Author Topic: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!  (Read 116343 times)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
Re: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline lvldcook

« Reply #241 on: July 03, 2012, 05:47:53 PM »
Received mine yesterday - mounted today. Came with some of the best installation instructions I've ever seen. Really well done. Looks great. Seems to be very well-engineered (strong) solution. Might mention that existing hex head bolts behind radiator are red Locktited so can be difficult to remove. Installed cheap highway pegs from Drag Specialties - P/N 1904-1764 ($20) so upcoming trip to Alaska (6 - 600 mile days to Anchorage) will be so much easier. I used a piece of thin inner tube rubber between the clamp and the cage to minimize damage to finish and get more clamping force. Combining pegs with Russell Day-Long provides very comfortable alternate riding position. I like them higher than other positions shown on this forum.

I'm well pleased.  :D :D :D

Steve Cook
Loveland, CO
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:12:45 PM by lvldcook »
2010 Concours C14 ABS
1973 CT90
1975 CT90
1981 C70 Passport

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2012, 06:45:09 AM »
How awesome is Ryan?  :)  You rock, dude.

My priorities are good... surf the web at work so i can afford to ride when i'm not at work. ;)  LOL
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »
Received mine yesterday - mounted today. Came with some of the best installation instructions I've ever seen. Really well done. Looks great. Seems to be very well-engineered (strong) solution. Might mention that existing hex head bolts behind radiator are red Locktited so can be difficult to remove.
I'm well pleased.  :D :D :D

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you received them and dig them! I think mentioning that the existing hex heads are red loc-tited is a good idea, I'll be sure to add that to the instructions (along with some other changes other customers have recommended) so future customers are aware of it. Thanks for the tip!

How awesome is Ryan?  :)  You rock, dude.

Hahahaha, you're too kind! Thank you!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »
I just wanted to let you guys know that based on your feedback, I have updated the instructions with a short list of "recommended tools" as well as a note about the red Loctite on the motor mount bolts. In addition to these notes, we're also adding a washer to the kit for that special step nut on the left side of the bike as we got some feedback that when cinched down, this step nut was eating away at the finish. If any of you guys would like me to send this washer out to you at no charge, please call or email me and request it! If there is anything else you guys can think of for me to add that would make the Canyon Cage easier for future customers to install, please let me know! Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:33:10 AM by RyanMCEnterprises »

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
... If any of you guys would like me to send this washer out to you at no charge, please call or email me and request it! ...

PM Sent... A little paint before installation of the washer should do the trick to protect the damaged powdercoat... plus the caps that others have been toying with to clean it all up.

I appreciate your continuing willingness to keep us happy customers happy.

2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »
I appreciate your continuing willingness to keep us happy customers happy.

No problem, buddy! It should have been included to begin with and I sincerely apologize if any of you have scuffed the powder coating while installing that step nut.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »
I received an email at 5:06pm last night (that I'm just seeing now because I'm in the office) and for some reason I'm having issues replying to it. I sent two replies two different ways and both of them came back with some error. This email was a request for one of the washers but there was no name or anything so I don't know where to send it. I can certainly send you the washer but I'll need the name you placed the order with. It'd be easier if I could post your email address here but I'm leery to do so. I only received one email request for the washer last night so you should know who you are. Please send me a message through the forum so I can get your washer out to you!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:26 AM »
Use the PM process to contact, Ryan, please.  Posting of email addys isn't wise.  The search robots will harvest them and then the world ends.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
Use the PM process to contact, Ryan, please.  Posting of email addys isn't wise.  The search robots will harvest them and then the world ends.

Thanks, Jim! I agree, posting emails probably isn't a great idea. It'd be best if you guys could just PM me (unless we've been speaking via email and you have my address and all) if you need the washer. Just be sure to include the name you used to order the Canyon Cage so I know where to send the washer!

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2012, 01:56:44 AM »
Ever heard of a long shot, a really big long shot, well how about this then, if anybody is coming to the good old UK this year and wants to bring me a front set of Canyon bars for my GTR then I would be one happy camper, of course i will pay in advance but its the postage (shipping) which kills it.

Told you it was a long shot didnt I?

Alan
(In sunny Oxford)
2011 in Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:20 AM »
Hopefully someone may take you up on that, Alan

Off topic....it's been a very long time since I was in your neck of the woods.  Spent several years (as a brat) at RAF Upper Heyford in the early 60s.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2012, 03:08:53 AM »
Hopefully someone may take you up on that, Alan

Off topic....it's been a very long time since I was in your neck of the woods.  Spent several years (as a brat) at RAF Upper Heyford in the early 60s.

RAF Upper Heyford is now shut down, and has been for a few years, its now a storage depot and there is talk of building houses on it.

I remember driving through Ardley once and a F1-11 came over the top about 50 feet high, frightened the life out of me.

Alan
2011 in Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2012, 03:41:37 AM »
You should have been there when it was a SAC Reflex bomber base....B-47 and U-2.

But I digress....and become nostalgic for the old days.

Good luck on the bars.  Hopefully someone will be traveling your way.  How much is the shipping over there?

Oh, and welcome to the nut house.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2012, 08:03:40 AM »
Good luck on the bars.  Hopefully someone will be traveling your way.  How much is the shipping over there?

I've calculated shipping to be about $90. That's pricey but not completely outrageous. I've had some other customers order from places like Australia, Croatia, and Malaysia and shipping to them was $200+. $90 for shipping really isn't too bad considering the ridiculously fair price of the bars themselves. With shipping, you'd be paying about $360 for the front set alone which is still less than the cost of similar products from some of our competitors. Also, it's less than you'd be paying to replace parts of the fairing if you were to dump the bike.

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »
I've calculated shipping to be about $90. That's pricey but not completely outrageous. I've had some other customers order from places like Australia, Croatia, and Malaysia and shipping to them was $200+. $90 for shipping really isn't too bad considering the ridiculously fair price of the bars themselves. With shipping, you'd be paying about $360 for the front set alone which is still less than the cost of similar products from some of our competitors. Also, it's less than you'd be paying to replace parts of the fairing if you were to dump the bike.

On the one hand I agree parts are expensive, but then again that's what insurance is for, I have to pay £225 (350US) a year, my mate who claimed for a set of fairings after he fell off pays only £100 more than he did before, so from that way it's not a cheap option, but if your like me you prefer to keep your bike up to scratch then there excellent protective items to have.

Alan
2011 in Black

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »
About to order the Revco footpegs. Will I need the 7/8ths clamps or the 1.25's?

Thanks!
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline daringdave

« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:51 AM »
I believe for gen 2 bars they are 1 inch and for gen 1 they are 7/8 inch
2010 Neptune Blue

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »
About to order the Revco footpegs. Will I need the 7/8ths clamps or the 1.25's?

Thanks!

For the 2010-2012 or the 2008-2009? The 2008-2009 Canyon Cages are 7/8" and the 2010-2012 Canyon Cage is 1". Neither of them are 1.25".

Inb4 someone asks "Why the difference?": We made the 2008-2009 Canyon Cage 7/8" so it would match the Saddle Bag Guards we've been making for that bike for years now. We changed the Saddle Bag Guards to 1" in 2010 so we decided to make the Canyon Cage for that bike that size as well so it would also match. There is almost no variance in strength though because both bars have the same wall thickness which has more of an effect on tubing strength than overall diameter does.

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »
For the 2010-2012 or the 2008-2009? The 2008-2009 Canyon Cages are 7/8" and the 2010-2012 Canyon Cage is 1". Neither of them are 1.25".

Inb4 someone asks "Why the difference?": We made the 2008-2009 Canyon Cage 7/8" so it would match the Saddle Bag Guards we've been making for that bike for years now. We changed the Saddle Bag Guards to 1" in 2010 so we decided to make the Canyon Cage for that bike that size as well so it would also match. There is almost no variance in strength though because both bars have the same wall thickness which has more of an effect on tubing strength than overall diameter does.

Thanks!
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)