Author Topic: Hey all, haven't seen you in awhile  (Read 957 times)

Offline dboogie2288

• Beginnerbikers.org
Hey all, haven't seen you in awhile
« on: August 30, 2021, 10:48:27 AM »
I had been hanging out...eh...elsewhere and I thought this forum had gotten absorbed into the 'new' cog site. Glad to see I was wrong, and I'll be coming around far more often again. Right now the connie is benched for a front master cylinder rebuild....but parts should be here this week so fingers crossed that she gets back into the game.

Oh, and I bought a pacific coast this weekend... :D

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: Hey all, haven't seen you in awhile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 11:02:44 AM »
That is a nice looking bike. How many miles on her? And let me know if you want to sell her in the future!

Offline dboogie2288

• Beginnerbikers.org
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 11:44:22 AM »
That is a nice looking bike. How many miles on her? And let me know if you want to sell her in the future!

She's about 53k old, and the guy I bought it from was just trying to flip it for profit. I ended up talking with the (mostly) original owner this morning to get a rundown on what he had done to the bike. It's just been so taken care of. New orings, new batt, new water pump, new tires, new brakes, everything since early 2020. I went to check the oil level on her on saturday and the oil was like perfect....so I knew I wanted more information before I started throwing parts on something that didn't really need it. Well, I was right, doesn't need anything at this point except someone to ride her. And I intend to do so. Put about 200 miles on her over friday-sunday and its just a bike that makes you smile. I always say, I'd prefer to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.....and this is a perfect example to that rule of mine.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 12:00:48 PM »
I always keep an eye out for these bikes. They are funky looking and the PC hasn't decided if it is a scooter or a motorcycle yet.

They rarely come in such great condition and nice color too! I have seen a few here and there but in bad shape and way high miles. You snagged a good one.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 03:32:07 PM »
Oh, and I bought a pacific coast this weekend... :D

Not sure what that is, but it is freaking clean/perfect!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 09:22:08 AM »
Too much plastic for me.   One of the reasons I went with a V-Twin Indian.  Not much into plastic these days.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.