Author Topic: any ideas for my atv  (Read 2466 times)

Offline S.Ga.Rider

any ideas for my atv
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
I have a 05 suzuki ltz250. I was riding the other day and it stated cutting out at small throttle openings, full throttle it runs fine. I figured one of the jets were clogged. Pulled the carb and sure enough their was. I cleaned it, put it back together and the same thing happened. I ordered a rebuild kit and no difference. It wont idle and if the throttle is just off idle, it skips and sputters but will rev clean at full throttle.
What I have done so far, replaced the gas and cleaned the tank, replaced the fuel line and filter, disassembled the carb 4 times cleaning and rebuilding it, cleaned the air filter and changed the spark plug and none made any difference.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: any ideas for my atv
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »
You could always sell it to SISF  :D

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2390.0
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline Wild_Bill

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:37:16 PM »
Still sounds like carbs need cleaning. I use gutiar strings to clean out the passages.
Might be coil breaking down. Check for cracks in the coil

Bill
Formerly known as Badnews_Bill

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
Water in the gas. We had the exact same problem and same symptoms on my daughter's boyfriend's Ninja. I checked everything else and a leaky gas cap was letting moisture in.