Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852669 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #800 on: March 06, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
BHO must have been using it for decades
By far, the best post  in a long while.  TRUTH IS TRUTH...
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #801 on: March 06, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »
Do you know how many children die every year by DHMO inhalation? Me neither but I'm sure it's a LOT!!

Offline tomp

« Reply #802 on: March 06, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »
Age is one of the major risk factors for drowning. This relationship is often associated with a lapse in supervision. Globally, the highest drowning rates are among children 1-4 years, followed by children 5-9 years. In the WHO Western Pacific Region children aged 5-14 years die more frequently from drowning than any other cause.

Child drowning statistics from a number of countries are particularly revealing:
Drowning is one of the top 5 causes of death for people aged 1-14 years for 48 of 85 countries with data meeting inclusion criteria1.
Australia: drowning is the leading cause of unintentional injury death in children aged 1-3 years.
Bangladesh: drowning accounts for 43% of all deaths in children aged 1-4 years.
China: drowning is the leading cause of injury death in children aged 1-14 years.
United States: drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional injury death in children aged 1-14 years.

73 DIED IN TEXAS IN 2014 AND TO DATE, 4 SO FAR IN 2015... TP   What did we do before we had google??? I can't remember, maybe Encyclopedia Britannica Annual Update Books?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #803 on: March 06, 2015, 01:19:14 PM »
Age is one of the major risk factors for drowning. This relationship is often associated with a lapse in supervision. Globally, the highest drowning rates are among children 1-4 years, followed by children 5-9 years. In the WHO Western Pacific Region children aged 5-14 years die more frequently from drowning than any other cause.

Child drowning statistics from a number of countries are particularly revealing:
Drowning is one of the top 5 causes of death for people aged 1-14 years for 48 of 85 countries with data meeting inclusion criteria1.
Australia: drowning is the leading cause of unintentional injury death in children aged 1-3 years.
Bangladesh: drowning accounts for 43% of all deaths in children aged 1-4 years.
China: drowning is the leading cause of injury death in children aged 1-14 years.
United States: drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional injury death in children aged 1-14 years.

73 DIED IN TEXAS IN 2014 AND TO DATE, 4 SO FAR IN 2015... TP   What did we do before we had google??? I can't remember, maybe Encyclopedia Britannica?

See? That settles it, we have to ban di-hydrogen monoxide, its for the children.

Offline tomp

« Reply #804 on: March 06, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »
See? That settles it, we have to ban di-hydrogen monoxide, its for the children.
Figured that would help convince you to bring on the ban.   ;D 

Good enough weather for you to ride the hills this weekend?  Gonna try and get a ride in tomorrow, a day off.  Work the next days, so will be day riding the coast, or maybe to Fayeteville for a meal.  tp

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #805 on: March 06, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »
Figured that would help convince you to bring on the ban.   ;D 

Good enough weather for you to ride the hills this weekend?  Gonna try and get a ride in tomorrow, a day off.  Work the next days, so will be day riding the coast, or maybe to Fayeteville for a meal.  tp

Rode to work this morning at 28 degrees. But riding home in the 50's. Absolutely great to see the sun again. I expect to ride some tomorrow but not sure about Sunday. Supposed to get wet again. Fayetteville is a long way for a weekend. Rode up to that area, Mena, Hot Springs, Danville on a 4 day weekend last April. Great roads!

Offline tomp

« Reply #806 on: March 06, 2015, 01:51:07 PM »
Rode to work this morning at 28 degrees. But riding home in the 50's. Absolutely great to see the sun again. I expect to ride some tomorrow but not sure about Sunday. Supposed to get wet again. Fayetteville is a long way for a weekend. Rode up to that area, Mena, Hot Springs, Danville on a 4 day weekend last April. Great roads!
Sorry, meant Fayetteville TX, on Hiway 159, near La Grange.  Rain coming back here, Sunday-Tuesday.  tp

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #807 on: March 06, 2015, 02:15:01 PM »
Sorry, meant Fayetteville TX, on Hiway 159, near La Grange.  Rain coming back here, Sunday-Tuesday.  tp

I didn't know there was a Fayetteville TX. That's only 85 miles from my apartment. Good place for a meal?

Offline tomp

« Reply #808 on: March 06, 2015, 02:41:26 PM »
I didn't know there was a Fayetteville TX. That's only 85 miles from my apartment. Good place for a meal?

There's two eateries on the square, and Joes's Place is where the money is well spent.  Tons of different beers on tap. My favorite meal is the Grilled Pork Chops, but everything there is delicious.  They run out of some dishes during the day. Especially the desserts go quickly.  Normally filled with locals and motorcycle riders, who know great food and atmosphere...   
tomp

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #809 on: March 06, 2015, 04:00:30 PM »
There's two eateries on the square, and Joes's Place is where the money is well spent.  Tons of different beers on tap. My favorite meal is the Grilled Pork Chops, but everything there is delicious.  They run out of some dishes during the day. Especially the desserts go quickly.  Normally filled with locals and motorcycle riders, who know great food and atmosphere...   
tomp

Thanks! Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

Offline tomp

« Reply #810 on: March 06, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
Thanks! Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.
If you do, enjoy.  I always do.  Find some back roads to get there, that's half the fun.  Eating, the other. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #811 on: March 06, 2015, 04:59:41 PM »
If you do, enjoy.  I always do.  Find some back roads to get there, that's half the fun.  Eating, the other.

Always! Its about the journey, the destination is just an excuse to make the journey.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #812 on: March 06, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »
I heard it makes you think you are smarter.

::)

Or perhaps it makes people more tolerant.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #813 on: March 06, 2015, 05:43:11 PM »
::)

Or perhaps it makes people more tolerant.
Tolerance is overrated.

Offline tomp

« Reply #814 on: March 06, 2015, 05:52:22 PM »
Tolerance is overrated.
+1.  Seems it works only one way today.  Be tolerant of everyone else, because no one will be tolerant of you..... tp

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #815 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:35 PM »
You should have seen my 6 car pass today in the Trans Am!
I was done tolerating them. 8)

Love that car. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #816 on: March 06, 2015, 08:27:06 PM »
Flushed the brakes and put 55 PR4GT on the rear.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #817 on: March 07, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »
Flushed the clutch fluid. Great success!

To make a long story short, I dredged up some memories from when I was an auto mechanic. A certain type of vehicle I worked on was a p.i.t.a. to flush the clutch hydraulics on until an old dude schooled me up. He said to have someone put light pressure on the clutch pedal then slowly crack open the bleeder. Then DO NOT depress the clutch pedal more than half way, then close the bleeder. Wait about 15 seconds and do it again. Repeat as many times as necessary. I don't know if it was that process that worked for me today or if I got WAY lucky. Either way, I had no problem flushing the clutch system with just a wrench and a piece of vinyl tubing into a empty can.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #818 on: March 07, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
Went for a brief ride.  A nice time was had. Just city riding, but no close calls, which was good.  100% chance of rain for the next three days, so no riding to work those days.  A great week to all.   

REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS AND WATCHES...

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #819 on: March 07, 2015, 07:16:05 PM »
Road in to the local Kaw. Dealer and dropped the Connie off for the rear break recall. Since I had already called last month about it they had the parts. Did the recall while I waited. Sweet!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:22:50 PM by Cruise Missile »