Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191873 times)

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:29 PM »
I would not feel dumb if I were you- those rivets are NOT self explanatory or intuitive. I didn't figure it out myself either, I picked it up somewhere; trust me, I would have pried them out and wiped out the rivet and possibly the plastic panels they held together if left to my own devices.

By the way, I took the coward's way out and cut the brake line guides off of the front fender. My thought was $6 or $8 per wheel removal would be worth it after playing with them for 20 minutes. Turns out you do not even need them.

Brian
Glad I'm not the only one to curse the brake line guides...
 :doh:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2013, 04:49:25 AM »
If thine guide offends thee, pluck it out.  Got rid of mine some years back.  Actually, they're still there but just hanging on the line itself.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »
I have a friend (surgeon) who lives in New York and typically she travelled to England today, i shall speak to her and see when she is coming over again (or any of her friends) and get one sent to her there, that way carrying it back here saves postage and time.

Thanks
Alan
2011 in Black

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2013, 09:17:29 AM »
That works.

Years ago I had a friend in England who used, as I did, Japanese model engines. The problem was that in the UK the tariffs on those things more than doubled the price. So I would procure them here and send them off with a friend of mine who happened to be a pilot on the NY / London route at that time- he would bring a folded up box that already had the address in place.

Brian

I have a friend (surgeon) who lives in New York and typically she travelled to England today, i shall speak to her and see when she is coming over again (or any of her friends) and get one sent to her there, that way carrying it back here saves postage and time.

Thanks
Alan
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ben

• crazy curly from the ville
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2014, 09:25:39 AM »
Lol how much is that harness, and w :ohere can it be bought...please and thanks

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
It is not going to work for you without a valid fob Ben. My harness does not bypass KiPass, only a stuck KiPass activation switch.

Brian

Lol how much is that harness, and w :ohere can it be bought...please and thanks
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2014, 01:58:54 PM »
You can dilute the cost of shipping somewhat by buying both a KiPass activation switch bypass as well as the Low fuel warning eliminator at the same time- shipping cost remains at the above stated price but both items will come in the same box. A thread about the low fuel warning eliminator is here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=13852.0

Hey Brian, I was interested in your "Low Fuel" override but am now interested in both the Low Fuel and KiPass override/bypass. What's the cost for both...shipped in the U.S.A.?
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2014, 04:15:52 PM »
It looks like I did not respond to this (??)- the price of both products together is $100 and includes shipping.

Brian

Hey Brian, I was interested in your "Low Fuel" override but am now interested in both the Low Fuel and KiPass override/bypass. What's the cost for both...shipped in the U.S.A.?

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »
Brian, Just tried to send you a PM and it "blocked" my personal message.  How to do I get both of these for my 2009 C14, the Kipass Bypass and the Low Fuel eliminator?  Paypal? 

COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

sailor_chic

« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
I would try his email contacts listed on his website.

http://www.incontrolne.com/

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »
Yep, personal messages are shut down but do not take it personally- I did it because I had so much correspondence coming from so many directions I could not keep up with what I had responded to and I had not. It is not you or anyone that is restricted, it is the entire private mail on the forum (and not just this forum either). Just trying to channel the communications through a smaller number of places.

I have a web site set up to purchase the KiPass activation switch bypass as well as the low fuel warning eliminator: www.incontrolne.com  Anyone can also e-mail me directly from this forum at any time, about any subject (even Kirby).

Thanks for the interest.

Brian

Brian, Just tried to send you a PM and it "blocked" my personal message.  How to do I get both of these for my 2009 C14, the Kipass Bypass and the Low Fuel eliminator?  Paypal?

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2014, 06:55:06 AM »
I would try his email contacts listed on his website.

http://www.incontrolne.com/

Just bought them from Brian, thanks! 
COG #548

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »
Thanks for the order. They will go out first thing Monday and you will get a tracking number tomorrow (Sunday) night.

Brian

Just bought them from Brian, thanks!

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2014, 08:34:19 PM »
Brian;

I gotta ask....

I've been checking back every few weeks for a while now, and I still see no more information on the Exciting new farkle!

Any hints?  C'mon,  Inquiring minds wanna know!

;)

Jamie

Yeah, Yeah... I know - Put up or shut up, right?   I've been leaving hints about both your items around the desk here, hoping someone will order one for Christmas or a birthday...   But I'll order one in the spring if nobody shows me any farkle love over the holidays...
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:24 AM »
 ;D  New product is ready. New website is not and it is kicking my butt.

The current website was done in WebEasy just to get something up (Easy Boys!) while a better tool was found (Easy!). That tool looked, and may still be, Expression Web but I gotta' say, Microsoft got me.... again. After making substantial progress, the last 5% seemed to be impossible but upon closer examination, it was more like the last 25%. The situation is bad enough for me that I was nearly willing to spring for DreamWeaver, and beyond it being too expensive for the purpose, it too looks like a learning / using nightmare. It is so bad I miss Front Page....

So therein lies the entire problem: dealing with the website, both formatting it in a manner I like (the current version is close) but retaining enough flexibility to have some additional features including, perhaps, an interactive Q&A, comments section and similar (although frankly I am concerned what Kirby might type....).

The great news for you folks in Canadaland is that there appears to be a new method of shipping across the US / CAN border that does NOT cost a ridiculous amount of money. Still nothing reasonable for the rest of the world but at least Canadians have access to these products at just a few dollars more than normal cost. Those in the UK are still in the $25 shipping cost range, which frankly is ridiculous on a $50 item, and that is my cost for shipping (I do not mark up shipping).

Thanks for the interest and let me know if you need a bigger Magic Marker or perhaps a bucket of paint and brush to leave bigger hints around the desk.... :-)

Brian

Brian;

I gotta ask....

I've been checking back every few weeks for a while now, and I still see no more information on the Exciting new farkle!

Any hints?  C'mon,  Inquiring minds wanna know!

;)

Jamie

Yeah, Yeah... I know - Put up or shut up, right?   I've been leaving hints about both your items around the desk here, hoping someone will order one for Christmas or a birthday...   But I'll order one in the spring if nobody shows me any farkle love over the holidays...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »
Yes but enquiring minds want to know, what is the "Exciting new farkle"? Because as you know, even though I don't know what it is, I almost can't ride without it.  ;)

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
Yes but enquiring minds want to know, what is the "Exciting new farkle"? Because as you know, even though I don't know what it is, I almost can't ride without it.  ;)

I couldn't help but notice the complete (but conspicuous by its absence) lack of a description either....    ;D

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »
Thanks for the order. They will go out first thing Monday and you will get a tracking number tomorrow (Sunday) night.

Brian

Installed and working! 
COG #548

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2014, 12:27:21 PM »
Because as you know, even though I don't know what it is, I almost can't ride without it.  ;)

:rotflmao:

I think there is a lot of that bug going around, especially here. No vaccine for it yet, only money seems to fend off it's firm grip (easy boys).

elp_jc

« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »
So what's the deal with these 'Kipass' failures? Are they still an issue even on late 2014 bikes? If not, when was the issue corrected for good? I'll buy a new '13 or '14, and want to know if this is still an issue. Although I have to say a quick shot of silicone spray every few months could eliminate that issue, no? But that harness has the extra feature of functioning like a theft-deterrent device. Hope I don't have to buy either product (Kipass bypass and LFW harness), but I will if still a problem. Thanks.