Author Topic: Top Block Racing - new swing arm and fork sliders - arrived & installed!  (Read 13092 times)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
Re: Top Block Racing - new swing arm and fork sliders
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »
Nothing, why do you ask?    ;)

It all started with Tatiana.......
 :hail:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »

What does that have to do with wood?

It's a long story Mike... I think you missed it while you were on your forum sabatical...

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »
Is it strange that the name Tatiana gives me wood?

For all any of us know, she might be my age.  The human imagination can travel in any direction.

Regarding the topic of this thread.  I am fortunate to own machine tools and can create such items as these sliders with the benefit of being able to size them according to my own satisfaction.  I also have powder coat equipment and can either powder coat them or polish them.  Compared to the price of Top Block's creations and the shipping fees from France, a T6 aluminum rod is almost free, as is my labor. 

I must admit though, I am subject to the high cost of Top Block's creations as the FedEx delivery man just rang my doorbell and handed me a package from Top Block.  It contains their rather pricey side sliders as seen on ZG's always picture perfect '09 C14.  I too have a black '09 but it looks a bit different than his as mine is decorated with a large assortment of splattered bugs and the debris accumulated by riding it in the rain.  I wonder how long it takes Jay to remove the remains of any insect that has the temerity to commit suicide somewhere on the front of his immaculate bike. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:56:36 PM by BudCallaghan »
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »
For all any of us know, she might be my age.  The human imagination can travel in any direction.

Regarding the topic of this thread.  I am fortunate to own machine tools and can create such items as these sliders with the benefit of being able to size them according to my own satisfaction.  I also have powder coat equipment and can either powder coat them or polish them.  Compared to the price of Top Block's creations and the shipping fees from France, an T6 aluminum rod is almost free so is my labor. 

I must admit though, I am subject to the high cost of Top Block's creations as the FedEx delivery man just rang my doorbell and handed me a package from Top Block.  It contains their rather pricey side sliders as seen on ZG's always picture perfect '09 C14.  I too have a black '09 but it looks a bit different than his as mine is decorated with a large assortment of splattered bugs and the debris accumulated by riding it in the rain.  I wonder how long it takes Jay to remove the remains of any insect that has the temerity to commit suicide somewhere on the front of his immaculate bike.

No doubt, ZG has a beautiful bike. I think that I can shed some light as to why he has no bug splatters on display. In order to spat a bug his bike needs to be moving fast enough to splat said bug. ZG's bike is so slow that at the speeds he is capable of, the bugs just bounce off. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 03:24:30 PM »

Regarding the topic of this thread.  I am fortunate to own machine tools and can create such items as these sliders with the benefit of being able to size them according to my own satisfaction.  I also have powder coat equipment and can either powder coat them or polish them.  Compared to the price of Top Block's creations and the shipping fees from France, an T6 aluminum rod is almost free so is my labor. 

;D ;D ;D  Thanks BC for the compliments and congrats on the Top Block delivery bro!!  :thumbs:

No doubt, ZG has a beautiful bike. I think that I can shed some light as to why he has no bug splatters on display. In order to spat a bug his bike needs to be moving fast enough to splat said bug. ZG's bike is so slow that at the speeds he is capable of, the bugs just bounce off.

And as for you C....     :battle:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 03:29:24 PM »
 :rotflmao:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
Delivered today and I just got them installed!  8) 

On their website they are listed for the 10+ model but fit the 08/09 perfect as well!  :thumbs:

Offline Gsun

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »

Regarding the topic of this thread.  I am fortunate to own machine tools and can create such items as these sliders with the benefit of being able to size them according to my own satisfaction.  I also have powder coat equipment and can either powder coat them or polish them.  Compared to the price of Top Block's creations and the shipping fees from France, a T6 aluminum rod is almost free, as is my labor. 

So, you say you can make these?

Offline ZG

• Arena
I should have also mentioned this in the prior post, but FYI the ProjektD swing arm sliders that I "had" on are 3/4", these Top Block sliders are 2".

:o :thumbs:

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »
So, you say you can make these?

Not what you have pictured.  I was referring to the sliders on the front axle and swingarm of ZG's C14.  Items such as these are relatively easy to make if you have the tools to do so.  The last paragraph in my post stated that I had just purchased and received the items in your pictures.
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
I should have also mentioned this in the prior post, but FYI the ProjektD swing arm sliders that I "had" on are 3/4", these Top Block sliders are 2".

Do you want to sell me the ProjektD's for a really good price?
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Gsun

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 10:57:19 PM »
Not what you have pictured.  I was referring to the sliders on the front axle and swingarm of ZG's C14.  Items such as these are relatively easy to make if you have the tools to do so.  The last paragraph in my post stated that I had just purchased and received the items in your pictures.
Dang!

Offline Conrad

Hey J, tell your wife that she did a nice job installing those new sliders.    :thumbs:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Sorry, I have dibs on those.

Hey J, tell your wife that she did a nice job installing those new sliders.    :thumbs:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But where did she find tools? Does she have her own?

Offline ZG

• Arena

Sorry bro, Gumbi already has dibs...

:battle:

Sorry, I have dibs on those.
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But where did she find tools? Does she have her own?

:battle:

Offline ZG

• Arena
And they work!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

See pics on this thread below...  :o

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8315.0

Offline Conrad

And they work!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

See pics on this thread below...  :o

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8315.0

Don't wanna.