Author Topic: Ancestry  (Read 15961 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Ancestry
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:21 PM »
You young whippersnapper you, always finding a way to flaunt your youth in our faces!  :P

Get off my lawn sonny boy!  :)

Sorry about that old timer!   ;)

Do they have money?  Maybe they will adopt you.

I'm hoping! Better late than never.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »
Shouldn't be that hard to trace since people have only been on earth for 5000 years.

Uh huh...

One of the things that does make it hard is that over this 5000 or so years  ;) the census takers in this county didn't do a very good job (imagine that, our government workers screwing things up). Some of the names were changed or misspelled by the census takers and that makes things much more difficult.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
It's not just the census takers, it's the family members giving the information.  They named themselves whatever name they were using at the time, at least with my relatives.  If someone was known with a nickname, that's what they told the census people. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »
Shouldn't be that hard to trace since people have only been on earth for 5000 years.

:rotflmao:
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »

Ask T Cro, he was around back then.  ::)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2016, 07:32:38 AM »
Oh no you din't!    :popcorn:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
If he wasn't, Rick Hall was.  :rotflmao: :hitfan:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2016, 10:58:27 PM »
A bit of useless info. My Mom's cousin did some digging in her side of the family tree, and has traced it back to 1687. French Settlers came to South Africa, seeking new opportunities back then.

Bare in mind that the first Europeans here were Dutch, and settled here in 1652.

The cousin has forwarded everyone that is still alive a copy of the family tree, which is in it's 12th generation since the French settled here in the late 1600's.

He has actually travelled to France as well,. to do some more research, and has found that we are actually descendants of the Cardinal de' Richelieu.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:52:06 PM by Hooligan »
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2016, 08:58:47 AM »
A distant c ousin was attending school in France and did some research. Found the family in Italy as far back as 600 AD.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2016, 01:05:00 PM »
A bit of useless info. My Mom's cousin did some digging in her side of the family tree, and has traced it back to 1687. French Settlers came to South Africa, seeking new opportunities back then.

Bare in mind that the first people here were Dutch, and settled here in 1652.

The cousin has forwarded everyone that is still alive a copy of the family tree, which is in it's 12th generation since the French settled here in the late 1600's.

He has actually travelled to France as well,. to do some more research, and has found that we are actually descendants of the Cardinal de' Richelieu.

There were no "people" there before the Dutch?

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 05:04:41 PM »
Oh, I feel like the KoolAid man wanting to bust through the door. I can hardly contain myself.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banana :banana :banana

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 10:51:34 PM »
There were no "people" there before the Dutch?

Correction.... Europeans... (or civilised people if you will)...

It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2016, 05:50:16 AM »
Correction.... Europeans... (or civilised people if you will)...

Civilized? That's certainly open for review...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
Oh man, this is getting good!  :popcorn: :popcorn: :rotflmao:   Oh I needed that.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2016, 06:32:42 AM »
Oh man, this is getting good!  :popcorn: :popcorn: :rotflmao:   Oh I needed that.

Are we amusing you?    :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »
Endless amusement from the members.....priceless.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »
I know how that 'popped in' but it would take a few drawings and a LOT of 'Easy Boys!'

My ancestry goes back at least 400,000 years and I am related to just about everyone living on the planet right now. I am not entirely pleased with that fact but what can I do? Besides, we are all in the same boat no matter which system you believe in: if you follow the creation idea, we are all related. If you follow the evolution thought, it is current scientific belief that at one point, the species that would become "us" was down to a gene pool of less than 600 beings.... meaning again that we are all related. The idea does have a couple of interesting dimensions: if correct, I am related to Adolph Hitler, Mao, Ted Bundy, Joseph Lucas (A.K.A. The Prince of Darkness) et al. .... but I am also related to Fermi, 'Big Al', Leibniz, Copernicus and that guy who invented the wheel.

Brian

I've been using it for awhile and have traced my father's side back to the 1600's in England.  Did the DNA thing (and now the NSA has everything they need) and the results are GB 46% (makes sense as Mom was full on English), Western European 26%, Ireland 15%, Scandinavia 6%, and trace amounts from Finland/Northwest Russia, Italy/Greece, and the Iberian Peninsula, with just a scoche of Pacific Islander (have no clue how that popped in.

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2016, 04:41:00 PM »
I just sent my wife's in and we'll see how much American Indian she has...I'm guessing none.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2016, 05:57:47 AM »
I just sent my wife's in and we'll see how much American Indian Native American she has...I'm guessing none.

FTFY :)

And I insist everyone start using the term "European American" instead of "White".  Since everyone else gets to be "XXXXXXX American".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc