Author Topic: ZG goes to BMW motorcycle today...  (Read 3529 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
ZG goes to BMW motorcycle today...
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:59:46 PM »
So I've been looking to get some Gerbings gear for this winter, I did the size measurements on their website, called and talked to them about sizing and they said if I want to try them on first for size validation I should go to a Gerbings dealer, turns out the only Gerbings dealer in my area is BMW motorcycles, so off I go...

My first time ever there, I must say it is a very different feel than my local shop for sure, I even had a free espresso.  :)

Long story short, I tried on the Gerbings gear etc, then I began to walk around and look at the bikes...  :o

The sales guy came up to me and said I noticed you rode that Concours 14 parked out front, I've never seen Ohlins on those, did they help?  ;) ;D

We talk for a bit and I asked him if he could could take my pic with my phone sitting on one of the bikes, he said "sure no problem, are you looking to upgrade from your Concours"...  :o

I said "no, we just always make fun of them on the Connie forums and I thought it would be funny to post the pic on there"...  ;D

No comment... he walked away, I guess he didn't get my humor eh??

Oh well, at least I got a free espresso.  :) :chugbeer:

Offline Lone-Rider

Re: ZG goes to BMW motorcycle today...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »
Ouch!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
So did you get the picture? I bet you would have gotten further if you either 1) asked to take something for a test ride or 2) had Mr. Elkhoof with you.

:)

Brian

So I've been looking to get some Gerbings gear for this winter, I did the size measurements on their website, called and talked to them about sizing and they said if I want to try them on first for size validation I should go to a Gerbings dealer, turns out the only Gerbings dealer in my area is BMW motorcycles, so off I go...

My first time ever there, I must say it is a very different feel than my local shop for sure, I even had a free espresso.  :)

Long story short, I tried on the Gerbings gear etc, then I began to walk around and look at the bikes...  :o

The sales guy came up to me and said I noticed you rode that Concours 14 parked out front, I've never seen Ohlins on those, did they help?  ;) ;D

We talk for a bit and I asked him if he could could take my pic with my phone sitting on one of the bikes, he said "sure no problem, are you looking to upgrade from your Concours"...  :o

I said "no, we just always make fun of them on the Connie forums and I thought it would be funny to post the pic on there"...  ;D

No comment... he walked away, I guess he didn't get my humor eh??

Oh well, at least I got a free espresso.  :) :chugbeer:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
Nope, no pic Brian.  :(

I guess I thought he would think it was funny too, but nope.  :-[

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:01:55 PM »
Only upgrade to a BMW, is a credit card with a higher limit. ::)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ugocon

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 12:43:20 AM »
 :goodpost: :chugbeer:
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 04:35:21 AM »
Good chit mang! ;D
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 04:55:38 AM »
What? No biscotti to go with your espresso? Cheap skates!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »
I had the exact same thing happen to me at a HD dealer a fews years back, but he didn't know the make of my bike, same words from the salesman too concerning upgrading. I didn't get an esspresso though.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
I had the exact same thing happen to me at a HD dealer a fews years back, but he didn't know the make of my bike, same words from the salesman too concerning upgrading. I didn't get an esspresso though.
You should have been offered a beer and a floozie.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
Back when I had my old C-10, I walked into my local BMW dealer for a Gerbing jacket liner. I came away with a jacket liner and a K1200GT. Biggest and most expensive piece of crap I've EVER owned. I sold it last April to get the C-14 I have now. The C-14 so SO superior! The other day, I walked into the BMW dealer to look at gloves. As I pull up on the C-14, there's my old bike sitting in line for service! I've never been so glad to see a bike go away!

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
I told the guy, "add 300lbs, lose 25HP, dress like a gay pirate and only ride it 100 miles a year from bar to bar"? Naw, I'll pass. He really didn't like that. He did have a button down shirt on though.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
I told the guy, "add 300lbs, lose 25HP, dress like a gay pirate and only ride it 100 miles a year from bar to bar"? Naw, I'll pass. He really didn't like that. He did have a button down shirt on though.
:rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »

No free t shirt or dew rag for you sir!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
No free t shirt or dew rag for you sir!

:rotflmao:

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »
Conversely, while gassing up in semi-rural KY over the weekend, a group of tweedy looking folks all driving BMW cars on their way to a track day at Mid-Ohio race course came over to me and were looking closely at my bike with furrowed brows and trying to figure it out-I got the "KMW" stickers on the fairing but still have the "Kawasaki" emblems on the tank. After about ten seconds, they all started to laugh out loud, they got it! We were all friends when I pulled out of the gas station, me with a smile on my face and them with pics and a funny story wishing me a safe trip home. 

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »
I rode out to North Houston BMW on my ST1300 to checkout a Schuberth helmet ~ 6-7 years ago.  I walked in, bombarded with bottled water, OK. :o  While I was looking at the helmets, I look out at my bike... surrounded by 3 sales guys. :o  I had McCruise, MCL Hiway Wings... lights galore... they were trying to figure out everything on it. 

After sticker shock on the helmet... I walked out and answered a dozen questions about the ST, then left.  I didn't take a test ride on a Beemer... I didn't feel dirty.  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
In all fairness to beamer, I rode a BMW S1000RR demo on a solo "torture it" ride and it was the most exciting motorcycle i have ever ridden. 

And I've ridden all the late model jap litre screamers plus owned a ZX14  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »
Snicker...