Author Topic: Have em mounted  (Read 7192 times)

Offline bowtie39

Have em mounted
« on: August 20, 2011, 08:37:18 AM »
Can now send out a "Thanks" to Chris aka-snarf.  Have had a set of his light brackets for some time but couldn't decide on the lights option.  Went to Twisted Throttle and used the Denali kit #1 LED set.  My purpose was to have extra lighting for cagers and if that HID disappears to have a backup.  Am liking this add-on and again to tell Chris I like his simple, clean brackets.

Roger  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:17:02 AM by bowtie39 »
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: Have em mounted
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
Well shoot. I can't view the pics from my phone for some reason.
I'm glad that they work for you.
I purchased a set of Hella FF50's to put on the 'Spirit' now I get the privilege of making something for me ???
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »
Hey thats much better.  Nice job. Those look real nice.  How much light do they throw down the road?
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
Thats exactly what I've been wanting to do. Looks real good.
2004 C10 RIP

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
At this time the headlight does a good job on it's own.  Main goal was to add additional lights to be seen by oncomers.  With that said I pointed the LED's down too much to help with extended coverage.  This does light the road in front well but not alot of distance.  And if the HID ever quit there would still be light! 

Before deciding on these I had seen some on a GS and they did a great job for down the road as his headlight was stock bulb and these aimed right made a huge difference.  Another plus is the light load they draw from the electric system.

Thanks

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »
Another way to mount lights.  GBYII has given me personal go-ahead to manufacture his style of light brackets.

*pics thanks to Slybones
2002 Conc

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 04:05:25 AM »
Chris, When you get into production of the GBYII Light Mounting Brackets I want a set......
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 06:37:38 AM »
Chris, When you get into production of the GBYII Light Mounting Brackets I want a set......
Not a problem T. 
The brackets are $40 powder coated and shipped.  Bit busy at the moment, but fully expect to get them going very shortly.  PM me your desire of color.  I can get a hold of Jimmy M. I bet he would send me some of his Salmon that he used on my valve cover.  That would be pretty ;D
Sorry you couldnt make it to the rally.
2002 Conc

Offline Silverado

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 07:32:06 PM »

I'd like a set, too!  PM when first available.  Black or Silver 02 Connie.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »
Not a problem T. 
The brackets are $40 powder coated and shipped.  Bit busy at the moment, but fully expect to get them going very shortly.  PM me your desire of color.  I can get a hold of Jimmy M. I bet he would send me some of his Salmon that he used on my valve cover.  That would be pretty ;D
Sorry you couldnt make it to the rally.

Black will be just fine...... Jim should keep that valve cover paint just in case you ever need a re-paint of your's!  :stirpot:
Tony P. Crochet

Offline toojeep4u

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 10:49:42 AM »
ooh ooh, me too!  I like the way the look.  '01 Blue would be nice.  Or black.
Tori '01

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 01:33:12 PM »
I'd like a set, too!  PM when first available.  Black or Silver 02 Connie.
Black will be just fine...... Jim should keep that valve cover paint just in case you ever need a re-paint of your's!  :stirpot:
ooh ooh, me too!  I like the way the look.  '01 Blue would be nice.  Or black.
Well it looks like I know what I am doing this weekend.  I will keep ya all posted.
Silverado, I dont have any silver on hand but i do have some charcoal that matches our 02 lowers.
T-Cro, what shade of black? I have flat, gloss, high gloss, and mirror (looks like wet paint)
toojeep 4u, no blue either. Its way to hard to match when its that close to the fairing.
I really didnt mean to hi-jack this thread, guess I had better make a posting in the for sale section.
Thanks guys.
2002 Conc

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
HIJACKER! :stirpot:

Roger

Offline throb

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 05:11:54 AM »
Sweet!  I want a set too, was thinking about getting a set of Denali's myself....if anyone else interested in them, you can find plenty of reviews on them if your just google them....seem a very decent set of lights.
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 05:15:42 AM »
T-Cro, what shade of black? I have flat, gloss, high gloss, and mirror (looks like wet paint)

Closest to frame black.... My guess would be gloss black?
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
Looks like 35 watt Hellas mounted on Slybones'. I set mine to converge about 75' out and it makes a world of difference out on the road.   :)
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline Tele130

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »
I'll take a set to Chris. :rotflmao:  Just plain "Gloss Black".  Call me.

Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!