Author Topic: New Concurs wanna be owner  (Read 1097 times)

Offline brazeagle

New Concurs wanna be owner
« on: September 07, 2019, 04:55:15 PM »
Hello all,
I owned 2 ZX14R and just loved the latest 2015 I had.
Now that I started traveling long distances (1200 miles) I need a bike that will do the job without making me tired.
I researched and concluded that the C14 is the bike, as I really like the way Kawas are reliable.
So here I am, trying to find a C14 to purchase.

My only concern, HOW DO YOU deal not having a cruise control?
Thanks
Luiz :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: New Concurs wanna be owner
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »
Throttle lock or install an aftermarket cruise control.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:14:59 AM »
My only concern, HOW DO YOU deal [with] not having a cruise control?

I installed one.  https://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?products_id=369

Offline brazeagle

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 07:48:26 AM »
The Murphy's kit look good.
Can you share a picture of your bike with the installed kit? I would like to see how it looks.
Does it affect the warranty in anyway?
I appreciate if you share some details with PROS and CONS (if there are any)

Thanks a lot.
Luiz
 :)

Offline brazeagle

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 07:50:06 AM »
Thanks a lot,
I am happy to be here with you guys.

I am interested in knowing if anyone can tell when the 2020 model Concurs is supposed to be out?

I heard some rumors that it may have Cruise Control OEM.
Thanks,
Luiz

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »
I doubt if the '20 has cruise. Kaw is probably not going to invest in the changes to an end of life model. The McCruise is anther aftermarket option and is more installer friendly though pricier.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 11:05:35 AM »
Can you share a picture of your bike with the installed kit? I would like to see how it looks.

There isn't much to see once it's all buttoned up. Just the control pad and some put that on the right and some put it on the left. Some just use a piece of aluminum (me) and others 3D print/CNC machine a holder for the control pad.

You can see install info (with photos) on Murph's site look for the "Knowledge base" link at the lower left. I personally think that the only CON is the install process but other than that, once it's done it's all PRO. It is approx 70 percent cheaper (someone check my math) than the one from Australia (McCruise). There are two different control pads, one has an engaged light and the other one doesn't. You can easily add an engaged light if you decide to go with the pad that doesn't have one. I installed mine in the blank round dash plug on the left side. Another PRO, is that if you have any install problems you should be able to find help on either forum, and from Rostra themselves as long as you pretend that you are installing it on a car when you call. Last I heard they won't help you if they think you are putting it on a motorcycle.

Warranty question, depends on the dealer you take it to. I have both the cruise control and a flashed ECU and I was able to get a transmission gear replaced under an extended Good times warranty. 

As for the 2020 model, well there is no other way to say it braze', you are arriving a little bit late to the game. The question isn't so much: Will the 2020 model have an electronic cruise control?, as it is, will there be a 2020 model? The 2019 model (IMO) appeared to be assembled from left over parts from prior years, I'm expecting the same if there is a 2020 model and I'm not expecting to see a 2021 model...but I've been wrong before..too many times in fact.

Regardless there are probably plenty on brand new prior year models around the country in dealers just waiting to make a deal for you so pick the color you like and start the looking/price haggling process.

Oh, and welcome.  :thumbs: