Author Topic: Welp... Dropped my new to me 2012 Connie on the first day. Uggggg  (Read 692 times)

Offline MichiganRider

Well here is the story.  Had been looking for a Connie to go with my 2019 Goldwing Tour, finally found one yesterday in Des Moine Iowa.  Found it on CycleTrader.  Drove from Michigan to DesMoine with my trailer, was 1300 miles round trip.
This Connie only has 3400 miles on it. Has Saddleman seat, highway pegs, passenger backrest, so it’s just how I would want one, best part is I got it for $5,000   I get there to pick it up, and as the seller is about to put it up on the trailer, a gust of wind catches him off guard ,and over it went!!  We both look at each other oh oh.  We pick it up, and thankfully the highway pegs to the brunt, and it had some scratches on the BREAKAWAY mirror on the right side, really wasn’t the anything to worry about.  Well the story has another part.  Today after washing it up, I decide to take a quick spin to get some water off it, and as I’m about to pull out of the driveway I have to hesitate due to oncoming traffic, as I do I put my left foot down, and I slip on some rocks, and down I it goes.  So it has now been dropped two days in a row, once by the seller on the right side, and once by the new owner on the left side. I pick up the bike and do some examining, and has about the same light damage to the right side that’s hardly noticeable.  In ending my story, what’s the odds of that happening. I have to say I love the bike, totally different than the Goldwing, but a nice second bike.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Welp... Dropped my new to me 2012 Connie on the first day. Uggggg
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 11:32:18 PM »
Eeeeeww.  Sorry to hear that!  But congrats.  Maybe now you have used up any bad karma.

I hadn't dropped mine, ever... which was amazing, but had a few close calls and knew it was coming and got the Canyon crash bars.  Not long after that, I was trying to adjust clothing at a stop and leaned over too much and the angle created weight I simply could not handle (damn my short legs), over she went!  The bars completely saved everything.  They paid for themselves, although they are very annoying for maintenance work.

The C14 is a big, top-heavy bike, for sure.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MichiganRider

Re: Welp... Dropped my new to me 2012 Connie on the first day. Uggggg
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
Eeeeeww.  Sorry to hear that!  But congrats.  Maybe now you have used up any bad karma.

I hadn't dropped mine, ever... which was amazing, but had a few close calls and knew it was coming and got the Canyon crash bars.  Not long after that, I was trying to adjust clothing at a stop and leaned over too much and the angle created weight I simply could not handle (damn my short legs), over she went!  The bars completely saved everything.  They paid for themselves, although they are very annoying for maintenance work.

The C14 is a big, top-heavy bike, for sure.
Thanks. Maxtog It’s definitely top heavy