Author Topic: WHAT KIND OF HELMENT DOES EVERYONE WEAR?  (Read 9649 times)

Offline mntbiker-junkie

Re: WHAT KIND OF HELMENT DOES EVERYONE WEAR?
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »
HJC RPHA helmet.  I also have an egg shaped head and previously was wearing an Aria Signet.  I'm very happy with the RPHA

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »

Looks like he was doing this for too long...  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline Canada-Dan

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 09:10:36 PM »
I wear a Bell Vortex - Flying Tiger when its cold. The most comfortable helmet I've ever owned and cheap too. 
And the Mrs and I have a set of Bell  Mag 9 with our Sena headsets mounted.  I am a huge fan of the Mag 9 and we picked them up on sale as well.  We always wear ear plugs. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2013, 07:17:41 AM »
You mean like Payton?

With the size of that forehead it's no surprise!

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bacaruda

• GTR1400 2013 Black
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2013, 07:29:17 AM »
Arai Viper GT.

The most comfy helmet ever for me. A little noisy, but that doesn't matter behind Calsci Large screen. Total silence. (until now. put on a Muzzy slipon instead of OEM potato-cannon...)
Brought another silver Viper Gt for my wife so now we look like real dorks riding with identical gears.
GTR1400 -13 black (Thunder Nugget)
ZRX 1100 -98 Vivid orange/silver/Black
ZRX 1200 -02 Colour: TBD
Yamaha WR250F -02 Hurricane Yellow

Offline palooka

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 05:29:18 PM »
Shark Evoline 3.

It's a nice helmet that can covert to a half-helmet on the go. The helmet shape is for round-shape heads. I have an oval head and it works fine but sometimes I feel pressure at the top-front of my head after an hour's drive. I find it's great to switch it to a full-face for cold rides, and half face for any other times.

The helmet when in half-face is streamlined and isn't quite like a rhino head like the Shoei Multitec (or neotec). I have a multi-tec also but I just use that for sport-riding.

The cheek pads and all of the padding inside of the helmet can come off for cleaning.

For the spirit of a half-helmet but the convenience of going to a full-helmet I would recommend looking into them.

Offline Canada-Dan

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »
I love the story and the history behind the Bell Flying Tiger paint scheme.
It pays respect to a small group of brave and heroic men. 
I'm proud to wear the Bell Flying Tiger helmet and I enjoy telling the near forgotten story everytime someone asks me about it.

Offline Charlie747

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »
Shoei Qwest......for sure not junk.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Stephen.Stallebrass

• Not all those who wander are lost
    • AdventureVagabond
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 04:23:21 AM »
I have the Arai Tour X4 (XD4) and it's a great helmet... I wear it on my F800 GS but not when I'm on the GTR it just looks odd. I wear a budget Nitro flip-up helmet on the GTR.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »
I have the Arai Tour X4 (XD4) and it's a great helmet... I wear it on my F800 GS but not when I'm on the GTR it just looks odd. I wear a budget Nitro flip-up helmet on the GTR.

I have Shoei Hornet DS I got for my DR-650 but it's so comfortable I wear it on the C14. I'm sure it looks odd as well. And let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 12:24:02 PM »

I have Shoei Hornet DS I got for my DR-650 but it's so comfortable I wear it on the C14. I'm sure it looks odd as well. And let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

Nice

I have several off road helmets, but next will be a DS helmet
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
Steve, you should give the Icon Variant a look see, the CF version is a bit lighter and is my preferred helmet for DS use :)