Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456521 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1140 on: July 08, 2015, 11:07:41 AM »
:censored: me. Here's how they packed the bike for my PCS back to the states.

Do you prefer Styrofoam peanuts?

Damn, who did that? A bunch of chimps?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1141 on: July 08, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »
2 Italian guys....one was really old with one eye who apparently couldn't see what he was doing when they were loading it, he kept screaming at the other guy about how he was falling off the ramp. I really thought they were going to destroy it.

At the end of the day, there were no :censored: given, they thought it looked great. I was less than impressed.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1142 on: July 08, 2015, 01:56:07 PM »
It wasn't the Italian version of American Redball was it?  If so, start crying now.  They  :censored: ed up our stuff royally.  I hate them to this day and it's been over 45 years.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1143 on: July 08, 2015, 03:49:36 PM »
when I was Building COGZilla, I was buying tons of pieces parts off ebay....

I bought a complete Ninja head, it was shipped in a big carboard box, filled with crumpled newspaper.... yeah, that worked .... not. wasn't much left of that box when it arrived...it looked like a basketball, with holes...

then, the pristine set of carbs some braniac shipped in a box, with carbs still containing fuel... but he put them in a plastic bag...... full of foam peanuts.... nice mess that was....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1144 on: July 09, 2015, 12:06:07 AM »
It wasn't the Italian version of American Redball was it?  If so, start crying now.  They  :censored: ed up our stuff royally.  I hate them to this day and it's been over 45 years.

No, just some random company, sub contracted from a company out of Guam that is sub contracted by the contracted company in California. So basically if it gets f'd up, I'm in for a lengthy claims process. They also didn't bring enough crates so they had to take loose items, like the bottom half of my recliner that they forgot to put in the crate with the top half. I will be amazed if I ever see my grill again.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1145 on: July 09, 2015, 05:25:00 AM »
NASCAR. Mary Jane Tinklepants has more nads than NASCAR. Sniffle sniffle, the track is wet we can't race.  :'(  The cars are too fast. Someone might get hurt.  :'(  No Confederate flags. Someone might get offended.  :'( PUHLEEZE! If they are scared, get out of the business. You're paid BIG $ to put on a show. Get in the daggum car and drive! So it's wet, DRIVE! Maybe their high heels slip if the pedals are wet? Afraid of water splashing on their skirts? Whatever..
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1146 on: July 09, 2015, 08:27:26 AM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1147 on: July 09, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »
NASCAR. Mary Jane Tinklepants has more nads than NASCAR. Sniffle sniffle, the track is wet we can't race.  :'(  The cars are too fast. Someone might get hurt.  :'(  No Confederate flags. Someone might get offended.  :'( PUHLEEZE! If they are scared, get out of the business. You're paid BIG $ to put on a show. Get in the daggum car and drive! So it's wet, DRIVE! Maybe their high heels slip if the pedals are wet? Afraid of water splashing on their skirts? Whatever..

I believe that MotoGP and WSBK race in the rain.  Not sure about F1. 

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:chugbeer:

+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Online Strawboss

« Reply #1148 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:39 PM »
People in front of me at stop lights who start off then stop when the other lane get a green arrow thinking they should go, then 5 seconds later when they do get the green light, because they are texting, they just sit there not paying attention until I have to blow my horn, this has been happening with increased regularity over the past year or so. I know this is just distracted driving due to cell phone and texting, but now its another sub-problem I've noticed.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1149 on: July 09, 2015, 05:08:39 PM »
Hmmmmm. Looks like they spent all their transportation efforts making the trains run on time and there is nothing left over for packing....

::)

Really, the best of luck with the move but I have  to say, that does not look promising from the photo.

Brian

:censored: me. Here's how they packed the bike for my PCS back to the states.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #1150 on: July 09, 2015, 09:04:50 PM »
  the thing that gets me irritated is the arrogant desk clerks at "some" hotel chains ( noticed this past holiday wknd ) in regards to the room pricing. They would rather leave the room empty than to discount the room to "normal" room rates!  (Yes, I'm aware that they don't make the rates, but they could have a little better attitude). 
 Comfort Inn can K.M.A. if they think I'm going to pay $175 a nite for a room that's "maybe" worth $70!!! >:(  Then to top it off, they seemed a bit offended when I told them I'd sleep in the car before paying their rates & walked out of their office.
 Left Jamestown, N.Y. & drove back into Pa. about 20 miles away where we found a nice clean comfortable room for the aforementioned $70 too!  To top it off, the receptionist couldn't have been nicer; very cordial & made you feel welcome & that you were a valuable guest! ;D
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1151 on: July 10, 2015, 04:51:24 AM »

Well now, we wouldn't want her getting her skirt soiled now would we?

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1152 on: July 10, 2015, 05:13:03 AM »
Why yes, yes we would.  :P

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1153 on: July 10, 2015, 05:16:05 AM »
 :censored: :censored: rain! Seems like 40  :censored: days and 40  :censored: nights.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1154 on: July 10, 2015, 09:03:05 AM »
He said "soiled", not "oiled". Sheesh!

Brian

Why yes, yes we would.  :P
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1155 on: July 10, 2015, 11:25:47 AM »
Well now, we wouldn't want her getting her skirt soiled now would we?

I would actually watch NASCAR if there was more of this  :P

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1156 on: July 10, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
Someone has been landscaping in the neighborhood and the idiot contractors dropped pebbles (not one of the Flintstones) all over the route I take to get out of the subdivision.   :censored: ing  :censored: .

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #1157 on: July 11, 2015, 11:49:06 AM »
Me & the missus headin' out to b'fast this fine sunny a.m. in her car, s.bound on an 8 lane (4 north/4south) divided surface street, rollin' about 2-4 mph above the speedlimit in the left center lane...... NO other traffic heading s.bound w/in a block or so...
SH*T FOR BRAINS pulls out from the center u-turn lane INTO MY LANE no more than 10 car lengths ahead of me & proceeds to putz along below the speedlimit!!!! :banghead:
 I'll not mention what manuever I would've made if I had been driving my F150!!! ::)
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Online Strawboss

« Reply #1158 on: July 12, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »
I know all security measures can be defeated, all locks can be picked, all defenses can be breached. With all the things manufacturers are being forced to put into new cars to deal with idiots that text and talk while driving, isn't there a device that can be installed in every car that will jam or defeat cell phone signals or devices, or render them useless for the duration. I know, in 2 weeks, somebody would have a patch to go around it. But can't they look into that angle, instead of accepting defeat going on the offensive and coming up with things like that? I'm sure they have. Just thinking out loud.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1159 on: July 12, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »
Cell phones allow people to call 911, and passengers can safely talk on the phone while the driver is operating the car. They just can't block all cell traffic.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"