Author Topic: Kids and Their Cars  (Read 11025 times)

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
Re: Kids and Their Cars
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
Stock, mine went 13.8. It ain't stock no more.
here is a nice little streetable one. Later it went 9.03@151.
NSF for language. GD word at the end.
TT TBSS does wheel stand

I ain't gonna lie, I read the caption Trailblazer wheel stand, and I'm sitting here at work I said BULLSH!T out loud!  That's pretty impressive!  Is that a plastic body?  The hookup is damned impressive! 

Now while we are sharing stories, I was riding home on an old country two lane highway that is frequented by bikers.  The road is pretty abandoned and ends at a Ferry.  The only way across the Mississippi is via the ferry.  I was on the gas, running about 70 in a 55 when I passed a county boy going the other way.  It's a two lane road, and not many places to turn around.  I saw him hit the brakes as I went by, so I knew he was coming.  I pulled over and sat there thinking about all the hell I was gonna hear from momma when she finds out I got another ticket.  I was just sitting there when he rolled up behind me.   He said "Damn, I just knew you were going to make me chase you", I told him that I wouldn't ever run from the law.  In my mind I knew there wasn't anywhere to go, I sure as hell wasn't going to sit down at the ferry with everyone watching as I get a ticket.  I said I was just hot footin' out here in the country, trying to get back for dinner.  He asked me about the bike, I told him what it was.  He explained to me that getting home alive for dinner was more important.  I said yes sir (he was younger than me), he smiled and got back in the cruiser.  True story, never forget it. 
What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler

voileauciel

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
Only "race" I've ever been in on my C-10, I lost.

To a Ferrari Testarossa.

When I hit 120, I couldn't go any faster, and he kept accelerating.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 04:20:08 PM »
That doesn't happen on a C14.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 04:22:39 PM »
That baby looks fast just sittin still! Add a couple of 'R' stickers and you got a rocket right there!

I sincerely hope your sarcasm mode was on when you said that.....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2012, 04:25:53 AM »
I sincerely hope your sarcasm mode was on when you said that.....

It was, you can automatically assume such whenever you see me mention 'R' stickers.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:22 AM »
That doesn't happen on a C14.

+1 or is that +154?     8)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 04:32:41 AM »
It was, you can automatically assume such whenever you see me mention 'R' stickers.

Thank goodness.  I was a bit worried over that statement but then I realized you have a Jetta.   :rotflmao:    I can't talk much as I have a Prius but what the heck, eh?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 04:45:43 AM »
Thank goodness.  I was a bit worried over that statement but then I realized you have a Jetta.   :rotflmao:    I can't talk much as I have a Prius but what the heck, eh?

That's right! Besides, we more than make up for it with our superior colored C14s!

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 04:51:31 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »
I think I've been passed by two cages in my life. They paid the price in the long run. Nobody comes around the Jman. Nobody. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:37 AM »
I think I've been passed by two cages in my life. They paid the price in the long run. Nobody comes around the Jman. Nobody. 8)

Nobody in a cage you mean?    ;)

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »

Ya'll can joke about an "R" its not gonna beat a C-14 ,but I have moved to 140 MPH and still pulling well in my 2004 R32.....real R here....and its a hell of lot less frightening than the same on a bike...only have done 130..well 2-up not scary but impressive and time to slow down as was 140 in the R.

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 04:29:58 AM »
What's the point in doing it in a cage?