Author Topic: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!  (Read 116325 times)

Offline viper

Re: MCE Canyon Cage Group Buy thru May 31st!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 03:18:04 PM »
hi guys , this group buy has just popped up on our uk site, im keen to buy and maybe a few others over here. The sucker punch for us maybe the postage , we can get the adventure bars here , which i was just about to order . Can you give us a price for the additional postage to the uk and then we can work out the exchange rate and see how the deal stacks up, the 25% is looking certain now .

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
I have no data on how many of each year bikes were sold (was discussed in a separate thread, but it is confidential data that Kawasaki doesn't release).  Logically, there were only two model years for gen 1 and we are now into 3 model years of gen 2 (who knows if there will be a 4th year of gen 2).  But there might have been more interest in the bike when it first came out- so it might be a wash for now.

But other factors come into play-  the older bikes are more likely to already have some type of drop/crash protection, and the newer bike owners are more likely to be nervous about adding drop/crash protection.  It will be interesting to see how the statistics play out :)

Hmmmm, that is interesting. It'd be intriguing to know how many bikes of a certain year they sold...

Yeah- excellent indeed!  We might have to start hounding Ryan to move UP the deadline (closer to now) so we can get things moving faster ;)

I wonder- has word leaked out to the "other" Concours group yet?

Hahahahahaha! Unfortunately moving the deadline up wouldn't do much to quicken the process because we're basically anchored by the production schedule. The bars are going to take roughly 4-5 weeks to manufacture regardless of the Group Buy guidelines. We are planning on getting the 2009 Connie in here soon, though! I can't wait til we start design work on that Canyon Cage!

Also, word has definitely leaked out! I believe someone posted a thread over at the COG forum and I'm sure other places as well! We should have absolutely no problem hitting the maximum discount. Especially because we're already at 28 orders!

hi guys , this group buy has just popped up on our uk site, im keen to buy and maybe a few others over here. The sucker punch for us maybe the postage , we can get the adventure bars here , which i was just about to order . Can you give us a price for the additional postage to the uk and then we can work out the exchange rate and see how the deal stacks up, the 25% is looking certain now.

Oh, man, that's awesome! Yea, I could see postage being an issue for some of you international guys but with the 25% discount it may actually come close. Postage to the UK is going to be roughly $45-$55 depending on the exact package weight and recipients postal/zip code. With the maximum discount you're looking at saving nearly $75 though so it may actually be worth it.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
Yeah, I've cross posted it to COG, sporttour.net, a couple of ZG/GTR facebook pages, and Two Wheeled Texans.  ;)  Yeah, I want the max discount. ;)
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Kwikasfuki

• Uk GTR Forum
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »
It would be more cost effective to ship one parcel to the uk. There's import duty (5% of the total cost inc shipping) and VAT (20% on top of the final total) that needs to be considered as well. Also the handling fee

$300 + $50 (shipping) = $350

£217 at current exchange rate
+ 5% import = £227.85
 + 20% VAT = 275.42
+ £15 handling fee = £288.42

If one parcel was shipped and depending on the number of buyers, there would be a saving made there but I reckon it'd still come to around the £250 mark

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 04:26:28 PM »
250 pounds?  Are you filling them with concrete????

Sorry....just kidding.  A guy on a cruiser forum I used to frequent filled his highway bars with concrete to "make them stronger"....  ummmmm.....hmmmmm.......
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline viper

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »
the postage kills this for us, with the 25% bulk discount they are coming in at the same price as our " adventure bars" , with all the charges added on like our vat then its a very expensive option . It works great for you guys stateside.

The other thing with overseas stuff is the cost implication of sending back  if there was any warranty issue on them ,

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »
Many of us who wanted the Top Blocks understand what you're saying.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 05:23:38 PM »

Yep
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 06:46:12 PM »
Sorry Ryan, not to hijack your thread, but..............an FYI for those interested, Necron99 and I are sending our "raw" bars directly to a gent here in North Texas for color match powder coating for our blue C14s. He has done similar work for another member active here, who may share photos, but I won't volunteer him:)

Anyway, the powder coater has mentioned to me that he would be open to doing more, and his work is excellent. You would need to contact him directly to work out any shipping details and pricing, but the samples I've seen on the blue appears to be right on, and I am sure he can get as close to the red or silver.

If you are interested, PM me and I can direct you to his info.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 10:14:11 PM »
Hmmmm, that is interesting. It'd be intriguing to know how many bikes of a certain year they sold...

Well I can't comment on #'s sold but this should give you a feel for the years owned on this forum, the data on this poll seems to show you'll have more 08/09 potential customers than 10+...  :-\

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=41.new#new

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:50:12 AM by ZG »

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 06:03:47 AM »
There are a ton of assumptions inherent in that conclusion.  ;)  Anecdotal at best.  My personal anecdote...I hadn't even SEEN that poll until you posted it here.  Less than 200 respondents out of well over 2000 forum members, not a terrible representative sample, I don't suppose.  But still a ton of assumptions.  You could be correct, I'm not saying you're not.  But I'll guarantee you this.... at SOME point the 10+ either have or guaranteed will be more units on the road than the 08 09.  So the 10+ is a growing market segment.  And as Ryan stated earlier, their data shows that the 10+ outsells the 09- on their other items.  Straight numbers don't indicate...  maybe someone paying 8k for a used bike is less likely to spend 500 on tip over protection than someone paying closer to 15k.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 06:30:54 AM »

I checked it out and it is just as expensive to buy Top Blocks here in France with no postage as it is to get it delivered to my house in CO. I expect taxes have a lot to do with that.

Offline 2004ej

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 08:03:45 AM »
Order #30!!!'
Happy to be here!

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 08:10:45 AM »
It would be more cost effective to ship one parcel to the uk. There's import duty (5% of the total cost inc shipping) and VAT (20% on top of the final total) that needs to be considered as well. Also the handling fee

$300 + $50 (shipping) = $350

£217 at current exchange rate
+ 5% import = £227.85
 + 20% VAT = 275.42
+ £15 handling fee = £288.42

If one parcel was shipped and depending on the number of buyers, there would be a saving made there but I reckon it'd still come to around the £250 mark

I know it probably won't make a huge difference but remember to use $225 instead of $300 for your cost calculations as you guys have basically reached the 25% discount! It appears as though it's the VAT that really screws you guys over. That's lame that they charge you guys so much to import stuff!

Sorry Ryan, not to hijack your thread, but..............

No problem, my friend! It wasn't a total hijack because you're giving pertinent information!

Well I can't comment on #'s sold but this should give you a feel for the years owned on this forum, the data on this poll seems to show you'll have more 08/09 potention customers than 10+...  :-\

Hmmmm, that's an interesting thread. I wish more people would have voted but that does seem to indicate quite a few 08-09 owners as opposed to 10-12...

Straight numbers don't indicate...  maybe someone paying 8k for a used bike is less likely to spend 500 on tip over protection than someone paying closer to 15k.

I definitely think this has something to do with it. I've noticed that people are less likely to shell out top dollar for protection when they paid nearly half as much for their bike. Also, people who buy bikes brand new seem to be more attached to their machines and tend to take better care of them. It seems to me that people who buy used bikes worry as much about tiny scuffs and scratches. Of course this isn't the case with everyone, I'm speaking generally.

Order #30!!!'

Thanks for your order! One more until we hit the maximum discount! Great job, you guys!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 02:59:23 PM »

Well I can't comment on #'s sold but this should give you a feel for the years owned on this forum, the data on this poll seems to show you'll have more 08/09 potential customers than 10+...  :-\

Just a note, but until today's bump, there was no activity on that thread for almost a full year :)   
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
Hey everyone! We're now up to 33 orders so congrats on hitting the 25% discount threshold! Our first production run of the Canyon Cages is for 50 sets so there are 17 left to be claimed. If you're serious about purchasing one of these cages and don't want to get stuck waiting for a second production run you may want to get your order in! Keep in mind we don't charge your credit card until we ship so all you're doing by placing your order early is making sure there is a set saved for you!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2012, 05:13:11 PM »
The second run will be after the gen 1 development, right? ;)

Offline v10killer

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
My order is in at #35....... Woo Hoo!!!! That takes care of this weeks overtime $$..

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2012, 05:42:45 PM »
The second run will be after the gen 1 development, right? ;)

I bet if they hit 75+ units in the next couple weeks the production on the next 50 will get moved up.  ;)  But I doubt that the development of the 08/09 is much dependent on the production run.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline BlueC14

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2012, 09:06:52 PM »
Ryan, I've read the posts re adding highway pegs to the Canyon Cage bar but is it possible to use the cage itself as a highway peg, even if just resting one's outstretched foot on top of what appears to be a horizontal bar?
Dreamed of being a Harley guy but Connie called me ...
1987 Honda Helix 250cc Scooter - bought/started riding in 2009 (sold)
2010 Kawa Concours14 / Ronnie's Highway Pegs, Kaoko Throttle Lock