Author Topic: Spotted  (Read 326124 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Spotted
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2012, 04:25:46 AM »
Man, them Silverdammit bikes look FASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST (The ST of Sport Touring  ;D

But, of course, they are!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DeansZG

Re: Spotted in Townsend, TN
« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »
Sat. April 7th around 3 pm. parked at the gas station corner of where US321 turns onto Wears Valley road. Looked like an '08 ??  We were in the rent-a-gocart heading back from Cades Cove towards Pigeon Forge.
Warmed up nicely after noon, earlier in the day however, we were walking on some icy patches at the Clingman's Dome parking lot.
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2012, 06:47:03 AM »
Saw a blue model (10?) leading a pack of bikers in King George on the cut through between 301 and 3.  You probably only saw a silver blur going the opposite way.... :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »
Saw a 2010 on highway 343 between Swatara State Park and Irving, PA. Didn't even wave.......the nerve of some people lol! 
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline pbenson

« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »
Going out for lunch today, about 11:30 AM in downtown Beaverton, Or - saw a silver 2011 on Hall Blvd crossing Canyon.  Rider was wearing an Aerostich with, I believe, a silver Scorpion helmet.  He had a pair of those "cop" mits on the handlebars - the kind that cover the bars and you put your hands into, like the old fashion "muffs" (for those old enough to remember those.)  Wonder where a guy could get a pair of those "cop mitts?"  I haven't see many new Concours in the Beaverton area - wonder who that was???

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
Going out for lunch today, about 11:30 AM in downtown Beaverton, Or - saw a silver 2011 on Hall Blvd crossing Canyon.  Rider was wearing an Aerostich with, I believe, a silver Scorpion helmet.  He had a pair of those "cop" mits on the handlebars - the kind that cover the bars and you put your hands into, like the old fashion "muffs" (for those old enough to remember those.)  Wonder where a guy could get a pair of those "cop mitts?"  I haven't see many new Concours in the Beaverton area - wonder who that was???

Welcome to the forum Phil, glad to see you finally found us!  :chugbeer:

For everyone else, Phil was one of the guys that road up to the Seattle area with us last weekend, he's a good dude so play nice with him...  :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:17 AM »

Google hippo hands.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
Had a pair, nice warm hands.  Why did I get rid of them?  At speed they would collapse enough to press against the brake and clutch levers.  Enough that during a quick hard blast the clutch started slipping.  Asked a buddy to watch my brake lights, sure enough at around 70 the light would come on.  That was the last time I used them, they are being used on a Harley knowadays.  Baker hand wings and a set of trackside heated grips do the trick, 40 and up Summer gloves, below that, silk liners and heated gloves.  I do care a spare of heated gloves just in case the grips go out, only had that happen once and that was when I was crossing Snoqualmie and Blewett passes.

voileauciel

« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »
Saw 2 at the Cross Country BMW open house in Metuchen, NJ on Saturday. Black 2011 ridden by a nice guy named Vinny, I think, and an original '86 with 12k on the clock. Judging by the looks of it, I'd say those miles were original.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #289 on: April 25, 2012, 05:36:14 AM »
08 heading south on i-95 just before Petersburg....

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #290 on: April 25, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »
08 heading south on i-95 just before Petersburg....

Hey Jim! You can't spot yourself!  ;D :P
Someone else has to!
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #291 on: April 25, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
Twern't me.. I was in a cage.

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
Spotted at mid Cherohala Skyway a black C14 looked mostly stock on Tuesday about mid morning. It was traveling with a Green Versys maybe?
Jeff

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »
Going north on Florida Ave in Hemet, Calif at around  1:30 p.m. Wednesday May 2,  a black or maybe dark blue (?) Concours. I was on a red 09 going south.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2012, 06:22:10 AM »
This morning in the Central Park, Fredericksburg, Walmart....08 C14...Please don't be a person of Walmart.  You know, those 08 bikes, besides being the fastest, sure are pretty even in the rain.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2012, 06:25:53 AM »
Spotted a vastly slower red C14 on 5/5/12 at the corner of Rich Rd and Glidden just north of DeKalb around 11:30. You were with a BMW (I think) and I was in the cage.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #296 on: May 07, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »
Saturday May 4th around 2 pm Russelville, Arkansas.  I just left Russelville Honda after buying a new tire and I passed another 2008 that was piloted by a woman.  Hope you had a good ride, I know I sure did.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #297 on: May 07, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
Friday Quattro de Mayo, 2008 with trunk heading East on Park in Alameda, CA around lunch time. I was in the backseat of a cage heading to La Penca Azul. :)
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2012, 03:43:39 AM »
Yesterday, 08 in the breeze in southside VA.........me!

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2012, 06:28:00 AM »
This morning 5/9 in Fredericksburg VA- An '08 C-14 in the pouring rain on Rt.1 near Harrison Rd. Rider was wearing an orange reflective vest. Since the pouring rain, this was one of the few mornings I was in the truck rather than on my '08 C-14.

And- Last Sunday 5/6 near Luray VA- Black C-14 just west of Luray near the bottom of the mountain on Rt.211. I was on the '08. We waved.