Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455732 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1220 on: February 04, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »
A virtual dissertation when a simple answer is all that is needed. Why do people do that? It's like I ask what time it is and I end up with a tutorial of how to build an atomic clock.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1221 on: February 04, 2016, 11:00:28 AM »
A virtual dissertation when a simple answer is all that is needed. Why do people do that? It's like I ask what time it is and I end up with a tutorial of how to build an atomic clock.

There are some people that absolutely need an easily accessible switch to turn off verbose mode.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
Re: What makes me crazy....
« Reply #1222 on: February 04, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
The bobboing camera style is becoming very popular due to folks with short attentions spans and the fact that movement keeps your eyes on the screen, it also is supposed to lend a kind of grittiness and a feeling as if you are there watching the actors and being in the same room, looking back and forth as if your eyes were the camera, its a technique that started awhile ago and made famous by shows like NYPD Blue. I hate it, its as if the director is trying to tell me where to look, where he thinks my attention should be. Have we becoming that stupid......oh..... never mind.

Drives me nuts too, which probably explains why I don't watch ANY television any more.

I always thought the technique was supposed to give you the belief that you were watching real stuff instead of a bunch of tired, overpaid, starving actors trying to pretend they're significant.  :nuts:
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1223 on: February 04, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »
The first time I really started noticing the camera shaking style was in the film "Man on Fire" with Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. Otherwise and excellent film IMO, but the constant shaking made me crazy and annoyed!

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1224 on: February 04, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »
Being required to provide absurd amounts of constantly changing information the requesting person has no use for, cannot possibly put to use and has yet to realize I haven't updated in weeks.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1225 on: February 05, 2016, 03:46:33 AM »

... the continuous non-stop political tsunami that occurs here in New Hampshire due to the primary.  I'd be glad if it moved to another state.  Looking for volunteers, who wants it?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1226 on: February 05, 2016, 03:52:30 AM »
... the continuous non-stop political tsunami that occurs here in New Hampshire due to the primary.  I'd be glad if it moved to another state.  Looking for volunteers, who wants it?

Send it to Ill-inois. It's so screwed up here we'll never notice.  :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1227 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:03 AM »
Send it to Ill-inois. It's so screwed up here we'll never notice.  :(

Yeah, who's gonna notice another turd in the cesspool?

Speaking of which...

Since our Ill-ustrious state hasn't passed this years budget YET (only 6 months overdue) lots of entities are running out of money.  >:(  My wife works at a state supported community college and they started laying folks off left and right this week, the state owes them $5mil. Fortunately she has seniority and is in (almost) no danger. She's quite upset though as you can imagine as her coworkers and friends get called into HR for the bad news.   :(
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1228 on: February 05, 2016, 05:39:01 AM »
Yeah, who's gonna notice another turd in the cesspool?

Speaking of which...

Since our Ill-ustrious state hasn't passed this years budget YET (only 6 months overdue) lots of entities are running out of money.  >:(  My wife works at a state supported community college and they started laying folks off left and right this week, the state owes them $5mil. Fortunately she has seniority and is in (almost) no danger. She's quite upset though as you can imagine as her coworkers and friends get called into HR for the bad news.   :(

...but our fearless leaders are still paying themselves. Since we are  paying them to screw us doesn't that make them whores?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1229 on: February 05, 2016, 05:53:23 AM »
...but our fearless leaders are still paying themselves. Since we are  paying them to screw us doesn't that make them whores?

It sure does! I have some other names for them as well.    >:(

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1230 on: February 05, 2016, 06:01:02 AM »
The first time I really started noticing the camera shaking style was in the film "Man on Fire" with Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. Otherwise and excellent film IMO, but the constant shaking made me crazy and annoyed!

I absolutely f :censored: ing hate that f :censored: ing **** poor lousy camera technique and some shows (like Modern Family) I won't watch at all because of it.  D :censored: n kids are the ones driving that I think.  Someone needs their a** kicked for inventing that piece of sh :censored: y camera work.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1231 on: February 05, 2016, 06:02:06 AM »
It sure does! I have some other names for them as well.    >:(

They should have their own reality show..." the Real Whores of Springfield ".

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1232 on: February 05, 2016, 07:12:08 AM »
I absolutely f :censored: ing hate that f :censored: ing **** poor lousy camera technique and some shows (like Modern Family) I won't watch at all because of it.  D :censored: n kids are the ones driving that I think.  Someone needs their a** kicked for inventing that piece of sh :censored: y camera work.

Subtle hints there but I'm guessing that you're not a fan of the shaky camera style eh Jim?

I never noticed that while watching Modern Family (one of the funniest shows EVER) myself. I'll pay more attention the next time. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1233 on: February 05, 2016, 07:21:45 AM »
Subtle hints there but I'm guessing that you're not a fan of the shaky camera style eh Jim?

Don't get me started...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1234 on: February 05, 2016, 07:42:41 AM »

+1 I wanted to send Tony Scott (director of "Man on Fire") an email saying "Home Depot called, they want their paint shaker back".

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1235 on: February 05, 2016, 08:25:36 AM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1236 on: March 23, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »
"At the end of the day..."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1237 on: March 23, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »
Members that ask us questions and don't tell us the year of the bike they have...  Sometimes it does make a difference.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1238 on: March 23, 2016, 09:57:10 PM »
Members that ask us questions and don't tell us the year of the bike they have...

Or when you suggest they do or perhaps even put it in their signature or avatar line and they still don't :/

Sometimes it does make a difference.

It often does.  Oh well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SilverConnieRider

« Reply #1239 on: March 24, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »
Members that ask us questions and don't tell us the year of the bike they have...  Sometimes it does make a difference.

That and when someone joins - then asks a question and we give 20 answers and they never reply again.