Author Topic: The trip is on..... PA to SD in Cali... Half done in sd now  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Dan

Re: The trip is on..... any pointers??? PA to SD in Cali...
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »
Will do Rick, we may synch the carbs on her, might be the last project, Bodo said he has the mercury sticks..????

Ok

Have  a great one.

Dan

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »
If he doesn't (doubtful), I do. As well as other spiffy tools.

Safe trip, I look forward to your arrival in CO  ;D

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 06:28:59 AM »
Tank bag with the hydration system is GREAT, I just bought the Rekon 19 and it seems to be just what I was looking for!  Aleve, Gorilla Tape, extra gloves, Aerostich suit...awwww now I'm just rambling.

Offline Dan

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 09:55:45 AM »
Nice...
 :)

Offline Dan

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
Well all we  made it,
Bike did well, needs an oil change.. and a speedo cable, all else is good....

All was good, a lil rough around chicago, 3 pm sky way jacked up terrible traffic, and some heat, 12 hr day till we made it to Wisconsin, beaver dam......

Rested at my cousins.... She was great, got to meet her family, wonderful,

Then off to 94 t 90? 
And we were off, to Sioux falls, crazy town, Quads cruisin down the streets, cars racing,,,, crazy...
Then mt rushmore..  Awesome, almost met a very nice large Mule deer acrually was runin at me, hit the horn, the deer entered the road and turned, very scary....  Off to the bad lands, and yes we stopped ar wall drug, worth the 5 cent coffee,  then headed for sturgis.... have to recheck the notes and map if I am confused, but sturgis was fun, and we rode a canyon down there....  Same one my parents went thru in a big black 65 chrysler Ny convertible when he came back from vietnam....  Ok off to Yellowstone, way to late and too far, got in a hurry and rold ro slow down... By the Wy  boss man, here is a learned lesson, 1 he pulled over my friend, I pulled over a few 100 yards away, he waved me in, I should have kept going, he wrote me up. He is the boss..... 110 bucks. what u gonna do...   Oh well, So we made it to Cody Wyoming for July 4th, safe and sound and that was fine....  Next entered yellowstone, simply awesome...  Saw a grizz, were in the park when the attack occurred... Spent 2 days, near the old faithful inn...   Saw too many buffalo, and some big elk, and a guy on a light blue c 10, not sure? around july 6th...  Loked at the map, and went thru the tetons, down to salt lake, from there to vegas, 2 days, then hit the desert at 6 am, nice ride, were in n sd by 10pm, and the coast was great.......  When I arrived in sd we headed out to yuma AZ, in a truck with some jet boats and jet skis my friends own here, we had some fun on the colorado river and jumpin some cliffs, water skiing and wake boardin, that beat me up more than the mc ride, wow...  Now in sd for 3 weeks, my riding partner is headed home, on a jet plane....  Leavin his bike w his brther,,, I am planning to ride up the coast thru portland, then over and back to yellowstone, c some new friends and new sites as we did not get to c enough, ride the bear tooth, and then thought about ridin back on 94, eventually meeting a cousin again in Wisconsin, maybe 2 days from home, and then hmmm back to work....  Have a great day all.  Hope my story did not bore you, And there is more to add... :) ;) :D