Author Topic: Idiot motorcyclist gets busted.  (Read 719 times)

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Idiot motorcyclist gets busted.
« on: November 26, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-55079524
180Mph, fake plates, blew through several red lights, wrong way on a motorway.
It'll be a miracle if he avoids jail and he can kiss his drivers permit goodbye for years.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline JP

Re: Idiot motorcyclist gets busted.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »
19 year olds are indestructible right? ::)

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 03:13:54 PM »
Don't think he has learned his lesson. It would have been better if he crashed into the guardrails.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 08:36:09 PM »
19 year olds are indestructible right? ::)

To be fair, I was a very safe driver at 19.  And 18.  And 17.  As were many.  But statistically, the young do tend to be more reckless.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 04:48:13 AM »
Don't think he has learned his lesson. It would have been better if he crashed into the guardrails.

So you think it would have been a better lesson if he had crashed at 180 mph and probably have died?

Better lesson for who? His family?   >:(
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 05:54:24 AM »
So you think it would have been a better lesson if he had crashed at 180 mph and probably have died?  Better lesson for who? His family?   >:(

I can't speak for "DC Concours".  But I can say that I understand the sentiment- this guy is likely to end up injuring or killing someone else.  If it came down to it, I would rather him die and the threat to us all be over than someone innocent to die due to his extraordinary recklessness and disregard for everyone.  Of course, in such a case, there is no lesson to the perp who died, can't learn anything when you are dead.

On the way home just last night, I saw a driver 1/3 mile ahead slam on the brakes and STOP in the middle of the right lane on 64 (with traffic going 65MPH) because he decided he didn't want to miss an exit ramp.  He then made a sharp 90 degree turn across solid lines to get the ramp.  A week earlier I saw another driver BACK DOWN AN EXIT RAMP because it was the wrong ramp for him!  These people seem to care nothing about the safety of others.  Instead of just going to the next ramp, they somehow decide that the instant "correction" of their own mistake and subsequent inconvenience is worth such extremely dangerous behavior.

I have been driving a long time, it could be my observations are skewed somehow, but it seems like every year, I see an increasing amount of such insane behavior, as if driving is were video game.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 06:27:22 AM »
To be fair, I was a very safe driver at 19.  And 18.  And 17.  As were many.  But statistically, the young do tend to be more reckless.

I had no choice but to be safe...63 Ford Fairlane with a two speed transmission coupled to a 170 six.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline greenie

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 11:15:55 AM »
 “anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac” George Carlin