Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456021 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1960 on: February 09, 2020, 09:53:28 AM »
You color your hair?  :o

Sure.  Isn't that hard (although it seems to not last as long as it used to).

Color me, unsurprised.

I have news for ya- millions of men do.  :)  (I do my own, takes only 10 min or so; but my Mom is a men's barber and does it for many of her customers).  Unlike many, I am just not ashamed of it.  I figure, as long as it looks natural (both for appearance and my age) why not?    I also don't think there is anything wrong with being grey, it just doesn't look right for me, at least not yet...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1961 on: February 09, 2020, 11:48:40 AM »
I like my graying beard and hair.
Mostly in my beard though.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #1962 on: February 09, 2020, 12:17:24 PM »
You guys must be youngsters. My hair and beard are almost white.. At least my eyebrows are still dark.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1963 on: February 09, 2020, 01:37:04 PM »
You guys must be youngsters.

51.  But we are only as old as we feel, so that must make me 70 or so?

My hair and beard are almost white..

Mine would be psycho mixes, especially the beard.

At least my eyebrows are still dark.

Yeah, at least my eyebrows are still "normal", too.

I would also comment on my LOSS of hair as "what makes me crazy and annoyed", but we already went over that one a long time ago :)

Of course, there is that matter about all the hair that I don't want that suddenly likes to grow from my ears ('sup with that?).  So I guess that is another "crazy and annoyed".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gitbox

« Reply #1964 on: February 13, 2020, 09:29:52 AM »
Yeah, I didn't read the 130 pages, just the thread title so here's mine:

What makes me crazy and annoyed? Here's a few:

Entitled drivers that pull right beside me from an on ramp and expect me to move over to the left lane so they can enter the right lane. Nobody else on the road but us and they can't be bothered with pulling in behind me or speeding up and pulling in front of me. They just sit there next to me and then flip me off since I didn't "let them in." I've had them stay beside me until they run out of on ramp and start driving on the shoulder. Kinda funny how stupid that is.

Drivers that are "nice." Example: I am stopped in my lane with my left signals on waiting for on coming traffic to clear so I can make a left turn and some "nice driver" stops right in front of me in the on coming lane and waves me to turn left in front of them. Um, no, I don't think so. JUST CONTINUE DRIVING like you're supposed to. I'll turn when it's safe, not when you tell me. Of course, they get annoyed because I didn't "obey them."

Drivers that approach me from the rear pretty quickly and then rather than change lanes and pass, they just sit there on my bumper. They were already travelling faster than me but I guess it's too much trouble to go around. No other traffic, by the way. I usually let off the gas to see how slow we have to go before they make the decision to pass. Sometime we start out at 70 MPH and they won't pass until we are down to 40 MPH or less. Again, kinda funny how stupid that is. And often, they will floor it and shoot around me in disgust.

There are other driving annoyances but these are fairly high on my list.

Ah, that felt good.  :D
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours ZG-1000 (sold)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1965 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:08 AM »
Glad that made you feel better!  By the way, no one has to start at the beginning of this thread to see what's been posted in the past unless of course you are totally bored.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1966 on: February 13, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »
Entitled drivers that pull right beside me from an on ramp and expect me to move over to the left lane so they can enter the right lane. Nobody else on the road but us and they can't be bothered with pulling in behind me or speeding up and pulling in front of me. They just sit there next to me and then flip me off since I didn't "let them in." I've had them stay beside me until they run out of on ramp and start driving on the shoulder. Kinda funny how stupid that is.

States that make the laws and driving recommendations different from other states.

When I first moved to Texas, I was that guy you referred to as an entitled driver. In Illinois (where I learned to drive) the following signage and rule applies in that situation:

(note: In Illinois, "Expressways" means limited access roads like typical Interstate Highways. It doesn't mean Express lanes.)

In Maryland it clearly states that:
Quote from: MD Driver's Manual

In Texas?, well they agree with Maryland. I adjusted accordingly once I became aware of the difference. (But yeah  :-[ , it was almost a year before I looked it up.  :( )

Personally, I think the Illinois law makes more sense. If you're established on the highway in the right lane, you have a great view of the merging traffic attempting to enter the highway, you have time to check and see if you can change lanes or (if not) you can adjust your speed to fall behind the entering traffic or pull ahead of where they will enter traffic. If you are on the entrance ramp the main thing you should be doing is accelerating to get up to the same speed as the established highway traffic...even if you are in a Prius. Where as your view on an entrance ramp of the established highway traffic is marginal as you are either trying to look over your left shoulder or trying to find the road in your side mirror.  It seems (at least here in Texas) that many (50%?) of the entrance ramps are curved and you are not parallel to the established traffic until the last second and thus you have a good side mirror view only at that time and you have to quickly decide to merge or wait or brake depending on the remaining length of road ahead of you. That would be in a four wheel vehicle, now on a motorcycle it's even worse as on a curved entrance ramp you'll be banked over to the right and accelerating and trying to see in a mirror that's up in the air or trying to see over your left shoulder through a helmet visor opening.

Of course YOMV. That's probably why other drivers are such a pet peeve of almost all of us.

Another driving law that comes to mind is driving on the shoulder. In Illinois it is not allowed.
    (625 ILCS 5/11-709.1) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 11-709.1)
    Sec. 11-709.1. Driving on the shoulder.
    (a) Vehicles shall be driven on a roadway, and shall only be driven on the shoulder for the purpose of stopping or accelerating from a stop while merging into traffic. It shall be a violation of this Section if while merging into traffic and while on the shoulder, the vehicle passes any other vehicle on the roadway adjacent to it.
    (b) This Section shall not apply to any authorized emergency vehicle, to any authorized transit bus, to any bicycle, to any farm tractor or implement of husbandry, to any service vehicle while engaged in maintenance of the highway or related work, or to any authorized vehicle within a designated construction zone.

In Texas it is not prohibited but also is specifically indicated to be allowed:
Quote from:  Texas Transportation code Sec. 545.058
Driving on Improved Shoulder
(a) An operator may drive on an improved shoulder to the right of the main traveled portion of a roadway if that operation is necessary and may be done safely, but only:
  (1) to stop, stand, or park;
  (2) to accelerate before entering the main traveled lane of traffic;
  (3) to decelerate before making a right turn;
  (4)to pass another vehicle that is slowing or stopped on the main traveled portion of the highway, disabled, or preparing to make a left turn;
  (5)to allow another vehicle traveling faster to pass;
  (6)as permitted or required by an official traffic-control device; or
  (7)to avoid a collision.
When I first arrived here I noticed that many did so, and I wanted to but feared getting a ticket for driving on the shoulder. I later adjusted accordingly and happily so.

Despite my preference for the Illinois version of the limited access merging rules, (I can't think of much else I like about ILL-annoy) I much prefer the overall driving experience in Texas, especially the speed limits.

So when this self driving vehicle thing gets off the ground for real, do you think they'll take the time to unify the state driving laws to a national norm?...or will they just keep a record of each in the computer and change driving modes based on the GPS location?

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #1967 on: February 13, 2020, 02:53:59 PM »
Whenever I ride I go out of my way to make things easy  for automobile and truck drivers since they seem to need all the help they can get.  8) And to try to improve the motorcyclists image, of course.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1968 on: February 14, 2020, 05:05:07 AM »
I try as well, but take a dim view of someone who merges at the last dam inch of roadway to beat a line of traffic.  I won't let them in especially if there has been room in the lane I'm in for them to merge back in the line.  I do make exceptions of course depending on my mood at the time.

In VA you can't use the shoulder to drive on.  It's a ticket.  They tried to pass a law in VA for motorcycles to use the shoulder to allow them to get to the next exit in a traffic jam but it didn't pass.  Truthfully I would be leery of shoulders on an Interstate as that's where all the debris falls...overheating and flat tires....no thanks.  Also, broken down cages that overheat.

My new Indian has the rear cylinder deactivation in overheating conditions.  Haven't experienced that yet as I just bought it in late December.

Another law proposed to make it illegal to mow and throw grass into the road.  This too shall not pass as VDOT, being among the prime culprits objected.

Yet another law is allowing lane sharing in certain situations.  Not sure of the status on this one.  I don't imagine it would go over well at all with the driving public in urban areas.  I wouldn't want to be the first one to try it after it's enacted (if it passes).  The only way I could do it would be to have two smart cars on the right and the left.  My bike is too big to squeeze by normal cars.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:45:40 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1969 on: February 14, 2020, 06:24:44 AM »
States that make the laws and driving recommendations different from other states.

When I first moved to Texas, I was that guy you referred to as an entitled driver. In Illinois (where I learned to drive) the following signage and rule applies in that situation:

(note: In Illinois, "Expressways" means limited access roads like typical Interstate Highways. It doesn't mean Express lanes.)

In Maryland it clearly states that:
In Texas?, well they agree with Maryland. I adjusted accordingly once I became aware of the difference. (But yeah  :-[ , it was almost a year before I looked it up.  :( )

Personally, I think the Illinois law makes more sense. If you're established on the highway in the right lane, you have a great view of the merging traffic attempting to enter the highway, you have time to check and see if you can change lanes or (if not) you can adjust your speed to fall behind the entering traffic or pull ahead of where they will enter traffic. If you are on the entrance ramp the main thing you should be doing is accelerating to get up to the same speed as the established highway traffic...even if you are in a Prius. Where as your view on an entrance ramp of the established highway traffic is marginal as you are either trying to look over your left shoulder or trying to find the road in your side mirror.  It seems (at least here in Texas) that many (50%?) of the entrance ramps are curved and you are not parallel to the established traffic until the last second and thus you have a good side mirror view only at that time and you have to quickly decide to merge or wait or brake depending on the remaining length of road ahead of you. That would be in a four wheel vehicle, now on a motorcycle it's even worse as on a curved entrance ramp you'll be banked over to the right and accelerating and trying to see in a mirror that's up in the air or trying to see over your left shoulder through a helmet visor opening.

Of course YOMV. That's probably why other drivers are such a pet peeve of almost all of us.

Another driving law that comes to mind is driving on the shoulder. In Illinois it is not allowed.
In Texas it is not prohibited but also is specifically indicated to be allowed:When I first arrived here I noticed that many did so, and I wanted to but feared getting a ticket for driving on the shoulder. I later adjusted accordingly and happily so.

Despite my preference for the Illinois version of the limited access merging rules, (I can't think of much else I like about ILL-annoy) I much prefer the overall driving experience in Texas, especially the speed limits.

So when this self driving vehicle thing gets off the ground for real, do you think they'll take the time to unify the state driving laws to a national norm?...or will they just keep a record of each in the computer and change driving modes based on the GPS location?

I had NO idea that Illinois law was so stupid on this subject. This has been a HUGE pet peeve of mine, idiots who don't know how to merge properly. I learned to drive in Illinois and I always thought that the law on merging stated something to the effect that people should merge in such a way their merging doesn't effect the flow of traffic on the road that they are merging onto. If you can't speed up or slow down to safely merge, then you wait till you can.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 05:53:23 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gitbox

« Reply #1970 on: February 14, 2020, 08:43:28 AM »
Good info!

Guys, don't get me wrong. I'm not an inconsiderate jerk when I drive, I was referring in my first statement about merging to the situation where there is only me and one other car on the road. The other driver has all the room in the world to merge but he decides to snuggle up beside me and expect me to change lanes. In my opinion, that guy's the jerk.

I've always tried to drive in such a way as to minimize interference with other drivers, e.g. not forcing them to speed up, slow down, change lanes, hit their brakes, etc.
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours ZG-1000 (sold)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1971 on: February 14, 2020, 10:51:39 AM »
If you can't speed up or slow down to safely merger, then you wait till you can.

Trust me on this Mr. C, that doesn't work. It was tried here in Texas back in the 60s-70s. This state had the worst entrance and exit ramps on most of it's urban freeways (I'm most familiar with Austin and to a lesser extent Houston but I saw it in other areas as well, so I suspect it was statewide back then). Little short ramps with no real merge area. People would go down the ramp and come to a stop at the merge and sit there staring at their mirror or over their shoulder waiting for a gap to shoot into. If they were good with mirrors they were better at it, if not they sat there until their neck got sore and then they would just dart out at any perceivable gap and hope it would work. Most ramps had a backup and of course some drivers would be more timid than others so...well you can imagine. Driving in the right lane established on the freeway was no picnic either. I learned that if the driver sitting at the end of the ramp ahead was looking in their mirror I was probably safe to continue on, if they were looking over their shoulder and there was anything more than 4 car lengths between me and the car in front of me...it would be 50-50 chance that they were coming and I'd have to brake. They usually gave a tip off when they turned their head to look forward just as they hit the gas. The mirror mergers didn't give that tip off, but despite the lack of warning they seemed to better at the whole thing. Eventually the Texas highway engineers got the idea and it's now next to impossible to find any of those old dangerous entrance ramps anywhere in the state.

So I respectfully disagree with you on this C.

The driver established on the freeway (expressway) has all the advantages when it comes to merging, their speed is already established, and they have a clear forward view of the situation, and if (yes, it's a very big if) they've been paying attention they are already aware of the situation around them as far as adjacent traffic in other lanes. The person on the ramp has limited vision, is trying to accelerate up to speed, and generally has no idea what kind of traffic pattern is going on until the last few second of the merge. Now of course there are the up hill entrance ramps where nobody has a good view of anything, the established freeway driver doesn't know someone is about to merge, the person on the ramp has no view over their shoulder or in their mirror (they might get a glimpse of a truck if it's tall enough), plus they have to accelerate up hill. Fortunately they usually have extra long straight merge lanes at the freeway level to assist with the situation.

It's human nature I guess to feel that once you've successfully merged into traffic on the freeway, that you've earned the right to just cruise along and play with the radio and relax and make the other's earn their way onto the freeway just as you did. Hopefully as motorcyclists we realize that, no, there shouldn't be any relaxing, just attentive driving.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1972 on: February 14, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
I've always tried to drive in such a way as to minimize interference with other drivers, e.g. not forcing them to speed up, slow down, change lanes, hit their brakes, etc.

:goodpost: I do agree with this. If I cause another driver to have to brake or swerve because of something I did when I had the choice of doing it or not doing it, then I'm the one at fault.

I guess I should come up with an annoyance here...

Those drivers that are waiting to make a left turn into a parking lot driveway but don't pre-look at the actual entrance. They find a gap in oncoming traffic that has the right timing if they proceed expeditiously and start the turn, but then at the last second they realize that the entrance has a bump or a steep uphill ramp to it. Rather than risk bouncing their butt or bottoming their SUV's suspension a little, instead they come almost to a complete stop with their ass hanging out half blocking the lane, usually the one I'm in.  :P :yikes:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1973 on: February 14, 2020, 03:25:54 PM »
:goodpost: I do agree with this. If I cause another driver to have to brake or swerve because of something I did when I had the choice of doing it or not doing it, then I'm the one at fault.

I also agree with this.  I try to not irritate other drivers as I would hope they try not to irritate me. :)

Cross merging on a loop ramp (we have many here, it is the one with NO acceleration lane, it is just a loop that touches the interstate for maybe 50 feet) is probably one of the most complex things ever.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when people slow down rapidly on an on-ramp before even looking (or never even accelerated), because they are too lame to try and judge what is going on.  Most people can't merge with 70MPH traffic going 20 on a loop on/off ramp.  And lord help us if they stop....  But as you say, as the one on the main road (even though I have the right of way), I try to predict what is going on and adjust accordingly when I am exiting at the same time.  Sometimes that means slowing down, sometimes that means speeding up.  It usually means making my intentions clear and consistent so the other drivers can also predict what is going on.  But all it takes is some unpredictable asshole to mess it up for everyone (but that is true with so many things in life).

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #1974 on: February 15, 2020, 05:45:55 AM »
Good info!

Guys, don't get me wrong. I'm not an inconsiderate jerk when I drive, I was referring in my first statement about merging to the situation where there is only me and one other car on the road. The other driver has all the room in the world to merge but he decides to snuggle up beside me and expect me to change lanes. In my opinion, that guy's the jerk.

IMHO, common courtesy would dictate that if you were the only other car around and another car was trying to enter the roadway, and you had an open lane to the left of you, your moving to the left lane and allowing the entering car clear access would be the right thing to do.  It would also follow with what you said in your last sentence above.  Again, just IMHO.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1975 on: February 15, 2020, 06:24:42 AM »
IMHO, common courtesy would dictate that if you were the only other car around and another car was trying to enter the roadway, and you had an open lane to the left of you, your moving to the left lane and allowing the entering car clear access would be the right thing to do.

Perhaps.  Not sure on that one.  In such a case, where the merging person is at your same speed, you won't necessarily see them with much warning.  If you are in the right lane because you need to exit soon, yourself (just not at that exit), it would be irritating to have to change your lane just to possibly have someone in your way when you need to move right back.  As the person merging, I would always adjust MY speed to be ahead or behind a vehicle in the lane I am merging into, never requiring (or hoping, or expecting) the person with the right-of-way to adjust to me (this is all, of course, assuming there is no other traffic).

So yeah, it might be nice for the right-of-way (straight bound car) to move over in this case, and sometimes I do that, myself, not doing so isn't necessarily wrong or discourteous, either.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1976 on: February 15, 2020, 07:01:35 AM »
Merging traffic. Possibly the world's biggest problem.....

So easily solved though: if everyone was reasonable, there would be zero problems.

Which brings us to the concept of a zipper.... Know why a zipper works so extremely well? Because there are never two teeth trying to fit into one tooth slot. Apply this to vehicles and we could all move on to T-boning each other at four- way stops and so forth.

Sheesh!

Brian (not really a tooth in a zipper but the concept applies)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1977 on: February 15, 2020, 07:38:07 AM »
Merging traffic. Possibly the world's biggest problem.....

So easily solved though: if everyone was reasonable, there would be zero problems.

True, but different people have different definitions of "reasonable."  For example- a slow-speed alternate merge due to a lane close.  If everyone merged at the merge point, where the lane ends (everyone letting 1 car to merge in front of them at that point), there would be no issues.  But, instead, some people think they should merge sooner than the merge point and the people who stay in the closing lane until the merge point are the ones who are "wrong."  The result- the closing lane moves much faster and people in the other lane get mean and stop letting people in.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1978 on: February 15, 2020, 08:25:39 AM »
Right, but the key words in your post are 'get mean' IMO. If everyone just let in one car in front of them, and then the next car in the merging lane (assuming it is the lane to the right in the US), then everything would go swimmingly.

I am not disagreeing with any of you folks that this is a problem in general, I am just of the opinion that it is a silly and foolish problem, 99% of our own making. Than again I suppose almost all of our problems are self- made seeing as we have generally overcome <most> of those great problems thrust upon us such as plague, famine, polio, etc. ad nauseum. So the only problems we have left are basically minor and almost always self induced.

All of that said, I find it far, far easier to merge on a motorcycle than a car; visibility on a bike is better, faster and easier, and bikes are generally far more agile than autos. And personally, I never allow anyone to actually get directly to the side of me in any merging or 'losing a lane' situation 'cause stupidity will always win and many (most?) people will simply jam over one lane when they suddenly find themselves in a disappearing lane.

Brian

True, but different people have different definitions of "reasonable."  For example- a slow-speed alternate merge due to a lane close.  If everyone merged at the merge point, where the lane ends (everyone letting 1 car to merge in front of them at that point), there would be no issues.  But, instead, some people think they should merge sooner than the merge point and the people who stay in the closing lane until the merge point are the ones who are "wrong."  The result- the closing lane moves much faster and people in the other lane get mean and stop letting people in.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1979 on: February 15, 2020, 11:27:03 AM »
If everyone merged at the merge point, where the lane ends (everyone letting 1 car to merge in front of them at that point), there would be no issues.

Bingo!, this I agree with. (or as Brian said, the zipper method) That's what I try to do every time. Exception being that sometimes a sign with a large side pointing arrow well before the merge point says "Merge Now - State Law" making a new merge point, regardless either way everyone is then aware of the merge point instead of every one picking a separate spot causing unexpected braking in the lines of traffic .

But some feel otherwise about it....

I try as well, but take a dim view of someone who merges at the last dam inch of roadway to beat a line of traffic.  I won't let them in especially if there has been room in the lane I'm in for them to merge back in the line.  I do make exceptions of course depending on my mood at the time.

Yep, if only we agreed on what was reasonable. I guess self driving vehicles will let us know someday as to what is reasonable, depending on their mood at the time of course.  ;D ::)