess maybe COG could have a premium membership with a fast lane to the site........ :stirpot:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 08:00:02 AM »
not sure why you find it ok to insult those involved with this program here on this site, it surely wouldn't float on the COG site, which is why you noted carefully that you were "joking".
I don't think people here are aware that you are an AAD with COG, I think you could have been a bit more, how shall I put it, "reserved" in your posting.  JMHO. ::)

Rich, you are a funny guy!  ;D  Just when I think you are going to zig, you zag. No pigeon hole for you!

If an AAD can't be "less reserved" for COG, how will COG ever mend its ways (or even realize that something needs repair, such as their forum, and I'm not referring to the current tech issues).

I'm not having a problem reading the other forum or the member area, calendar, tech library etc. (Charter cable, OpenDNS, XP, Firefox)
Here I'll summarize for you guys, woodie (I've met him, nice guy) is having trouble with his Zumo/phone connection, and Boostmeister is having trouble finding someone to cut his new stove knob key. I think it's because he is calling it an "oven knob" key. (noobs  ::) )

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
I believe this is what is called 'observational comedy'.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Rich, you are a funny guy!  ;D  Just when I think you are going to zig, you zag. No pigeon hole for you!

If an AAD can't be "less reserved" for COG, how will COG ever mend its ways (or even realize that something needs repair, such as their forum, and I'm not referring to the current tech issues).

I'm not having a problem reading the other forum or the member area, calendar, tech library etc. (Charter cable, OpenDNS, XP, Firefox)
Here I'll summarize for you guys, woodie (I've met him, nice guy) is having trouble with his Zumo/phone connection, and Boostmeister is having trouble finding someone to cut his new stove knob key. I think it's because he is calling it an "oven knob" key. (noobs  ::) )
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline kv5e

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 11:54:29 AM »
I believe this is what is called 'observational comedy'.

:rotflmao:

Brian

There is definitely a problem with memberize and their DNS. I cannot ping either of their nameservers from my ATT ds-3 or Verizon mobile.

They have TTL set to 60 minutes in the Zone file for cog-online.org and I can't even ping their decimal address for the name servers as discovered by some DNS diagnostic tools.

I flushed DNS cache and tried again.......same result.

I can ping Level 3 DNS at 4.2.2.1 and Google DNS at 8.8.8.8 so something is keeping the DNS look ups from Memberize to propagate out to ATT and Verizon and/or their peering partners.

They are working the problem from an email that I received from Mike, the COG IT Director.

TTL set to 60 minutes means that Memberize made changes and they want the changes propagated out quickly.

"If you like your ISP, you can keep your ISP." - Tom Wheeler - FCC Commissioner  :rotflmao:

Craig

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 11:58:54 AM »
Yeah, I was referencing Marty referencing Rich, not really commenting on the COG / Internet situation.

Good to hear you have a new IT guy over there- best of luck with all of that. I personally have not had a single problem with any motorcycle forum since I addressed the problems I was having oh, maybe six months ago now....   ;) ;D

Brian

There is definitely a problem with memberize and their DNS. I cannot ping either of their nameservers from my ATT ds-3 or Verizon mobile.

They have TTL set to 60 minutes in the Zone file for cog-online.org and I can't even ping their decimal address for the name servers as discovered by some DNS diagnostic tools.

I flushed DNS cache and tried again.......same result.

I can ping Level 3 DNS at 4.2.2.1 and Google DNS at 8.8.8.8 so something is keeping the DNS look ups from Memberize to propagate out to ATT and Verizon and/or their peering partners.

They are working the problem from an email that I received from Mike, the COG IT Director.

TTL set to 60 minutes means that Memberize made changes and they want the changes propagated out quickly.

"If you like your ISP, you can keep your ISP." - Tom Wheeler - FCC Commissioner  :rotflmao:

Craig
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline kv5e

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 12:03:38 PM »
cog-online.org is now rendering from ATT and Verizon so the DNS has propagated out.

Sorry Brian, I just quick quoted you without thinking! Guess that might get me b00ted by the capricious whim of someone who.....what a minute.......this is Rick's forum.....I can relax.

How's Kirby doing?

Craig

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »
Oh, Kirby is the same.... he never changes really. He was pretty concerned over the winter as we had an unusually large amount of snow and of course, he was worried his nuts would get buried but all turned out fine. He still posts here occasionally although I do try to keep him in check as his thinking is a little outside of the box sometimes.

Good to 'see' you Craig.  ;D

Brian

cog-online.org is now rendering from ATT and Verizon so the DNS has propagated out.

Sorry Brian, I just quick quoted you without thinking! Guess that might get me b00ted by the capricious whim of someone who.....what a minute.......this is Rick's forum.....I can relax.

How's Kirby doing?

Craig

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2015, 02:52:15 PM »

How's Kirby doing?

Craig

20 pints for the Man From Uncle avatar!  :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2015, 04:49:58 AM »
20 pints for the Man From Uncle avatar!  :thumbs:

+1! I loved that show!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn