Author Topic: two brothers pipe  (Read 12394 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: two brothers pipe
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »
you guys are funny. I have an '08 and have done 250 miles plus on a tank several times, at a leisure pace but not obsessed with the mileage and gunning it as needed.
I have to wonder what I'd get with the funny ECO mode, just not willing to live with the linked brakes nor the payments for a new bike. At 60 thousand miles mine's finally broken in  8)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »
you guys are funny. I have an '08 and have done 250 miles plus on a tank several times, at a leisure pace but not obsessed with the mileage and gunning it as needed.

So, are they not putting ethanol in your gas over there?

I recently was able to get some 100% gas on a trip when passing through Oklahoma and I think I could have easily gotten 250 miles from that tank if I was wanting to, but we stopped for lunch and gassed up earlier than needed.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 05:01:13 PM »
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 07:38:26 PM »
I like the popping...adds personality :o
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline overthehill

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
I have a Two Brothers pipe and a power commander.  The pop is glorious!  And that is from folks in the canyon in front of me:)
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 06:29:51 AM »
I've got an Area P (carbon fiber of course) and stock filter and stock tune.  I think I've heard the decel pop once.  Not enough for me to worry about it.  Some like the pop.

I have the same set-up that Jim does and for me the 'pop' is more like a very nice burble/rumble.     :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 06:31:56 AM »
For me a if i really wanted a fuel economy improvement it would begin with slowing down to almost the posted speed limits.

That would be a bit extreme wouldn't it?   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2014, 07:14:01 AM »
I have to wonder what I'd get with the funny ECO mode, just not willing to live with the linked brakes nor the payments for a new bike. At 60 thousand miles mine's finally broken in  8)

+1 although I rarely go past 220.  On my last trip I was filling it up when it got to the E block just to see how much it took to go to the filler neck.  It took about 4.1/2 gallons so based on that I could go 250 although I would be a nervous wreck getting there.  I also add an extra half gallon after the neck is reached.  I agree with Martin in that my bike is finally broken in at 60k miles.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »
Dumb question from a newbie.
Is the Catalytic Converter inside the stock muffler (2014 model)?
If so, does replacing the stock muffler cause emission problems/codes?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »
It's not in the muffler in any of the models that I'm aware of.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
No- the catalytic converters are located in the collectors of the exhaust pipe, well forward of the muffler.

No, replacing the stock muffler and exhaust pipe will not cause any error codes and <should not> have much, if any, effect on emissions.

Brian

Dumb question from a newbie.
Is the Catalytic Converter inside the stock muffler (2014 model)?
If so, does replacing the stock muffler cause emission problems/codes?

Ride safe, Ted
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 05:59:50 AM »
So, are they not putting ethanol in your gas over there?

I recently was able to get some 100% gas on a trip when passing through Oklahoma and I think I could have easily gotten 250 miles from that tank if I was wanting to, but we stopped for lunch and gassed up earlier than needed.

The Germans put "up to" 5% ethanol in the fuel without any indication except a tiny sticker in some pumps. Then they sell the E10 clearly marked, that nobody buys, and it contains "up to" 10% ethanol. Thing is, ethanol contains less energy per volume than good old fuel, so E5 represents an increase of fuel consumption of about 1.5%, and another 1.5% if you put E10.
Let's say E10 is 3% cheaper than pure gas, you spend the same amount of money per km, but more volume of fuel. And the fuel tank in the bike doesn't get bigger, so you have to refuel 3% more often. Doesn't sound much, I know, about 5 miles per tank. But those calculations are made on a family car, not on a high performance engine from a motorcycle.
So, to your question, I always refuel E5, weather I like it or not. There isn't pure fuel anymore over here  :-X

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 07:57:16 AM »
The Germans put "up to" 5% ethanol in the fuel without any indication except a tiny sticker in some pumps. Then they sell the E10 clearly marked, that nobody buys, and it contains "up to" 10% ethanol. Thing is, ethanol contains less energy per volume than good old fuel, so E5 represents an increase of fuel consumption of about 1.5%, and another 1.5% if you put E10.
Let's say E10 is 3% cheaper than pure gas, you spend the same amount of money per km, but more volume of fuel. And the fuel tank in the bike doesn't get bigger, so you have to refuel 3% more often. Doesn't sound much, I know, about 5 miles per tank. But those calculations are made on a family car, not on a high performance engine from a motorcycle.
So, to your question, I always refuel E5, weather I like it or not. There isn't pure fuel anymore over here  :-X

The only reason it would be cheaper is because your tax dollars subsidize it (certainly the case here in the US). So your paying for it even if you don't buy it.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 03:36:40 AM »
The only reason it would be cheaper is because your tax dollars subsidize it (certainly the case here in the US). So your paying for it even if you don't buy it.

true here as well. Thanks for reminding me of that  :banghead:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »

Well if you are getting 250 miles per tank with a 1st gen then that's pretty fantastic mileage. I hadn't heard of very many, if any, Gen I C14s getting that over here. Perhaps I haven't been as attentive of the numbers as I think I have, but it seems most Gen I C14s are getting only high 30s on this side of the pond. 5% difference in ethanol doesn't seem like enough difference to account for that. Is it the O2 sensors? 

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 09:57:12 AM »
You're in luck.  The only good exhaust video in existence on the internet uses the Two Brothers on the C14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymgmmAljoM
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD