Author Topic: So what crash guards are available for Gen. 2 C-14's  (Read 1158 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
So what crash guards are available for Gen. 2 C-14's
« on: October 18, 2020, 02:08:55 PM »
This news (see quote below) came as kind of a surprise. I did not realize Canyon Cages were no longer made for C-14's. What else is available for gen. 2 C-14's? Really looking for crash guards rather than scuff shields, such as slider pucks and similar. Looking for something that can actually support the bike in a slow fall- over. Assuming I end up with another C-14 of course.

Any input appreciated.

Attached are the instructions for the 2nd gen fronts.  It is the only information I have.  Although they are not made or sold anymore, there might be a chance if you contact MC Enterprises, they might be able to send additional info.  If you do and get a response, make sure to share on the forum.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: So what crash guards are available for Gen. 2 C-14's
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 04:49:20 AM »
https://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Adventure_Bars/Kawasaki/GTR1400_Concours/AB0002BK/
I have seen a pic of these fitted to a 2008-2009 C14 as well, but can't comment on whether they were modified or not.

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/N62-12EGB5Combo-p/n62-12egb5combo.htm

Otherwise you are looking at the Kawasaki/TopBlock/Puck type protection.

George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 05:15:16 AM »
R&G Adventure Bars for Kawasaki GTR1400

Unfortunately, I don't think those would protect the bags/panniers.  They look nicer than the T-rex fronts.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 06:25:30 AM »
Thanks guys, I think either of those would work and they do not look bad. Other than the rear set when the 'bags are removed but since I never remove the bags anyway, no problem.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 02:59:05 PM »
Thanks guys, I think either of those would work and they do not look bad. Other than the rear set when the 'bags are removed but since I never remove the bags anyway, no problem.

Well, the A&R have no rears.  Yes, the rears (both Canyons and T-Rex) look strange with no bags, but I never ride without the bags, so it doesn't matter.  I do think the Canyons are more attractive fronts than either of those two current front options, though.