Author Topic: C14 Police bike..  (Read 2971 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
Re: C14 Police bike..
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 11:57:48 AM »
Yep, got me thinking.  And anyone who has read my posts knows that is a bad idea (thinking).  :nuts:

- Is the Motor COP doing a Dismount or Mount in the photo?
- Right Vs. Left side?  Is there a right/wrong way to mount/dismount?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 12:55:45 PM »
Yep I see C14 police bikes here all the time. I once stopped at Rudy's with a C-14 and a BMW R1200 police bike parked outside. I asked the 2 LEO's which was faster. They laughed because they saw me get off my C14 and they knew that I knew the answer.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »
Yep, got me thinking.  And anyone who has read my posts knows that is a bad idea (thinking).  :nuts:

- Is the Motor COP doing a Dismount or Mount in the photo?
- Right Vs. Left side?  Is there a right/wrong way to mount/dismount?

Well, it is a bit odd to try and mount/dismount from the RIGHT of the bike, since it leans to the left on the kickstand.  I know I would have great difficulty with that, being I have short legs.  And if for some reason the bike suddenly became unstable, most of us would have no leverage to try and stop it from falling from the RIGHT side when it is already leaning considerably to the left.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 04:01:49 PM »
Yep I see C14 police bikes here all the time. I once stopped at Rudy's with a C-14 and a BMW R1200 police bike parked outside. I asked the 2 LEO's which was faster. They laughed because they saw me get off my C14 and they knew that I knew the answer.

Well, we all know the answer.  That was, no doubt, an R1200RT.  The C14 would beat it, pretty easily.  :)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »
Well, it is a bit odd to try and mount/dismount from the RIGHT of the bike, since it leans to the left on the kickstand.  I know I would have great difficulty with that, being I have short legs.  And if for some reason the bike suddenly became unstable, most of us would have no leverage to try and stop it from falling from the RIGHT side when it is already leaning considerably to the left.
The reason motor officers mount/dismount from the right has to do with staying away from traffic on enforcement stops.  Also, we were advised that in the rare instance of a side stand failure, to just let the bike fall. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 01:15:03 PM »
The reason motor officers mount/dismount from the right has to do with staying away from traffic on enforcement stops.  Also, we were advised that in the rare instance of a side stand failure, to just let the bike fall.

Hadn't thought about that. Makes sense.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 01:40:57 PM »
And the reason why we mount motorcycles from the left stems from  why sword welding riders mounted a horse from the left :)

And further goes to prove you guys drive on the wrong side of the road as over here getting off the side stand side puts you onto the pavement (sidewalk) :D

--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 01:46:44 PM »
Yeah, LEO's commonly mount / dismount to the right hand side of motorcycles for the reason you mention. And they are actually quite good at it. That said, it still looks really odd to me because everyone knows a human throws the right leg over everything from the left side. Even horses know that- have you ever seen anyone try to mount or dismount a horse from the right (and the horses find it odd too :-)  ).

But necessity being the mother of invention and all, if I were a motor LEO I too would learn to do it.... backwards. :-)

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »
Problem solved:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
Problem solved:

Indeed!   Coolness.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 04:16:05 PM »
They even moved the exhaust to the other side.  :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »

LOL!

Nothing like an evil twin mirror-image C14!

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 08:23:35 PM »

What, no mention of the shaft?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 06:36:07 AM »
What, no mention of the shaft?

...or rear end?