Author Topic: 20 feet from my front door.  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Darkman1692

20 feet from my front door.
« on: August 08, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »
I was out pricing new tires after my first multi day touring trip to Crater lake OR from Seattle WA. So the errands around town where routine. As I was pulling into my drive way to pull behind my truck. My drive is rather steep and the turn can be rather tight but I've done it hundreds of times. This time was different. The rear break grabbed and I lost momentum, as soon as I realized I couldn't save it I jumped off, literally jumped 8+ feet and I'm no small guy 6' 330lbs throwing my back and knees out of whack. The right mirror is cracked, and feels like just a bump away from flying off. Front plastics and saddle bag ls are scratched but nothing I can't take care of. The mirror on the other hand may require some duct tape and JB weld until In can afford a new assembly. 3 days after I drop my baby I got the recall notice for the rear break on my 09.. So new tires, right mirror assembly and some crash protection are on this unemployed college students shopping list.

Black 2009 C14

Offline Conrad

Re: 20 feet from my front door.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:49:48 AM »
Sorry 'bout that. Since both you and the bike got hurt, sounds like you should have broke the bike's fall with your body instead of jumping away.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:40:05 AM »
Ouch, sorry to hear this bro...  :'(   :grouphug:

Offline Darkman1692

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
I would have used my body to break her fall if I didn't know what it's like to be laid up from 2 shoulder surgeries, almost loosing my right eye, dislocating my left knee and 6 broken bones with the last 4 years. So I'd rather bite the bullet and replace a few parts on my bike then have to explain to my lawyer how I got injured while trying to fight for partial disability and worker retraining from the workplace injury that got me fired.  ;)
Black 2009 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »
I would have used my body to break her fall if I didn't know what it's like to be laid up from 2 shoulder surgeries, almost loosing my right eye, dislocating my left knee and 6 broken bones with the last 4 years. So I'd rather bite the bullet and replace a few parts on my bike then have to explain to my lawyer how I got injured while trying to fight for partial disability and worker retraining from the workplace injury that got me fired.  ;)

Well, since you put it THAT way, well done!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn