Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191938 times)

ang

Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
Tom, I went over the border to pick it up, that's why it was so fast?

Offline koval68

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2012, 05:50:59 AM »
Tom, I went over the border to pick it up, that's why it was so fast?
That explains! I'm sure my package will be arriving"repackaged by Customs" ;)
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline seajay

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 07:19:27 AM »
Received mine yesterday, and hope to install today. I'll report back if I run across any problems, but I'm not expecting any given the detailed instructions.
09 C14 ABS, Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2012, 08:12:58 AM »
I'll be putting mine on today.  Very detailed instructions, Brian.  Excellent work!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline timbo

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2012, 04:33:45 PM »
Brian, got mine today and installed it. Just to let you know, yes it works on my 2011. Thanks!

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »
I installed mine today. Great instructions. Sorry no pics.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
Thanks for the feedback and the kind words folks. Glad to hear that everyone got them installed without any difficulty.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2012, 07:53:49 PM »
Yeah, I had to sign a customs document swearing that the package did NOT contain (amongst many other things) any oleo or butter products. (!!) What's up with that? Don't you Canadians like butter? Needless to say that I took the butter out of the package before shipping it- good thing I read the restrictions, eh?

:D

Not sure exactly what that thing is going to look like on an X- ray machine but you may have to explain yourself. 'No, it is just a harness.... really!'

Brian

Lucky you! Still waiting for mine.......and I think CSIS is watching my house :o  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
I received mine and although I have not installed it yet, I am not anticipating any issues at all. I must say that this is about as OEM as a non-OEM product can possibly by.......... Excellent job sourcing the harnesses!
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »
I updated mine to spec 1a squared  by using the Velcro to mount the holder under the plastic cover.  It will be simple to access, but holds it well out of the way.  It was not bad before, btu this is very secure.  Plus, I'll get even with the dealership with this fuse....

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2012, 07:14:12 PM »
I have a doubt, when the KIPASS problem is present and you bypass the system by removing and reintalling the fuse in this kit this will free up the ignition to be able to turn the stove  knob and unlock the steering?
Thanks
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »
that is exactly what it does, for 5 seconds.  Brian?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2012, 04:57:28 AM »
I have a doubt, when the KIPASS problem is present and you bypass the system by removing and reintalling the fuse in this kit this will free up the ignition to be able to turn the stove  knob and unlock the steering?
Thanks

that is exactly what it does, for 5 seconds.  Brian?

If your fob is in range and you remove the fuse and reinsert it, you will have a few seconds to press in the stove knob key. I'm not sure that it's 5 seconds though. Just be ready to press the key down as soon as you put the fuse back in.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2012, 09:24:40 AM »
If the KiPass activation switch is stuck down, which is the only KiPass problem I have ever heard of, then yes, when you remove and reinsert the fuse the LCD display with illuminate and the usual start up sequence will begin. The key will turn as usual after you press the key down, and then the LCD will illuminate in the usual starting process.

The first and second batches of harness are gone but I do have some in stock at the moment. If anyone is interested in one of these, shoot me an e-mail (my e-mail address is on the left side of this page under my icon).

Brian

Thanks

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »
email sent
Jeff

Offline jqram35

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2012, 09:09:17 PM »
PayPal sent
Jeff

Offline att2008vn

• C14 2010 ABS
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2012, 07:27:53 AM »
Hi,

Some of you may find this question ridiculous but i m wondering if your KIPASS is running fine, how do you test this harness ??

Thanks

at

Offline jqram35

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »
I would guess ( not having installed mine yet) that you could take the FOB far away like it was dead and use the bypass to get her running...

PS received mine today lightening fast shipping. Thanks
Jeff

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »
After installing my bypass today ( almost gave up trying to seperate the original connecter) I came up wth another possble use for it and One that I will probably use often. By pulling the fuse my 21 and 25 year old sons won't be borrowing the bike without me agreeing. I just hope that I remember when the fuse is out.   ::)
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
Now that is an interesting and good idea. Yep, without that fuse in place no one is going to start the bike or even get anything to happen at all (no display, no relay clicks, nothing). And it is easy enough to insert / remove that you could do it everyday and really not get sick of it.

Yes those connectors are hard to separate but they are also absolutely waterproof and vibration proof. I think it is better that they be that way as they spend virtually all of the time just sitting there; if they were easier to remove at the expense of reliability I think it would be a poor trade- off.

Brian

After installing my bypass today ( almost gave up trying to seperate the original connecter) I came up wth another possble use for it and One that I will probably use often. By pulling the fuse my 21 and 25 year old sons won't be borrowing the bike without me agreeing. I just hope that I remember when the fuse is out.   ::)