Author Topic: Rear accessory leads  (Read 10005 times)

Offline Bob Skinner

• Arena
Rear accessory leads
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:17:45 PM »
OK, I've tried a "search" and no info. Took out the toolkit and ecu. Still can't find them. Looked in the rubber pouch and no luck. Where did the factory hide the rear accessory leads?

Bob

Re: Rear accessory leads
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »
You must pull the ECU out of the way (at the rear under the seat) . Then behind that (under the rack) in front of the tail light is a black boot. Inside that boot is the accessory wires. One male (common), one female (12volt+)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PolterGeist

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 08:59:31 AM »
http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/accleads

Great pics.. Hey quick question from a Newbie.. As I understand it (and if I understand it), there are two accessory leads one in the front and one in the rear... As I am new to Connie's, this is new to me, can anyone explain what these are typically used for? Sory if that is a stupid question, but as I said I fall back on to new to know.. :)
2014 Candy Cardinal Red Connie

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 09:32:29 AM »
They are for the bike's owner to add small electrical accessories. The Gen.2 C-14's are limited to 5 amps on the acc. circuit, so it will easily power things like GPS's, sound systems (without large, external speakers), charge cell phones and so forth. They will not power up most aux. lighting, heated clothing or any other such devices that use large amount of power.

By the way, if looking at lighting, heated clothing and some other things, they will be rated in watts rather than amps. No problem: divide the wattage by the system voltage (easiest to use 12 and close enough for our purposes) and come up with the amperage. Example: 100 Watt lights draw just over 8 amps (100 / 12 = 8 1/3) so they could not be powered by the aux. electrical circuit already on the bike, located in the front and rear as you mention.

Brian

Great pics.. Hey quick question from a Newbie.. As I understand it (and if I understand it), there are two accessory leads one in the front and one in the rear... As I am new to Connie's, this is new to me, can anyone explain what these are typically used for? Sory if that is a stupid question, but as I said I fall back on to new to know.. :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline PolterGeist

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 09:39:33 AM »
They are for the bike's owner to add small electrical accessories. The Gen.2 C-14's are limited to 5 amps on the acc. circuit, so it will easily power things like GPS's, sound systems (without large, external speakers), charge cell phones and so forth. They will not power up most aux. lighting, heated clothing or any other such devices that use large amount of power.

By the way, if looking at lighting, heated clothing and some other things, they will be rated in watts rather than amps. No problem: divide the wattage by the system voltage (easiest to use 12 and close enough for our purposes) and come up with the amperage. Example: 100 Watt lights draw just over 8 amps (100 / 12 = 8 1/3) so they could not be powered by the aux. electrical circuit already on the bike, located in the front and rear as you mention.

Brian

Brian,

Perfect.. Thanks for all of the information...
2014 Candy Cardinal Red Connie

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »
Glad to help if I can.

Brian

Brian,

Perfect.. Thanks for all of the information...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com