Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303277 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1260 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:57 AM »
Watched "A silent place" last weekend. Got fantastic reviews. Well acted and produced certainly. But I just couldn't get past the ridiculous premise. The premise reminded me of "Signs".

SPOILER ALERT

Would be quite easy to destroy the beasts. They are sooooo vulnerable. No way they could have brought civilization to the edge.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #1261 on: June 07, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »
Isle of Man TT

I've been recording the whole series. New episode every night at 11pm EST on Velocity. Started on 6/2/18 last one on 6/9/18
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Tri-J

• 2017 Concours 14
« Reply #1262 on: June 07, 2018, 11:56:33 PM »
^Me too. I would love to ride that course (at half the speed)! ;)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #1263 on: June 08, 2018, 01:35:06 AM »
^Me too. I would love to ride that course (at half the speed)! ;)

Maybe a little over half speed. They are averaging 130+ mph for the lap. I'm thinking an 80-90 mph average speed would be enough to make it fun, challenging, but not completely out of control.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #1264 on: June 08, 2018, 05:47:36 PM »
13 Reasons Why on Netflix.

Just finished the first season.  Gripping stuff about teenage suicide told in an interesting way.  Some of the storylines are a little far fetched, but compelling stuff and well portrayed.  The show is designed to get parents & kids to talk about this stuff. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1265 on: June 19, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »
We are watching that right now, probably about 4 episodes into the first season. Not a bad show but I have a hard time watching Sandra Oh; for whatever reason, she just 'rubs my fur the wrong way' and I would prefer she not be in my living room.  ;)  Otherwise the show is pretty good and who does not like a well- played psychopath?

Brian

BBC has a new show airing called Killing Eve that is my new favorite for this year.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1266 on: June 19, 2018, 02:56:10 PM »
Brian, you're not the only Brian I know who doesn't like her, how weird. I recommended the show to a coworker named Brian, and he didn't continue after the first episode because of her.

It really is a fantastic show to the end, the very end, but streaming it is only available for like two more weeks.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1267 on: June 19, 2018, 03:40:52 PM »
Yeah, normally I am not sensitive to anyone's looks or presence or anything like that but that woman is like sandpaper against my eyes. And it is not like I hate her or anything, I just do not want to see or hear her (actually the hearing part is OK except it brings up a photo image on my mental Rolodex). I know nothing about the woman at all and have no prejudice or anything. I cannot even explain or understand it myself, but something(s) about her just sets off my 'look elsewhere' phase, kinda like looking at something a dog would leave behind.... :-)

Long time ago I asked a good friend of mine if he watched Everybody Loves Raymond and he said no, because he simply could not stand the sight / presence of Raymond. Go figure?

I have two seasons as a hard- copy so streaming makes no difference.

Brian

Brian, you're not the only Brian I know who doesn't like her, how weird. I recommended the show to a coworker named Brian, and he didn't continue after the first episode because of her.

It really is a fantastic show to the end, the very end, but streaming it is only available for like two more weeks.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1268 on: June 20, 2018, 08:10:38 AM »
Yeah, normally I am not sensitive to anyone's looks or presence or anything like that but that woman is like sandpaper against my eyes. And it is not like I hate her or anything, I just do not want to see or hear her (actually the hearing part is OK except it brings up a photo image on my mental Rolodex). I know nothing about the woman at all and have no prejudice or anything. I cannot even explain or understand it myself, but something(s) about her just sets off my 'look elsewhere' phase, kinda like looking at something a dog would leave behind.... :-)

Long time ago I asked a good friend of mine if he watched Everybody Loves Raymond and he said no, because he simply could not stand the sight / presence of Raymond. Go figure?

I have two seasons as a hard- copy so streaming makes no difference.

Brian

Interesting. I had a problem with that show because I didn't like Patricia Heaton. But it turns out I just didn't like her character because I really like he in The Middle.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1269 on: June 23, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »
forget to post 2 days ago...
was snooping on Netflix, for something worth while...( pickings are very lean... and they consider 2005 stuff as "just added" fodder...)

Ken Burns "The Vietnam war", all 18 hours of it, 10 chapters, is up there now... almost got thru it all... sure is better when you can watch them back to back, instead of waiting 24 hours between like when it first popped up on PBS...
enjoy.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1270 on: June 23, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »
Finished the first season of Killing Eve: I have to say, it ended a lot better than it started IMO. Interesting series. It will be back for another season at least and I plan on watching that one.

Brian

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1271 on: June 24, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
Finished the first season of Killing Eve: I have to say, it ended a lot better than it started IMO. Interesting series. It will be back for another season at least and I plan on watching that one.

Brian

AGREED!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1272 on: June 24, 2018, 03:46:03 PM »
My wife was always irritated raw by Debra on that show: her take was that Debra was the biggest B!tc& in the world. Does not really strike me that way but the character was overbearing and a but uppity IMO. Marie was extremely overbearing but she had the asset that she was hysterical and a very well- developed character. One of my all- time favorite TV characters, Marine Barone.

Brian

Interesting. I had a problem with that show because I didn't like Patricia Heaton. But it turns out I just didn't like her character because I really like he in The Middle.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1273 on: June 25, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »
My wife was always irritated raw by Debra on that show: her take was that Debra was the biggest B!tc& in the world. Does not really strike me that way but the character was overbearing and a but uppity IMO. Marie was extremely overbearing but she had the asset that she was hysterical and a very well- developed character. One of my all- time favorite TV characters, Marine Barone.

Brian

do you have any idea how that post sounds to us manly men?
I ain't lettin' ya read fairy tales to my kid anymore.....

or, my dog for that matter...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1274 on: June 25, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »
Yeah, I am always very concerned about how I appear to 'manly' men. That means you, cupcake. :-)  I LOVE Marie Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond. One of my favorite movies is Casablanca..... my son thought I was 'Mary Jane Tinklepants' over that too but he watched it and now he too likes it a lot. Not my favorite movie though, those would be either Unforgiven or The Usual Suspects.

Besides, as of last Monday, I do not need to read to your kids anymore, got a Granddaughter of my own! Penelope Elizabeth, demanded to be 'let out' last Monday (18 June) and both Mom and daughter are doing fine. So now I have a brand- new audience for my stories, the first of which will be of the origin of her name: Penelope, faithful and steady wife of Odysseus, mother of Telemachus. She fended off 'the suitors' for twenty years, waiting for Odysseus to return home, and when he did, "he slew them all". I love that story myself (Homer's The Odyssey).

Besides all that, YOU seemed to be sitting awfully close to Guy Young an awful lot of the time when we were in TN but hey, I do not judge.....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

do you have any idea how that post sounds to us manly men?
I ain't lettin' ya read fairy tales to my kid anymore.....

<snip>

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1275 on: June 25, 2018, 04:37:17 PM »
Finished watching the second season of Westworld last night- not sure if I liked it or not. It was very disconnected, apparently on purpose, and left the door open to all kinds of possibilities. That is fine as long as they go somewhere in season 3.

I liked season 1 a lot, not so much season 2 though it is always great to see Anthony Hopkins in almost anything.

Currently looking for something else worthwhile to watch. Lately, some Limey shows have been really good IMo, such as The end of the XXXing World, Killing Eve and a few others. Black Mirror is also good though all over the place as it is a true anthology series. Kinda' waiting for True Detective and Fargo....

Brian

Edited to fix season numbers.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:14:58 PM by B.D.F. »

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1276 on: June 26, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »
Yeah, I am always very concerned about how I appear to 'manly' men. That means you, cupcake. :-) 

you know I'll always luv ya man, even tho I never say which movies make me say " i think I have something in my eye.."

all good...

Besides all that, YOU seemed to be sitting awfully close to Guy Young an awful lot of the time when we were in TN but hey, I do not judge.....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

jealous? you could have hung outside with us, don't forget Larry Buck was right in there with us also... Los Tres Amigo's...

I could have/should have, come in to listen to the cat joke, but had to enjoy the outdoor atmosphere, where I could smoke cigs, and cuss... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

all is good, glad we both have a great sense of humor...  some folks never understand, or get it.. :thumbs: :hail: :finger_fing11:

Besides, as of last Monday, I do not need to read to your kids anymore, got a Granddaughter of my own! Penelope Elizabeth,

congrats, welcome to the Grampa Zone...!!!
seems like just yeasterday my grandson was born... now he wants my motorcycles, and my guns... ( a-la the terminatah)
he's grown like a weed.... and he's cool as can be... his dad is a knob, but then he isn't my kid... :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
always liked this picture... clean up your mind, it's only my thumb...
 :hail: :hail: :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1277 on: June 26, 2018, 09:48:25 PM »
Hey, anyone not moved by some parts of life ain't worth the breath they draw..... IMO, of course.

And I did hang out with you  a bit in TN, although the temp. got to me something awful. I actually had to head up to my room and hide behind the A/C to recover. Sorry, I am a northern boy and cannot adapt to the south in anything but winter. I could make sweating an Olympic event......

No need to clean up anything about that photo: I hope to be holding Penelope soon enough and frankly, I do not care where my thumbs end up. Looking forward to holding her, changing her and giving her a bath. She is still in the hospital, born a bit premature but not too far (34 weeks, maybe 35) so long term prognosis is excellent. My D-I-L has already been released, Penelope goes into an open crib tomorrow and with a little luck, comes home on Thurs. So everything is great. In fact, I am casually scouting around for another C-14 to make the trip down to VA and visit the little angle as often as possible. Of course I can make the ride in a cage but hey, why do that when I can <possibly> ride on two wheels?

On the plus side, I truly love my D-I-L and I do not say that lightly; she has been with my son for almost 10 years and has more than earned all my respect and love, which is not something I give away easily. In fact, she is number three out of <everyone>: my mother, my wife and now she so it is kind of a special bond.

Apparently I am in charge of teaching Penelope how to ride (motorcycles and if needed, horses) and shoot, which I am frankly very happy and proud to do.

Anyway, she is still in the hospital and so I have not 'met' her yet although my wife is there and stealing touches and the occasional holding- all strictly off- limits in the neo- natal unit. But if my wrist will cooperate, I will see her soon enough and maybe post a photo or two as  a proud Grandpa.

Brian

you know I'll always luv ya man, even tho I never say which movies make me say " i think I have something in my eye.."

all good...

jealous? you could have hung outside with us, don't forget Larry Buck was right in there with us also... Los Tres Amigo's...

I could have/should have, come in to listen to the cat joke, but had to enjoy the outdoor atmosphere, where I could smoke cigs, and cuss... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

all is good, glad we both have a great sense of humor...  some folks never understand, or get it.. :thumbs: :hail: :finger_fing11:

congrats, welcome to the Grampa Zone...!!!
seems like just yeasterday my grandson was born... now he wants my motorcycles, and my guns... ( a-la the terminatah)
he's grown like a weed.... and he's cool as can be... his dad is a knob, but then he isn't my kid... :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
always liked this picture... clean up your mind, it's only my thumb...
 :hail: :hail: :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1278 on: July 15, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »
I'm sure this will be gone shortly, but it's worth the time...
wow...
https://youtu.be/17mh2oI21V4

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1279 on: July 15, 2018, 09:37:33 PM »
We finished all three 'seasons' of Black Mirror. That's some damn good writing! Dark but very well done.    :thumbs:

Wow- I just finished watching all 4 "seasons" (I use that term faintly) over the last week.  A few episodes were "meh" but most of the others were really great!  Highly recommend.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc