Author Topic: Slimey Crud Run - May 2013  (Read 3304 times)

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
Slimey Crud Run - May 2013
« on: May 06, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
Probably the best weather they've had for the spring Run since I've been taking part (5 years), and I had to miss it.  :mad2:

First time visitor to SCR and I get the best weather in years!  I am blessed with Dumb Luck. 

The forecast called for partly cloudy, mostly sunny skies.

I arrived around 1030 to find the Red Mouse Bar and Kalscheur Park already packed with bikes.  And more were coming all the time.

I started walking around looking at the bikes.  There were lots of generations represented. 

I tend to favor a certain kind so I took a few pictures.

This Dark Green one looked almost black in the sunshine.

I am considering getting a tank bra like this one.

I had not seen a cut-down, blacked-out windshield like this one before:
Nicely done!

Nice Givi trunk idea with backpad.  With cruise control and iPad for directions, looked like a nice riding setup.

Finally, another COG member bike!

And a well traveled one too.

This silver C-14 came from Iowa.  Rick asked me why take a picture of his dirty C-14.  He explained that he shoveled 11 inches of Snow on Thursday just to get the bike out of his shed.

More silver C-14's around.

And silly things were there also:

So after an hour of walking around bikes, I took a break with a Brat and my bottle of G2.  I then headed over to Leland to see what the other end of the SCR looked like.  I followed my GPS and other bikes out through the countryside.  Colors are coming back to the trees and fields.

I parked on one side of the road and took off my riding gear as the Sun was shining down brightly.  TIP: Plan where to park if you want to leave right away.  I got parked in rather quickly.

Before leaving, I met Bob and Mike and Roger from Cedar Rapids, IA.  Bob and Mike just got C-10's so they were asking me about my Baker Air Wings, Murph's tip-over bars, and the Kuryakin dropdown pegs on my ride.  I gave Mike info on the COG forums so we shall see if they appear there soon.

Good ride home under pleasant skies...
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline JS_racer

Re: Slimey Crud Run - May 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »
i had my red 09 in the street right at the bridge, what a huge turnout, 75deg day, wow. was a 500+ miles from the twin cities, running the twisties. two runs through mendoro cut and one through wildcat, was a ton of fun. ran down with some msta guys.

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »
i had my red 09 in the street right at the bridge, what a huge turnout, 75deg day, wow. was a 500+ miles from the twin cities, running the twisties. two runs through mendoro cut and one through wildcat, was a ton of fun. ran down with some msta guys.

Sorry to have missed you in Leland, JS.  It was a Beautiful Day for riding that's for sure.
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline FJRick

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
I just thought I'd add a couple pics to ManWorkingHere's post. Here's the first few minutes of my spring SCR Ride:

On the road to the SCR a few minutes later and had a Great Ride!!!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »
I just thought I'd add a couple pics to ManWorkingHere's post. Here's the first few minutes of my spring SCR Ride:

On the road to the SCR a few minutes later and had a Great Ride!!!

:o :'(

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 04:50:43 AM »
this sunday is the fall crud run. planning on being there.  :) (not on the ride, coming in from the the west)

damn, that snow is determination. lol

Offline JerBear

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 06:28:31 PM »
I will be there, weather is in the low 60's but sunny  8)
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline Daves00

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 05:28:34 PM »
Gang,
  Was feeling bad, didn't see a picture of my Connie.  :(  Checked original post date, MAY 2013. Guess there was the reason.  :)
  The Oct. SCR also had perfect weather. Couple of Connies, old and new style, never did run into anyone I knew.
  A couple of my favorites, home built custom with a flat head V/8, shaft drive and if I'm not mistaken a 3 sp. trans. For the chrome, fit and finish factor, the NEW INDIAN was beautiful.
  Can't wait for next year.

Dave N
COG 4475
03 Connie (GQ)