Author Topic: Aircraft we like..  (Read 243951 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Aircraft we like..
« Reply #700 on: May 12, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »
I get updates on that regularly...

I thought you meant this:

http://youtu.be/Xk6Y79vduEE
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #701 on: May 13, 2016, 08:35:55 AM »
Only lucky Jug pilot!

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #702 on: May 13, 2016, 04:25:42 PM »
Wow

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #703 on: May 13, 2016, 07:09:23 PM »
I had a bunch of Warbird aircraft parts that came with some other items I bought at an auction. I've sold some of the stuff but finally found a buyer for the lot of it. He came from Indiana and I brought the stuff down to South St Paul Flemming Field were the Commemerative Airforce wing for Mn gather. Some cool old planes that went up that day and many more under reconstruction in the hangar. I learned what some of the parts I had belonged to. The buyer is a member of the Indiana CAF and was there to get some check out hours in the yellow trainer.
Nothing sounds like a big radial engine firing up.

I had a cylinder and head for the Kinker 5 cylinder radial in the little Ryan trainer.
A cylinder for a inline inverted Ranger engine.
Carbs for a similar twin PW radial as well as a main crankshaft.
Carb for a V-12 Allison
All in all, it was a big trailer load for not much more than the price of the gas. Filled his truck with boxes two layers (and more)  deep. Hope to keep some history flying.
Pics:
1) B25(?) firing up second engine
2) Ryan trainer
3) I forget, but 600hp PW radial
Click on the pic to make full size image.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #704 on: May 13, 2016, 11:43:22 PM »
I think the 3rd is a Harvard. But I could be wrong  😃

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #705 on: May 16, 2016, 07:58:00 AM »
I think the 3rd is a Harvard. But I could be wrong  😃

Hard to tell the difference between a T6 and a Harvard. Saw a post that showed a different rear canopy but this one has a single piece rear canopy that was not original on either.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #706 on: May 18, 2016, 07:19:56 PM »

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #707 on: May 18, 2016, 07:21:17 PM »
Forgotten Warriors..........

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qexMo-2ZLos

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #709 on: May 19, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »
The B-52 is always one of my favorites.  They're more like a marvelous mechanical work of art nowadays.  Sad to hear one just went down in Guam during take-off.  Everyone survived the crash at least. :grouphug:
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #710 on: May 19, 2016, 09:07:24 AM »
The B-52 is always one of my favorites.  They're more like a marvelous mechanical work of art nowadays.  Sad to hear one just went down in Guam during take-off.  Everyone survived the crash at least. :grouphug:

I can't find any report that specifies if the crew ejected or rode it in. Since it was an aborted take off, I'm guessing they rode it in. The nav/bomb compartment ejects downward and needs a min altitude to eject. If they rode it in, miracle they all got out uninjured.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #712 on: May 19, 2016, 01:55:00 PM »
Stunning

Give me goose bumps scrolling thru those pics.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #713 on: May 19, 2016, 02:08:00 PM »

I vote B-52 also.  I've lived relatively close to Barksdale AFB my whole life and when I drive on I-20 through Bossier City, its a 50/50 chance they will be doing training passes.  They are giants of the air and it's difficult to accept how big they really are when flying over.  I've always wanted to take a tour of one and I've just never done it.

When I was a kid, I was always enamored with the von Richtofen Fokker triplane and I had a balsa wood glider made like one.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #714 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:48 PM »
Give me goose bumps scrolling thru those pics.

Know what yer mean ................so sharp, clean...........you can tell if the screw heads are in line !

Offline O.C.

CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #717 on: May 19, 2016, 04:53:13 PM »

WOW...stunning pictures thanks for sharing  :hail: 

Steady up OC.........over here you have to save all that  :hail: stuff for the man in the steel pants and shinney sword thingy .................... :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #718 on: May 19, 2016, 08:21:19 PM »
I vote B-52 also.  I've lived relatively close to Barksdale AFB my whole life and when I drive on I-20 through Bossier City, its a 50/50 chance they will be doing training passes.  They are giants of the air and it's difficult to accept how big they really are when flying over.  I've always wanted to take a tour of one and I've just never done it.

When I was a kid, I was always enamored with the von Richtofen Fokker triplane and I had a balsa wood glider made like one.

When I was a kid at Westover AFB (99th BW) MA, in the mid 60s, my dad would take us to the end of one of the runways and we would feel them land and take off.  Brings tears to my eyes thinking about it now. :'(   And these were tall tails, D models with Vietnam camo colors.  I'd give anything to relive that with my father.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR