Author Topic: Cant get key to turn  (Read 33313 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Cant get key to turn
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
I agree but it would be nice to hear the fix, speaking of which have you installed those stolen Heli Bars yet Jim?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 06:33:12 PM »
Yeah that is true enough. In the end it really works out fine; those who just pop in after doing a search or looking for specific info. don't really participate and that is fine. Some people have been around here for years and it really does become something like a community and social exchange. Why other than you folks, Kirby doesn't have any friends to speak of at all.

;D

Brian

The reality is we provide a tremendous service to C14 owners and there is no requirement that anyone reciprocate. There will always be those who have no interest in our community except when they need help. And that's ok.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
Yeah that is true enough. In the end it really works out fine; those who just pop in after doing a search or looking for specific info. don't really participate and that is fine. Some people have been around here for years and it really does become something like a community and social exchange. Why other than you folks, Kirby doesn't have any friends to speak of at all.

;D

Brian
If Kirby would only drink  more he might learn to  mingle and enjoy a more active social life.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 04:38:34 AM »
I'll be glad to teach him how to lift a glass.  Might take him awhile, he's a bit stiff.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 04:45:04 AM »
I agree but it would be nice to hear the fix, speaking of which have you installed those stolen Heli Bars yet Jim?

It is somewhat frustrating to have someone bring a problem to the group and then never hear of the eventual outcome.  It's happened more than a few times here.  I checked on the other forum and I didn't see anything similar over there.

The bars are going on but it's going to be a spring project.  The neck is feeling a bit better but I've got an appt. with a surgeon next Tuesday to review my options.  I have two big trips planned this summer so I've got to be ready for those.  The bars should help me get into a more upright sitting position.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 05:42:46 AM »
It is somewhat frustrating to have someone bring a problem to the group and then never hear of the eventual outcome.  It's happened more than a few times here.  I checked on the other forum and I didn't see anything similar over there.

The bars are going on but it's going to be a spring project.  The neck is feeling a bit better but I've got an appt. with a surgeon next Tuesday to review my options.  I have two big trips planned this summer so I've got to be ready for those.  The bars should help me get into a more upright sitting position.

Did you buy the adjustable bars then?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 05:51:57 AM »
Sure did...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 05:53:09 AM »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
Wow, still nothing huh? Shocker...  :-X ;D

Offline Kurt

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »
Guys, you ALL need to calm down. I just got back from my trip last night. I continued the trip using the suggestions given on this thread and was able to get the bike to start everytime. This morning at 10 AM, I go to the dealer for the repair. I'll be sure to let everyone know the fix.

Please remember that a lot of people do not check the forums 50x per day, and especially while on a trip. Frankly, I am a little put off by the drama and accusing that goes on around this forum. Y'all might want to consider riding more and pointing fingers less. You may find yourselves to be a heck of a lot happier!

Best,

Kurt

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »
Why you're just a....
Just kidding!
Glad it worked out for ya, don't listen to these post whorz
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 09:33:18 AM »
Guys, you ALL need to calm down. I just got back from my trip last night. I continued the trip using the suggestions given on this thread and was able to get the bike to start everytime. This morning at 10 AM, I go to the dealer for the repair. I'll be sure to let everyone know the fix.

Please remember that a lot of people do not check the forums 50x per day, and especially while on a trip. Frankly, I am a little put off by the drama and accusing that goes on around this forum. Y'all might want to consider riding more and pointing fingers less. You may find yourselves to be a heck of a lot happier!

Best,

Kurt

I don't know Kurt, I'm pretty calm and happy as is. I'm also happy that you made it back safe and sound.  :thumbs:   Good luck with the dealer.   

I'd like to hear some about your trip south of the border, if you'd like to tell the tale that is.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:52 AM »
Nice thread!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
Congrats Kurt!
True, we have no life and just crave forum drama, when we don't get forum drama we just create it!  ;D

But we forgive ya bro...  :grouphug:

Now...

:stirpot: :popcorn: :rotflmao:

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
OMG a just looking in my twenty somethings college major list and "Forum Drama" was an approved college major.  :rotflmao:
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »
OMG a just looking in my twenty somethings college major list and "Forum Drama" was an approved college major. :funny:

Some here have attended that course!?
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
OMG a just looking in my twenty somethings college major list and "Forum Drama" was an approved college major.  :rotflmao:

Some here have their PH.D. (Piled High & Deep)    ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
Some here have their PH.D. (Piled High & Deep)    ;)

A BS in BS eh C...  ;)

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
Thus far this has been a seriously entertaining thread. You go Kurt knock back the nay-sayers.... :hitfan:
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
Wow you guys are seriously hard on poor Kurt, especially after getting stuck in Mexico. Pesky KiPass anyway. If only there was a way to deal with that....

This assumes that Kurt is a real person and Mexico is a real country.... (sorry, couldn't resist).

Careful out there folks, don't be a victim of KiPass and especially, getting heckled by the masses on a public forum. Never venture out into the wild without.... a back-up plan.

<ROFLMAO>

Now on a serious note, glad you made it back OK Kurt.

Brian
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:20:38 PM by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com