Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 128239 times)

Offline Walker18

• Arena
Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2013, 05:02:49 PM »
And you're paying someone to **** in your car?  This is getting good.  Why do I have this mental picture of a VW Tech standing on the hood pissing in a Passat?  And this makes it more powerful?  My God, humor doesn't get any better than this.

So, where did you get that pissat for your Passat? Local brew, or does it require German Lager?? 8)
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2013, 05:25:42 PM »
Hadn't thought of that angle...I imagine it must be a German Lager of some sort.  American won't do at all from what I'm told.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »

I'm selling two GM conversion vans, a Savana and a Express I love them,  but thay love way too much gas, I drive a LOT,  my 9,000lb 4x4 diesel pick up gets  better mileage.
I'm buying a 2009 - 2011 TDI Jetta sport wagon I'm never buying anything new again way to much deprecation, I'm selling my 2006 Ram laramie diesel 4x4 for almost what I paid for it three years ago , $22,000 , I've been looking for four  months finally I found a deal, 2009 Laramie 4x4 diesel for $23,500  I'm flying out fri 630am to drive it back, I buy trucks from out of state all the time for my business. The list price for this truck is over $ 60,000 new,   deprecation SUCKS.
The guy next door is the manager of the parts department at the local VW Audi dealership.
Life is GOOD
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2013, 07:56:43 PM »
Jetta uses the Blue pee stuff as well ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #305 on: February 24, 2013, 05:22:42 AM »
Jetta uses the Blue pee stuff as well ;D

Say what? My JSW doesn't and you have the same motor that I do.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #306 on: February 24, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »
They put the blue dye in the urea which makes it...

Wait for it.....

Here it comes.....

Dyed urea!   (Ducking and running....)
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »
Say what? My JSW doesn't and you have the same motor that I do.
I can go back to bed now.  (Pappy always said to learn something everyday before going to bed). :-[

Offline Conrad

« Reply #308 on: February 24, 2013, 09:02:55 AM »
They put the blue dye in the urea which makes it...

Wait for it.....

Here it comes.....

Dyed urea!   (Ducking and running....)

:cannon:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »
I still think this funny as all get out...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2013, 12:13:47 PM »
If I have this right you have a car that can run on biodiesel (crap) but you have to **** in the fuel to get it to run? I retract everything I said about hybrid electric cars and can now start making fun of rolling toilets.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »
I can't wait to start driving my new Pissat. I don't care if VW has to crap in it if I get over 40 mpg.
I had a 2003 Golf tdi I bought new when diesel prices were $1.43 per gallon and gas was $1.49. Then prices started  going up and Katrina hit and knocked out diesel refineries and never recovered.
I was always getting 43-45 mpg all the time.
I did look into the new Ford Fusion Hybrid. It is too Japanese. Yes I just said that on a Kawi forum. Atleast the Pissat is assembled in Tennessee.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

Joel from Maine.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #313 on: February 24, 2013, 01:22:30 PM »
Glad I wasn't stuck behind them. Prolly gotta cruiser in the garage. pita hypermilers

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
I had a 1978 Diesel Rabbit. Got 57 mpg city or highway. Traded it away in 83. Wish I would have kept it. It's about time they are finally getting back to the kind of mileage they were capable of 35 years ago.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2013, 04:30:53 AM »
I can't wait to start driving my new Pissat. I don't care if VW has to crap in it if I get over 40 mpg.
I had a 2003 Golf tdi I bought new when diesel prices were $1.43 per gallon and gas was $1.49. Then prices started  going up and Katrina hit and knocked out diesel refineries and never recovered.
I was always getting 43-45 mpg all the time.
I did look into the new Ford Fusion Hybrid. It is too Japanese. Yes I just said that on a Kawi forum. Atleast the Pissat is assembled in Tennessee.

When are you gonna get your VeeDub?

Only one place to get blue cow pee.

You gotta be nice to him first and give him a lil scratch on the head.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2013, 08:40:33 PM »
Just got home with the new Passat. What a great feeling ride. I love the handling VW has to offer. I thought I would miss my Charger more, but now I am like, What Charger. lol. I will get to take it out tomorrow for a real ride.
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »
Welcome to the TDi Club ;D  It only gets better and with the larger tank fuel stops will be few and far between.  When I'm doing the driving I usually fill up between 580-610 miles per tank.  And the transmission?  So so so sweet.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2013, 06:01:48 AM »
Just got home with the new Passat. What a great feeling ride. I love the handling VW has to offer. I thought I would miss my Charger more, but now I am like, What Charger. lol. I will get to take it out tomorrow for a real ride.

Nice car! Did you get the DSG auto? Like Chet said, that's one sweet transmission! Don't change the oil till 10k miles (per the owner's manual) and if you don't do it yourself (I'm too anal to let the dealer do my 'free' oil changes) BE SURE that the dealer uses the correct VW spec 507 oil. Lots of dealers don't have a clue and have used the wrong oil in these TDis.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2013, 06:30:33 AM »
Thank you guys.
I got the 6 speed manual. I want to get as many mpg that I can. I believe the Passat uses a different motor oil than the Golf, Beetle, and Jetta tdis from what I have read. Due to the fluid injection it has. I still have a lot of research to do.
Joel from Maine.