Author Topic: Bag liners  (Read 35907 times)

Offline JS_racer

Re: Bag liners
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2014, 04:41:12 AM »
were there any liners that utilize the dent on the inside of the case for space, or are they all flat ??
thanks for the pictures SVonhof

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2014, 05:59:45 AM »
Food for thought. Even though I have 2 liners, I only use one and I use a cheap Wamart back pack on the the other side. It fits perfectly and has many compartments.  When I get to a hotel for the night, the back pack allows me to use my other hand for the tank bag so I only have to make one trip up to the room.  Quite frankly, if I had realized how convenient and how well the backpack works, I wouldn't have gotten the liners. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2014, 04:40:09 PM »
Food for thought. Even though I have 2 liners, I only use one and I use a cheap Wamart back pack on the the other side. It fits perfectly and has many compartments.  When I get to a hotel for the night, the back pack allows me to use my other hand for the tank bag so I only have to make one trip up to the room.

The Bestem bag liners have shoulder straps (as well as handles), so both can be carried on your back/sides, hands-free.... just pointing that out.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline petepro

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »
Food for thought. Even though I have 2 liners, I only use one and I use a cheap Wamart back pack on the the other side. It fits perfectly and has many compartments.  When I get to a hotel for the night, the back pack allows me to use my other hand for the tank bag so I only have to make one trip up to the room.  Quite frankly, if I had realized how convenient and how well the backpack works, I wouldn't have gotten the liners.

can you provide the brand type size of backpack.  maybe a pic or two.
2012 Concours 14abs - 2013 - Current
2002 BMW R1150R - 2012-2013
1995 Honda 750 Nighthawk - 2001-2009
1984 Suzuki GS1150ES - 1987

Offline texrider

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2014, 05:17:50 PM »
were there any liners that utilize the dent on the inside of the case for space, or are they all flat ??
thanks for the pictures SVonhof

I just received my set of RKA liners, and they are shaped to the inset areas. Nice bags too. 8)
2014 Valkyrie

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »
I just received my set of RKA liners, and they are shaped to the inset areas. Nice bags too. 8)

Yes, tho I really like the dual zipper styled top and some of the internal separations of the Bestems.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2014, 04:22:25 AM »

can you provide the brand type size of backpack.  maybe a pic or two.

It's made by Eastport (Walmart).  Sorry for no pic, but I am leaving for Eureka Springs this morning and everything is all packed up on the bike

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2014, 06:10:04 AM »
Don't know how I missed this thread I ordered a set of Bestem's last night and started a new thread about it and got  :battle:  ... ;D ...can't wait to try them

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2014, 06:28:11 AM »
If that's worst that happens today you're good. Remember this is the internet, it's all make believe anyway.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2014, 07:14:32 AM »
Don't know how I missed this thread I ordered a set of Bestem's last night and started a new thread about it and got  :battle:  ... ;D ...can't wait to try them

Oh come on now, it wasn't that bad...

You have reached the Outer Limits...

The Outer Limits Intro

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:09 AM »
Oh come on now, it wasn't that bad...

You have reached the Outer Limits...

The Outer Limits Intro
Is there a sarcasm smiley  :P
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:33:43 AM by 2talltim »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »
You know, I don't think that there is one for that.  We have a roll eyes smiley but I don't think that's the same.  I'll look into that.  We could sure use one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »
You know, I don't think that there is one for that.  We have a roll eyes smiley but I don't think that's the same.  I'll look into that.  We could sure use one.
It's like a second language for me

Offline jdanek

« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »
Maybe this can help. I'm happy with Kawasaki bags and zero problems to report.

FWIW, I just purchased the OEM bags from Ebay (PERFORMANCECYCLECENTER.COM ),  Kawasaki Part #: K53001-270

The bag are a bit different from the ones in your photos. There is an external pocket in the front (under the Concours 14 logo) but no external pocket on the other side.  Also no carrying handles, just the shoulder strap.  Mine seem to be legit OEM bags, looks like Kawi is cutting corners. Inside features are all there, computer pocket, pen holders, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS-14-SADDLEBAG-LINERS-WAS-132-95-NOW-119-95-FREE-SHIPPING-/281141117215?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417551011f&vxp=mtr

jd

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »
If that's worst that happens today you're good. Remember this is the internet, it's all make believe anyway.

Yeah, we like him, anyway :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »

:D