Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303659 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1180 on: January 06, 2018, 06:48:19 AM »
Netflix, you twit.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1181 on: January 09, 2018, 02:20:43 PM »
Watched this year's Black Mirror, season 4, and liked those episodes a lot. Far more than the previous years, not that I did not like the previous episodes, just that I did not like them nearly as much as S-4's episodes.

Also watched Arrival and I am not sure if I liked it or not. Still a little confused by the movie but I <think> it was good. The problem is that they did not tie everything up in a nice, neat and finished bundle and I grew up in the 60's and 70's where all problems are presented, discussed and dealt with, and all things are perfect by the end of each episode, and almost all full length movies. Arrival absolutely has an ending, it is just that that ending is not a perfectly clear- cut thing and sort of leaves the viewer with questions.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1182 on: January 09, 2018, 03:05:45 PM »
Did you happen to recognize the voice of the gamer at the end of the episode about the USS Callister?
Check it out again, see if you recognize him.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1183 on: January 09, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »
Yeah, Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad but to be honest, I had to watch it again, and I only got about a 70% surety that the voice was him with his very last sentence. Maybe if he had said 'Bitch!' I would have caught on faster?

Funny thing but I just do not have 'voice recognition' while my wife does not have 'face recognition'. She can pick out a voice in the first 1/4 word or so, seriously, but often has no idea who she is looking at regarding actors / actresses, even when their features are not distorted or altered. On the other hand, I can listen to a voice that I know very well for a long time and not realize who it is and often only recognize it after she points out to me who it is speaking. Funny how these things work in varying individuals in the same species..... or at least really close species. :-)

We just started watching the first season of Travelers and I recognized 'Declan' from Breaking Bad immediately but my wife did not even after I pointed out who it was.

Brian (maybe I have more than the proposed 2% to 4% Neanderthal and a little less Cro Magnon; put another way maybe wife can tell voice but Trog need to see / smell other to know them   :rotflmao:)

Did you happen to recognize the voice of the gamer at the end of the episode about the USS Callister?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1184 on: January 09, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »
And I just tripped over this- the U.S.S. Callister may NOT have seen its last voyage: http://tvline.com/2018/01/09/black-mirror-uss-callister-spaceship-tv-series-netflix/

I do not know if a series is really something that will work on a semi- comedic level with a show like this. While I think Galaxy Quest was outstanding, I doubt it could be made into a series.

Brian

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1185 on: January 09, 2018, 05:28:34 PM »
sorry to interupt all the cranial shows, requiring all that thought process... and waiting for the next episode...

but, who watched the second release, Guardians of the Galaxy pt 2.... ?

found it quite entertaining, moreso than #1.

ok, going back under my flat rock now... ::)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1186 on: January 09, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »
sorry to interupt all the cranial shows, requiring all that thought process... and waiting for the next episode...
but, who watched the second release, Guardians of the Galaxy pt 2.... ? found it quite entertaining, moreso than #1.

Meh, I found it "ok", I think I gave it a 3 stars.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1187 on: January 10, 2018, 03:48:05 AM »

but, who watched the second release, Guardians of the Galaxy pt 2.... ?

found it quite entertaining, moreso than #1.

ok, going back under my flat rock now... ::)

I did and I thought it VERY entertaining.  :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1188 on: January 10, 2018, 05:29:48 AM »
Just started watching that too. Up to episode 5 or 6. It does have some interesting parts, such as the kid taking over the heroin addicted body.

Reminds me of a very much updated, and better 'The Time Tunnel' from the 1960's.

Brian

Just finished watching seasons 1 & 2 of Travelers on Netflix.

One of the best time travel based program 've seen :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelers_(TV_series)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1189 on: January 10, 2018, 02:14:44 PM »
It just gets better :)

Just started watching that too. Up to episode 5 or 6. It does have some interesting parts, such as the kid taking over the heroin addicted body.

Reminds me of a very much updated, and better 'The Time Tunnel' from the 1960's.

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1190 on: January 10, 2018, 02:42:31 PM »
Two episodes into "End of the F****** World"
So far has promise.
Very short, 20-22 minutes long.
Dark comedy drama on Netflix.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1191 on: January 11, 2018, 06:32:21 AM »
After your post, I binge- watched the entire series last night. I was mildly amused but frankly bored enough that I <almost> quit and then I hit episode #3..... outstanding! The whole series, from the perspective of having watched it all, was outstanding! I too was thinking it was a black comedy / 'kids' type of TV show, until episode 3; it is actually a pretty serious drama and a very dark one at that. The beginning, where it looks like it is something one would find on MTV only sucks the viewer in and makes the impact more pronounced.

Lately there have been a few English (UK actually, I think) TV shows / series that have been excellent. The already mentioned current season of Black Mirror. You, me and the Apocolypse was very engaging although it is hard to place exactly what that show was :-)  The Fall. I used to avoid British TV 'cause it was just outside my my plane of understanding and I never found most of the comedy very funny (parts of Monty Python's Flying Circus excepted but not all of it). Maybe it is just with the new methods of distribution we (Americans) are getting more UK tv shows and so have more choices?

Thanks for mentioning that one!

Brian

Two episodes into "End of the F****** World"
So far has promise.
Very short, 20-22 minutes long.
Dark comedy drama on Netflix.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1192 on: January 11, 2018, 06:37:21 AM »
and now for something completely different.

In 2017 a couple called Geoff & Vicki visited all 2563 railways stations on the UK mainline railway network and recorded it on YouTube.

http://allthestations.co.uk/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoA1OTQJoxQ
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1193 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:11 AM »
Watched 'Prisoner Number A26188: Henia Bryer' on Amazon Prime. It is about a Polish (also lived in Germany) woman who got the all- expense paid trip to four (FOUR!!!) concentration camps during WWII, and then had a very interesting ride for quite a few year afterward. But it was not the usual 'heart string tugging' story, Mrs. Bryer is very intelligent and articulate and presents a very full experience regarding basically her entire life (filmed in 2013), focusing more on the war and few years immediately following though. It is hard to believe but hers is really a pretty uplifting and sort of positive story, at least that is what I got out of it. The show also does a fantastic job of relating her experiences effects on her sons and grandchildren too. She was never fully broken by the experience and yet has never fully recovered from it either.  The best Holocaust survivor story I have seen, by far.

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1194 on: January 11, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
Watched 'Prisoner Number A26188: Henia Bryer' on Amazon Prime. It is about a Polish (also lived in Germany) woman who got the all- expense paid trip to four (FOUR!!!) concentration camps during WWII, and then had a very interesting ride for quite a few year afterward. But it was not the usual 'heart string tugging' story, Mrs. Bryer is very intelligent and articulate and presents a very full experience regarding basically her entire life (filmed in 2013), focusing more on the war and few years immediately following though. It is hard to believe but hers is really a pretty uplifting and sort of positive story, at least that is what I got out of it. The show also does a fantastic job of relating her experiences effects on her sons and grandchildren too. She was never fully broken by the experience and yet has never fully recovered from it either.  The best Holocaust survivor story I have seen, by far.

Brian

Awesome! I will check it out this weekend.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1195 on: January 14, 2018, 04:52:04 PM »
Bandwagon? Check
Finally bought seasons 1-7 GOT.
We tried many many years ago, but the wife doesn't like scenes of murdering animals for no good reason so we gave up on it when they killed the poor wolf pups. Sorry, spoiler alert. She agreed to leave the room during those scenes, I hear there are quite a few.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #1196 on: January 14, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »
Sorry if this one has already been discussed. A friend told me about it and gave me the series on DVD. Not sure how I missed it when it aired originally. Only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but it seems like it is going to be pretty good.

2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1197 on: January 14, 2018, 06:03:32 PM »
Don't forget Long Way Down too!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #1198 on: January 14, 2018, 06:21:11 PM »
Bandwagon? Check
Finally bought seasons 1-7 GOT.
We tried many many years ago, but the wife doesn't like scenes of murdering animals for no good reason so we gave up on it when they killed the poor wolf pups. Sorry, spoiler alert. She agreed to leave the room during those scenes, I hear there are quite a few.
The wife and I love GOT.  Finished Season 7 and decided to start over.  So many things we forgot, it’s almost like watching it again for the first time.  Excellent writing, special effects, violence, plot twists and storylines.  Plus tons of nudity, if you’re into that sort of thing...  ::)
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1199 on: January 15, 2018, 07:09:17 AM »
The wife and I love GOT.  Finished Season 7 and decided to start over.  So many things we forgot, it’s almost like watching it again for the first time.  Excellent writing, special effects, violence, plot twists and storylines.  Plus tons of nudity, if you’re into that sort of thing...  ::)

My wife and I are doing the same thing.

Our Comcast contract expired last week and the price went from a total of $75 to $110 for the same service (we stream everything now-a-days so we don't watch any Comcast programing). I called Comcast up and told them that I was thinking of switching to Verizon for my ISP unless they could give me a good deal. After a bit of back and forth, $65 for the same service as before plus free HBO for a year. Yes!

We haven't seen GOT season 7 so we decided to start over from the beginning and binge watch the whole thing.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn