Author Topic: STS turn signal cancellation unit  (Read 4828 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: STS turn signal cancellation unit
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 09:14:20 PM »
I do too.  I find I will often cancel more than once just to make sure I did.  I would HATE for the cancel button to be used for any other purpose.... that would be a design/UI failure.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: STS turn signal cancellation unit
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
Almost totally off topic but... my 2017 Ducati Multistrada 950 does not have self cancelling turn signals but is has just about every other electronic ride control and data gizmo. One of the controls for the 473 item multi function menu is the turn signal cancel button. If you press it with a turn signal active it just cancels the signal. If you press it with no turn signal active it activates the RIDE MODE MENU. On the 155 mile ride home from the Ducati dealer (in downtown N'Awlins) I discovered that I have developed a habit of cancelling turn signals after ever intersection, whether I turned or not. It is a habit that makes  self cancelling turn signals unnecessary but I am now having to break the habit.

+1 and +1. After hearing about this STS system, seems like any motorcycle such as our Multistrada's that has an IMU should have this system for self canceling. I also developed the habit a long time ago. Every time I release the clutch from a standstill, I cancel out of habit as well as every intersection weather I stop or turn or not.