Author Topic: New Owner. Here to say hello and thank you.  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Y0SEF

New Owner. Here to say hello and thank you.
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:24:57 PM »
Just bought a 2000 Connie with around 9000 miles.  Needs some work and some tires but it looks like a solid platform for me to start with.  Have involved myself in reading and research on this forum after a confusing experience "next door".  In either forum there is a wealth of knowledge and expertise that I find more than valuable.  Thank you all so much for that.

I'm a practical rider and much less aggressive than I was in my younger years.  This bike should be a wonderful solution to my need for a commuter I can tour on as well.

Most important here is the following:  my wife likes the color.

Cheers, gents!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: New Owner. Here to say hello and thank you.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
Welcome
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:05:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum Y0SEF. The new tires should definitely make it a more enjoyable ride than it already is.  :chugbeer: :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 05:13:58 AM »
Glad you made it here, Yosef. Enjoy the bike.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 06:26:37 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 06:50:51 AM »
While you may not have realized it when you decided on the 2000, you have the fastest, most loved color of C10, ever!
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 07:08:28 AM »
'That's what she said.'

Offline Y0SEF

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 09:01:39 AM »
Thanks again, all!

This should be an interesting journey.  The bike is in pretty decent shape and I got it for a heck of a good price.  However, it does look like it's just been in someone's way for a decade or so.  Previous owner put like 68 miles on it last year.  He explained that he had bought it from the son of the original owner and that it had been way too much bike for both of them.  It seems to have been shuffled around garages and shops quite a lot.  It has clearly been down on both sides.  PO went thru the fuel system before running it.  He's got a fresh petcock on there, new lines, flushed tank and carbs. 

Original Dunflop tires.  The fairing is cracked by the turn signal housing on the right side.  The left antler is broken at the bottom and the shifter lever has been re-welded rather poorly.  The bike seems to have been picked up for scooting purposes by the rear rack, which destroyed the mounting frame.  It was booger welded and I dislike how loose it is now.  It was also converted to pod filters...grrrrrr.  Stock airbox was totally destroyed on removal.  He has it jetted for the pods.  It starts and runs.  Seems to have been able to avoid any hydrolock event.  Probably should get these carbs down to SiSF before too long.

My ongoing plan looks like fresh tires asap.  Leaning toward Shinkos currently.  Had very good luck with them in the past.  Have a new antler on the way from Murph, along with a set of carb ducts and springs.  Smooooooth from COG has offered to ship me an airbox and door on the condition that I "pay it forward" sometime...I love this philosophy so heck yea.  Ordered a used shifter off ebay, which should arrive this week.  Got the battery charged back up last night.  Today's goal is to install the peg lowering kit that came uninstalled with the bike, switch over to my plate, and see if I can get her rolling.

50 degrees out here in sunny Ohio.  If she can be on the road, she will be!