Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672054 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
Unemployment just gave her the boot. ;D She called to see if she could come back to work. :'(

Did you hire her back, at a pay cut of course?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
I cut up a fresh ripe pineapple at breakfast this morn, that's good eatin right there!    :P

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »
Pineapple makes me shudder.  I hates it I does.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2011, 01:40:02 PM »
Darn I want to add to this but I just can't thing of nuthin.
I will say this, I'm with Jim, not a big fan of the pineapple. I'll eat it, but it ain't my first choice.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Conrad

« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
You two need to branch out, fruit wise. What's your first choice then?

I just ate a honey crisp apple, that's good stuff too.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
Potato
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »

What few nails were around were always re-used if at all possible, again due to their value. One of the more common uses for nails was in the construction of doors of larger houses; nails somewhat longer than the thickness of both pieces of wood to be joined were used and the protruding tip of the nail was hammered over on the inside of the door. This made a very strong and permanent construction method but also guaranteed that nails used in this way could never be used again. Perhaps part of this usage was so that the wealthy could flaunt their affluence amongst the common people. In any event, it did yield a great English expression which is commonly used to this very day: “Dead as a doornail” or “Deader than a doornail”, meaning something that is so completely used up or worn out that it cannot be used any further no matter how much effort is applied.

I went to the Alamo last week and they have a door there that the nails are just as described here. I wondered at the time why they were like this. Thanks.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »
Potato

There seems to be some confusion here.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »
Situation normal...

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2011, 02:11:24 PM »
...All Fecked Up.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... I love honey crisp apples! They remind me of a slightly tart local apple we used to get from Jockey Hollow NJ when I was a kid but could never find in the west.

I just ate a honey crisp apple, that's good stuff too.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
Aaah...pineapple....reminds of this tiny town in north eastern corner of India... :'(

Pineapple was like a cent (converted from Rupies)
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2011, 02:31:33 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... I love honey crisp apples! They remind me of a slightly tart local apple we used to get from Jockey Hollow NJ when I was a kid but could never find in the west.

There's a apple orchard near my house and they specialize in honey crisps. They make these great apple doughnuts but the apple dumplings are amazing.

And Jim? No, they don't make potato dumplings there.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
Speaking of pineapple, go to this restaurant and order pineapple fried rice. It's so addicting it should be a controlled substance.

http://www.thaitownrestaurants.com/

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »
Sartre contends that human existence is a conundrum whereby each of us exists, for as long as we live, within an overall condition of nothingness (no thing-ness)—that ultimately allows for free consciousness. But simultaneously, within our (physical world) being, we are constrained to make continuous, conscious choices.
It is this dichotomy that causes anguish, because choice (subjectivity) represents a limit on freedom within an otherwise unbridled range of thoughts. Subsequently, humans seek to flee our anguish through action-oriented constructs such as escapes, visualizations or visions (dreams) designed to lead us toward some meaningful end, such as necessity, destiny, determinism (God), etc.
Thus, in living our lives, we often become unconscious actors—Bourgeois, Feminist, Worker, Party Member, Frenchman, Canadian or American—each doing as we must to fulfill our chosen characters' destinies.
But again, Sartre contends, our conscious choices, leading to often unconscious actions, run counter to our intellectual freedom. Yet we are bound to the conditioned, physical world—in which some form of action is always required. This leads to failed dreams of completion, as Sartre described them, because inevitably we are unable to bridge the void between the purity and spontaneity of thought and all-too constraining action; between the being and the nothingness that inherently coincide in our self.
COG 9250

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #175 on: November 11, 2011, 03:04:24 PM »
Ate pineapple fried rice at a local Vietnamese restaurant. It is addicting ! It did not come inside a pineapple though.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
Sartre contends that human existence is a conundrum whereby each of us exists, for as long as we live, within an overall condition of nothingness (no thing-ness)—that ultimately allows for free consciousness. But simultaneously, within our (physical world) being, we are constrained to make continuous, conscious choices.
It is this dichotomy that causes anguish, because choice (subjectivity) represents a limit on freedom within an otherwise unbridled range of thoughts. Subsequently, humans seek to flee our anguish through action-oriented constructs such as escapes, visualizations or visions (dreams) designed to lead us toward some meaningful end, such as necessity, destiny, determinism (God), etc.
Thus, in living our lives, we often become unconscious actors—Bourgeois, Feminist, Worker, Party Member, Frenchman, Canadian or American—each doing as we must to fulfill our chosen characters' destinies.
But again, Sartre contends, our conscious choices, leading to often unconscious actions, run counter to our intellectual freedom. Yet we are bound to the conditioned, physical world—in which some form of action is always required. This leads to failed dreams of completion, as Sartre described them, because inevitably we are unable to bridge the void between the purity and spontaneity of thought and all-too constraining action; between the being and the nothingness that inherently coincide in our self.

Nice post but I became unconscious (fell asleep) about halfway through and dreamt of eating pineapple doughnuts with The Dalai Lama.

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »
Nice post but I became unconscious (fell asleep) about halfway through and dreamt of eating pineapple doughnuts with The Dalai Lama.
The nothingness suits you then...

COG 9250

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
I love the core of the pineapple.  Bite off a chunk and chew on it for 5 minutes or so. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »
I want full credit for not responding to this....

Brian

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com