Author Topic: Spotted  (Read 325870 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Spotted
« Reply #680 on: December 02, 2014, 06:59:36 AM »
This last Sunday, November 30, on 165 going east just out of Blanco TX. Traveling with a pair of sport bikes. I was with another guy on a black Valkyrie.

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #681 on: December 10, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
This last Sunday, November 30, on 165 going east just out of Blanco TX. Traveling with a pair of sport bikes. I was with another guy on a black Valkyrie.

That was me.
'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #682 on: December 10, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »
That was me.
Was Rhino really riding bitch?  :o

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #683 on: December 10, 2014, 07:04:30 PM »
Was Rhino really riding bitch?  :o
Now that's funny!
'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #684 on: December 11, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
Hey Texrex, was wishing I could speed up with you guys. My buddy on the Valk (his own bike, by himself, very funny gp! ;D) is a newbe and was appropriately riding at his own comfortable speed.

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #685 on: December 11, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »
Hey Texrex, was wishing I could speed up with you guys. My buddy on the Valk (his own bike, by himself, very funny gp! ;D) is a newbe and was appropriately riding at his own comfortable speed.

PM me next time you're in town.    I noticed the Colorado plates.  Where were you headed to?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:10:59 PM by TEXREX02 »
'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #686 on: December 12, 2014, 08:01:47 AM »
PM me next time you're in town.    I noticed the Colorado plates.  Where were you headed to?

Home in CO but now working in Austin. So I'm in town most of the time.

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #687 on: December 12, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
Home in CO but now working in Austin. So I'm in town most of the time.

Well as you can tell the riding season here is a little longer than in Colorado.  I'll be working on getting my ZRX running this weekend, blown fork seal and new front brake system are on the list.  The C14 picked up a rock to the radiator last weekend so it's on the tear down list, waiting on parts.

'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline tomp

« Reply #688 on: December 12, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »
Well as you can tell the riding season here is a little longer than in Colorado.  I'll be working on getting my ZRX running this weekend, blown fork seal and new front brake system are on the list.  The C14 picked up a rock to the radiator last weekend so it's on the tear down list, waiting on parts.
I do love living in Texas.  Tell us about the ZRX.  Maybe a pic  or more too. . .  One of Kawi's best standards/superbike legends.   
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #689 on: December 12, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »
I do love living in Texas.  Tell us about the ZRX.  Maybe a pic  or more too. . .  One of Kawi's best standards/superbike legends.

My last bike was a 2000 ZRX (and with the correct color orientation, too... purple over white).  It was a great bike until the carbs went haywire from what I suspect was the continued damn ethanol in the gas.  Repeated repairs over and over in the last 3 years of owning it and I finally gave up when nobody could keep the carbs fixed.  That is when I got the Concours 14 and kissed carbs good-bye forever.

Photo is from a trip on the blueridge pkwy, with Ventura pack system.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #690 on: December 12, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »
Kawi knows how to build bikes, starting with the Mach lll H1 500.  Now they have the H2 and H2R.  Innovators for decades.  Even the carb set up on the Big Bear was unique, compared to others, back then. 

Max, that was a beautiful motorcycle.  tp

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #691 on: December 12, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »
My last bike was a 2000 ZRX (and with the correct color orientation, too... purple over white).  It was a great bike until the carbs went haywire from what I suspect was the continued damn ethanol in the gas.  Repeated repairs over and over in the last 3 years of owning it and I finally gave up when nobody could keep the carbs fixed.  That is when I got the Concours 14 and kissed carbs good-bye forever.

Photo is from a trip on the blueridge pkwy, with Ventura pack system.
Nice pic and nice bike. So what happened to the bike?  Sold it?
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #692 on: December 13, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
Nice pic and nice bike. So what happened to the bike?  Sold it?

I did a cardinal no-no and "traded it in" to the dealer to apply to the Concours.  I found out months later one of the employees of the dealership bought it and he claimed to have fixed it.  Good luck to him.  Of course, if he could get it really fixed, then why was it not fixed when they worked on it several times?  (And an independent motorcycle shop, and my best friend who is a mater mechanic).

At times I miss it, it was smaller/lighter/less top-heavy and more forgiving and was plenty powerful.  But the Concours just clobbers it in just about every way- speed, smoothness, weather protection, reliability, comfort, capacity, safety, convenience, easy starting, controls, dash... you name it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #693 on: December 13, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »
UJM's can be really cool.  If the "kinda new" CB1100 had come with more HP, gown up size people ergonomics, at $1500 lower price tag.  it may have brought some of the 70's/80's styles back to the marketplace.  I had my name on the first one to arrive in my area, but after sitting on it and being told not a dime off, I walked away..  They are beautiful, though.  tp

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #694 on: December 17, 2014, 04:29:28 PM »
2002 with 45K miles on the clock, set up for riding the Texas Hill Country.  129HP/ 80# torque.
'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #695 on: December 17, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »

Got that right! I do (did) ride all year round if Colorado as long as the roads were dry. But here in Austin, unless there is ice or its really storming, I commute to work on the bike every day.

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #696 on: December 17, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
Truth be told, I'm a fair weather friend.  That being said, I usually ride with friends every weekend with the average ride being 150-200 miles at a brisk pace.
'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline tomp

« Reply #697 on: December 17, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »
Truth be told, I'm a fair weather friend.  That being said, I usually ride with friends every weekend with the average ride being 150-200 miles at a brisk pace.

That ZRX looks showroom fresh.  Gotta be a ball to ride on the Sisters, or any where else in the Hill Country.  Raining in Houston area now, tomorrow and Friday.  50's over the weekend but clear.  Hope to ride then.

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #698 on: December 17, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »
That ZRX looks showroom fresh.  Gotta be a ball to ride on the Sisters, or any where else in the Hill Country.  Raining in Houston area now, tomorrow and Friday.  50's over the weekend but clear.  Hope to ride then.
Pictures can be deceiving, she has a view battle scars.  Awesome bike to ride in the Hill Country.

Old #9 Fredericksburg
http://youtu.be/VQmxjx28rrk
Lime Creek Road - Austin
http://youtu.be/KK6fzY3roYw
'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline tomp

« Reply #699 on: December 18, 2014, 06:17:47 AM »
Pictures can be deceiving, she has a view battle scars.  Awesome bike to ride in the Hill Country.

Old #9 Fredericksburg
http://youtu.be/VQmxjx28rrk
Lime Creek Road - Austin
http://youtu.be/KK6fzY3roYw

Great videos.  Thanks for sharing, sir. tomp