Author Topic: Kids and Their Cars  (Read 11027 times)

Offline shreveportSS

Re: Kids and Their Cars
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »
Have no idea what a "TBSS" is, but Concours stats I have show 2010-2012 with 1/4mi 10.76sec @ 126MPH.  Of course, those are what I read.  I would never attempt to do it, myself :)

Also:  0-60 2.9sec  0-100 6.8sec

No, I don't remember the sources.  But I did seek confirmation from several places before making my "official" notes.
Not with a 240lbs rider. ;D
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 10:05:35 PM »
My TBSS will carry me down the 1320 quicker than my Connie. Close though. 11.0@122mph to 11.23@124
A four wheeler with an auto is way easier to launch than a Connie. Even so 11.0 is too fast, you must be running nitrous.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Leo

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 09:03:18 AM »
I did a web search on TBSS, and the only vehicle related site I saw was "Trail Blazer Super sport".  It seemed devoted to hopping up GM Trailblazers.  The man has an 11 second SUV?   that seems pretty fast for an overgrown station wagon.  I would say it could not be stock.   I would race him with my C-10,  from Indianapolis to Chicago, and we each get only 5 gallons of gas....... ;)
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
The crew I ride with (a Christian cycle group - and a bunch of nice guys) is full of mostly cruisers and G-Wings.  My Brother has the M109R muscle cruiser, and after our ride up to Lake George, NY we switched bikes, and not only was my brother in love with the ergos of the C14 (which surprised me, but I guess the clam shell position of the M109R  cramps his lower back) he apologized for the relaxed pace the group set. He said, "I had no idea we were keeping you back. This bike is amazing!" While riding in the group he was keeping to the 65 MPH speed limit just above idle in 5th gear. I told him, "yup, I just idle along saving gas while you guys are on the stick."
During our ride up I87 to Lake Placid, NY we were in a line staggered and were passing a convoy of trucks. we moved left to pass, and punched it. My brother leaped our entire line of bikes when we moved right after the pass. He said, "Bro! this bike is sick! I moved out to pass with the group and the bike kept going! I just couldn't stop!" I told him leaving it in 5 or 6th gear was enough to keep up while we passed, bumping it down to 4th gear was way over kill.

Anyway, he may join the forum soon. He's been looking at used C14s on line and at the local bike dealers. He's in lust again, and has found a new excitement for biking  in the C14. The funny thing is he's the one that turned me onto this bike. Back in 2007 he saw the new C14 and said it was the bike for me. He was right, and I suspect its the bike for him too. 
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
I love showing people what my bagger can do. 8)

Just don't try and follow me, cause I'll check out on 'ya. ;)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 02:30:57 PM »
Not with a 240lbs rider. ;D

You are too big... I am only 160 :P
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
I did a web search on TBSS, and the only vehicle related site I saw was "Trail Blazer Super sport".  It seemed devoted to hopping up GM Trailblazers. 

LOL- I did the same thing!  I said "Trailblazer??? OK, obviously he means something else".  But found the entry on Wikipedia, finally.  The TBSS has a huge, 6 liter V8 gas engine with an *estimated* 0-60 of 5.8 sec and 14.2 1/4 mile.   Even though it is an SUV, it looks like it wouldn't lag that far behind my Infiniti G37S (0-60 in 5.3 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.6), but only in a straight line, of course.

The Concours will beat both, fairly easily, stock.  Well, unless you weigh 600 pounds or something ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
I was talking to my daughter on the phone awhile back and she told me her boyfriend just bought a Harley, suppose to be a really beefed up motor on it. I told him to ask him if he wanted to race for pink slips, after she told him what I rode, he said "NO THANK YOU"  ;)

Is there something we need to know about your "daughter"?    ;D

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »
LOL- I did the same thing!  I said "Trailblazer??? OK, obviously he means something else".  But found the entry on Wikipedia, finally.  The TBSS has a huge, 6 liter V8 gas engine with an *estimated* 0-60 of 5.8 sec and 14.2 1/4 mile.   Even though it is an SUV, it looks like it wouldn't lag that far behind my Infiniti G37S (0-60 in 5.3 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.6), but only in a straight line, of course.

The Concours will beat both, fairly easily, stock.  Well, unless you weigh 600 pounds or something ;)
Stock, mine went 13.8. It ain't stock no more.
here is a nice little streetable one. Later it went 9.03@151.
NSF for language. GD word at the end.
TT TBSS does wheel stand
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 10:06:47 PM »
Stock, mine went 13.8. It ain't stock no more.
here is a nice little streetable one. Later it went 9.03@151.
NSF for language. GD word at the end.
[video]

DAAAAAMN!

Well, if non-stock, all kinds of things are possible (for the Concours, too).  Of course, the whole point of this thread is that there are very few non-exotic, stock street cars(/trucks) that can outperform a plain 'ol, stock Concours.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »
the big "fart can" equipped cars are so fast...just ask their drivers

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 11:00:40 PM »
I can think of a few big fart can cars that are "very fast". Of course they do not look anything like that.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 04:42:45 AM »
the big "fart can" equipped cars are so fast...just ask their drivers

That baby looks fast just sittin still! Add a couple of 'R' stickers and you got a rocket right there!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 05:37:44 AM »
Noise makes power. The kid will probably buy a Harley next.

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 09:36:47 AM »
That baby looks fast just sittin still! Add a couple of 'R' stickers and you got a rocket right there!

Don't forget the 'Turbo' ones too  ::)

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
Don't forget the 'Turbo' ones too  ::)

Probably has Nitrous and is VERY fast!!  8)
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »
guys, guys... you're missing the point. What makes it so fast are the tinted windows, duh!
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:52 AM »
guys, guys... you're missing the point. What makes it so fast are the tinted windows, duh!

And once he gets done tellling all the riceboys how fast he is, they can all sit down to a full course meal using that rear bumper as the dinning table.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Leo

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 11:03:41 AM »
I lost a race to a plant manager with a professionally hopped up 928s Porsche.  I was on my 20 year old bone stock Yamaha XS 850 with a plexiglass windshield.  He took me pretty smartly but we were up to 105 or so before he went by.  Later, I told him I still won.  He looked puzzled so I explained that he spent $77,900 on a car that he put about another $20,000 into just to beat a guy on a 20 year old $900 motorcyle riding on bald dunlap touring tires.   With a smile he told me to "go forth and reproduce" and went back in his office. 

BTW shreveport, those are some pretty fast SUV's.  I'll bet the one in the video doesn't haul many kids to soccer practice anymore.
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »
I lost a race to a plant manager with a professionally hopped up 928s Porsche.  I was on my 20 year old bone stock Yamaha XS 850 with a plexiglass windshield.  He took me pretty smartly but we were up to 105 or so before he went by.  Later, I told him I still won.  He looked puzzled so I explained that he spent $77,900 on a car that he put about another $20,000 into just to beat a guy on a 20 year old $900 motorcyle riding on bald dunlap touring tires.   With a smile he told me to "go forth and reproduce" and went back in his office. 

BTW shreveport, those are some pretty fast SUV's.  I'll bet the one in the video doesn't haul many kids to soccer practice anymore.

Fun cars! I had an 86 awhile back, it was black of course...  8)