Author Topic: Dang that hurt!!  (Read 6054 times)

Offline Furbo

• Arena
Dang that hurt!!
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:49:24 AM »
Coming home from Kaiserslautern,Germany, I was going to overnite in scenic Garmisch. It'd been raining for a half hour and I was just coming to the Austrian border. Decided to put on my clear face shield as it was getting dark. Went to pull into a layout inside a tunnel.....evidently theres a very smooth 8" strip of concrete between the asphault of the road and the layout. Front wheel lost it and was down in a millisecond.  :yikes:

Amazingly damage wasnt too bad - but I'll be purusing the wants for a RH saddle bag.  Managed to pick the pig back up off it's RH side and it was completely rideable.

I think I may have broken my scapula & clavicle (from past experience), and knowing that if that was the case, I'd be way too sore to ride the next day - so just hit the highway home to Vicenza - another 4 hours.  Had some Advil that U used, and once home medicated with an entire liter of Vino - slept in recliner. 

Off to see the Doc today to see if it's broke. Unfortunately there's not usually anything you can actually DO to either bone except stay quiet - which is driving me nuts after only 24hrs.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Dang that hurt!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 03:57:44 AM »
Luck to you Furbo.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 04:10:04 AM »
I hate it when stuff like that happens.  Glad you're ok.....for the most part!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 04:59:19 AM »
Ouch! That's adding insult to injury for sure!

Good luck with the doctor sir.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:38 AM »
That sounds aweful. Good luck with recovery.
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »
I see some bright orange Ranger Candy in your future ;) 
Good call BTW and sorry to hear about the spill.  I bet you realized about mid lift that something was wrong, eh?

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »
Hey Todd, sorry to hear about the booboo. Missed seeing you in Nova Levante......I had an outstanding time riding the area. Someday I will get the pics up.

Brian
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 03:32:22 AM »
Hey Todd, sorry to hear about the booboo. Missed seeing you in Nova Levante......I had an outstanding time riding the area. Someday I will get the pics up.

Brian

Brian, sorry to have missed that as well, but we'd just come back from getting our eldest in college in the states and had no energy to head to the hills. But that is outstanding riding terrain.

Gloriously nothing is broken - tho they did comment on all my previous scars. Thanks to percocet I'm feeling much better.
05 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 05:29:55 AM »

Gloriously nothing is broken - tho they did comment on all my previous scars. Thanks to percocet I'm feeling much better.

:thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 09:13:27 AM »
 :grouphug:

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »
Glad yer bones are OK Todd. That should make the healing a lot faster. Ahhhh, percoset........I played the best game of scrabble in my life when I was on that after some dental work. Opened up channels in my brain that I never knew I had :o
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 03:10:22 AM »
Brian, sorry to have missed that as well, but we'd just come back from getting our eldest in college in the states and had no energy to head to the hills. But that is outstanding riding terrain.

ciao Furbo,
I just drove by your city on my way back from San Marino to Munich last Friday. I didn't know you "existed" (I don't remember having read posts from you in the past). I'm an Argentinean; half Spanish, half Italian (Lipari, Sicilia) from origin, and just been to Lipari last week to get to know my roots. I'm driving to Bolzano next week, the 19th of October. Although I live in Germany now, my GTR has way more km in Italy than here. I wish we could meet some day.
Saluti
Martín

PS: and sorry about your bike. I brought my self a nice scar onthe left saddle from a Napoli van driver   :-\
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 04:08:31 AM »
Well,

its been a month, bikes fixed, I STILL friggin hurt and am ALMOST OUT OF PERCOCET!!!!!!! DAMNIT!!!

sorry - just frustrated.
05 C-10